12-28-2014, 04:35 AM #1
Panda.
You talkin to me?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I've rooted devices before and I loved everything I could do. I recently got a Galaxy S5 and I've wanted to root it but I've been weary of bricking it. I've researched the risks of it but I just want a personal response - is it worth it to root my phone? Also, what are the chances of bricking my phone?
12-28-2014, 07:11 AM #2
ViggyYT
Little One
Originally posted by Panda. View Post
I've rooted devices before and I loved everything I could do. I recently got a Galaxy S5 and I've wanted to root it but I've been weary of bricking it. I've researched the risks of it but I just want a personal response - is it worth it to root my phone? Also, what are the chances of bricking my phone?

It is totally worth rooting, and the brick chances are very low if you know and follow rooting videos correct, but then you can get You must login or register to view this content. and let the tool do all the work Smile, since you've rooted before, you should know the advantages of rooting(Custom ROM's,kernels/kernals,mod games,do cool things, overclock CPU). And as far as the bricking rate/chances.... It depends on the video and i would recommend you reading comments to see some solutions to some problem people came across or use You must login or register to view this content.

The following 2 users say thank you to ViggyYT for this useful post:

lorenz678, Panda.
12-29-2014, 02:58 AM #3
Panda.
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by ViggyYT View Post
It is totally worth rooting, and the brick chances are very low if you know and follow rooting videos correct, but then you can get You must login or register to view this content. and let the tool do all the work Smile, since you've rooted before, you should know the advantages of rooting(Custom ROM's,kernels/kernals,mod games,do cool things, overclock CPU). And as far as the bricking rate/chances.... It depends on the video and i would recommend you reading comments to see some solutions to some problem people came across or use You must login or register to view this content.

I downloaded that application, but it didnt have my version of phone. My phone is 4.4.2
Last edited by Panda. ; 12-29-2014 at 03:22 AM.
12-29-2014, 06:52 AM #4
ViggyYT
Little One
I downloaded that application, but it didnt have my version of phone. My phone is 4.4.2

What version of S5 is it?
Like my S3 is i9300, so what "i" is your S5 or AT&T, Verizon etc?
Last edited by ViggyYT ; 12-29-2014 at 06:54 AM.
12-29-2014, 02:47 PM #5
Panda.
You talkin to me?
What version of S5 is it?
Like my S3 is i9300, so what "i" is your S5 or AT&T, Verizon etc?

I looked in my "about device" and didnt see anything like that. The model number is SM-G900P
12-30-2014, 12:04 AM #6
ViggyYT
Little One
I looked in my "about device" and didnt see anything like that. The model number is SM-G900P

I think thats sprint.
12-30-2014, 07:01 AM #7
Panda.
You talkin to me?
I think thats sprint.

Yes, it is. Do you know any rooting programs to work for it?
12-30-2014, 07:34 AM #8
ViggyYT
Little One
Yes, it is. Do you know any rooting programs to work for it?

Not really, Kingo is the only one i use. Try downloading this app called Xmodgames on Playstore, the app requires root and since you don't have it, it will take to a oneclickroot app(or something but its super easy)

The following user thanked ViggyYT for this useful post:

Panda.
12-30-2014, 07:39 AM #9
Hey buddy. I had a GS5 for sprint and I used this: You must login or register to view this content. and it worked perfectly.

The following user thanked Whats a xbox for this useful post:

Panda.
12-30-2014, 09:56 PM #10
ViggyYT
Little One
Originally posted by Whats
Hey buddy. I had a GS5 for sprint and I used this: You must login or register to view this content. and it worked perfectly.

Yeah towelroot is good.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo