08-04-2013, 07:57 PM #1
Glenn Quagmire
Vault dweller
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); so i rooted my brothers S3 and put him a custom ROM on to it (paranoidandroid4.2.2) however he didn't like it and wanted to back to the stock ROM, when we tried doing this it caused his phone a soft brick and caused it a boot loop and in Odin3 when we try to flash the stock firmware on to it, it gets stuck in on "NAND WRITE START!" And won't get any there for so i was wondering if anybody knew what i could do or do i need to buy a new motherboard for the phone or a new nand chip if that's possible.. im unsure but need answers :(

Thanks! Smile
08-06-2013, 08:33 PM #2
04jberry
whoo piece of candy!!!
Originally posted by Rimmo1996 View Post
so i rooted my brothers S3 and put him a custom ROM on to it (paranoidandroid4.2.2) however he didn't like it and wanted to back to the stock ROM, when we tried doing this it caused his phone a soft brick and caused it a boot loop and in Odin3 when we try to flash the stock firmware on to it, it gets stuck in on "NAND WRITE START!" And won't get any there for so i was wondering if anybody knew what i could do or do i need to buy a new motherboard for the phone or a new nand chip if that's possible.. im unsure but need answers :(

Thanks! Smile

dunno if this will help
01-07-2014, 02:22 AM #3
Nickolas47
Vault dweller
You can get help from samsung kies this is how i restored my old s3 from boot loop
01-18-2014, 12:52 AM #4
When you flashed the stock firmware from odin did you factory reset your phone?

Try this

1. Factory reset your phone, dalvik and cache. (going into recovery)
2. Use Odin to flash the stock rom

If that does not work try this.

1. Download any rom and copy it to your SD card.
2. Put the sd card in your phone and flash it.
3. Once flashed use your for about 5-10 minutes
4. Open Odin (run as administrator)
5. Go into download mode and plug your phone to your computer
6. Select the stock.tar file
7. Make sure F.Reset time and Auto reboot is checked
8. Click start
9. And it should boot normally, if doesn't go into recovery and factory reset, dalvik and cache.
01-21-2014, 10:33 PM #5
xIDAFG
Banned
Originally posted by ItzKitKat View Post
When you flashed the stock firmware from odin did you factory reset your phone?

Try this

1. Factory reset your phone, dalvik and cache. (going into recovery)
2. Use Odin to flash the stock rom

If that does not work try this.

1. Download any rom and copy it to your SD card.
2. Put the sd card in your phone and flash it.
3. Once flashed use your for about 5-10 minutes
4. Open Odin (run as administrator)
5. Go into download mode and plug your phone to your computer
6. Select the stock.tar file
7. Make sure F.Reset time and Auto reboot is checked
8. Click start
9. And it should boot normally, if doesn't go into recovery and factory reset, dalvik and cache.

Hey, Wich ROM Is Better on This Days Bro? I Have S3 Rooted Happy
01-22-2014, 02:04 AM #6
Originally posted by Sean
Hey, Wich ROM Is Better on This Days Bro? I Have S3 Rooted Happy

Depends. What firmware you're on and the carrier for your phone. If you're on 4.3 I would suggest Unofficial Cyanogen Mod 11, Unofficial Omni ROM or CyanFox. All these rom are 4.4.2+ Kitkat, but they're unofficial, meaning there could be a lot of errors in the ROM. There are 4.3 ROMS but I haven't tried them. I haven't updated my S3 to 4.3 because it would cause to many problems. I am not sure about this but if you flash a ROM lower than 4.3 you might brick it because of the new bootloader that is on 4.3.

Right now I am on 4.2.2 Liquid Smooth 2.9. It is very stable, and have not seen any problems.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo