11-08-2013, 10:48 PM #1
diozz
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); i'm getting an issue on ida 6.1 and 5.2 Not Happy or Sad... it's not loading xref(s);i'm waiting till it completely loads the file up but still no results. i already installed the loaders and plugins fr ps3....any suggestion would be appreciated. thx

edit:actually i just right clicked on the string and tried to manually get the xref, but it says that i can't get it.. y?
Last edited by diozz ; 11-08-2013 at 10:54 PM.
11-08-2013, 11:30 PM #2
Originally posted by diozz View Post
i'm getting an issue on ida 6.1 and 5.2 Not Happy or Sad... it's not loading xref(s);i'm waiting till it completely loads the file up but still no results. i already installed the loaders and plugins fr ps3....any suggestion would be appreciated. thx

edit:actually i just right clicked on the string and tried to manually get the xref, but it says that i can't get it.. y?

What's an XREF?
I have IDA Pro (with PS3 plugins) and have no problems opening my EBOOT.ELFs, my only problem is that my COSad AwesomeGhosts eboot is only 44kb and when I open it there is nothing inside, just a few lines. The modded EBOOT.BINs I have downloaded are 6mb+, what is the reason for my eboot being only 44kb? I took the eboot directly from my Ghosts 1.02 update folder.
Last edited by Labrador ; 11-08-2013 at 11:33 PM.
11-08-2013, 11:31 PM #3
Originally posted by Labrador View Post
What's an XREF?
I have IDA Pro and have no problems opening my EBOOT.ELFs, my only problem is that my COSad AwesomeGhosts eboot is only 44kb and when I open it there is nothing inside, just a few lines. The modded EBOOT.BINs I have downloaded are 6mb+, what is the reason for my eboot being 44kb?

An XREF is a cross reference. You should mod the default_mp.elf not the EBOOT for Ghosts Winky Winky

The following user thanked Red-EyeX32 for this useful post:

Labrador
11-09-2013, 01:01 AM #4
Tustin
Balls of Steel
Originally posted by Labrador View Post
What's an XREF?
I have IDA Pro (with PS3 plugins) and have no problems opening my EBOOT.ELFs, my only problem is that my COSad AwesomeGhosts eboot is only 44kb and when I open it there is nothing inside, just a few lines. The modded EBOOT.BINs I have downloaded are 6mb+, what is the reason for my eboot being only 44kb? I took the eboot directly from my Ghosts 1.02 update folder.

The EBOOT really only loads either default.self or default_mp.self. If you're wanting to mod the game, use one of those two.
11-09-2013, 01:12 AM #5
BLiNDzZ
Who’s Jim Erased?
Originally posted by diozz View Post
i'm getting an issue on ida 6.1 and 5.2 Not Happy or Sad... it's not loading xref(s);i'm waiting till it completely loads the file up but still no results. i already installed the loaders and plugins fr ps3....any suggestion would be appreciated. thx

Not everything you look for has a XREF (a xref is where the function is called in the game) somethings have xrefs, some dont.
11-09-2013, 01:55 AM #6
Originally posted by Tustin View Post
The EBOOT really only loads either default.self or default_mp.self. If you're wanting to mod the game, use one of those two.

Originally posted by EyeX32 View Post
An XREF is a cross reference. You should mod the default_mp.elf not the EBOOT for Ghosts Winky Winky

How do I decrypt the default_mp.self to an .ELF? When I try to decrypt it, it says that It can't decrypt the header.
Last edited by Labrador ; 11-09-2013 at 02:08 AM.
11-09-2013, 09:02 AM #7
diozz
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by EyeX32 View Post

where do i find the default_mp.elf? can't find it in the game directory, maybe decrypting the eboot.elf? which program should i use? thx

Edit:found the file, just didn't check carefully enough. sorry guys
Last edited by diozz ; 11-09-2013 at 09:05 AM.
11-09-2013, 09:09 AM #8
diozz
Bounty hunter
ok, so when i try to open the default_mp.self it's giving me an error saying: bad hex input file format,line 1. anybody can help plz?

Edit:got it. i was trying to open the .self, then i realized that i needed the .elf. i found on the web a converter and finally i'm editing stuff guys
Last edited by diozz ; 11-09-2013 at 09:26 AM.
11-09-2013, 09:38 AM #9
diozz
Bounty hunter
whatever....i'm still getting the no xrefs error... don't understand

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo