03-14-2015, 04:45 PM #1
LoganC
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Must Have Root Apps

If you haven't already, check out my thread on modding games with and without root You must login or register to view this content..

Okay so you have either just rooted or are looking to root, if your looking to root then checkout this thread You must login or register to view this content.. If you have any questions about rooting feel free to message me and I will do my best to help Smile

Okay so now that your rooted you may be wondering what the best root apps are, I'm going to list them and give you a quick run down on what each of them do. Again if you need more info just message me and I'l do my best to help.

(Some of these apps can be downloaded straight from the Google Store. Also some of the apps come with upgrade-able pro versions, which I wont be covering, i'm only looking at free versions).

Super User (Has an upgrade-able Pro version)

Comes as the stock root app. When you root your phone this is the app you instantly go looking for, checking to make sure your actually rooted, if you fail to find this app then your probably not rooted.

CWM/TWRP (Clockworkmod's ROM Manager/Teamwin Recovery Project)

Both almost the same thing, used for installing a custom recovery onto your phone (Recovery used primarily used to install custom roms). They both function the same way for installing the recovery menu. The only reason I have chosen to list both are that they only work on certain devices, i.e TWRP might work on a device that CWM doesn't support. Both of these can be downloaded off of the Google Store. (Pictures in spoiler below)

Only have a pic of TWRP atm, will get a CWM asap.
You must login or register to view this content.

Titanium Backup (Upgrade-able pro version available)

Titanium Backup is really a must have simply because you can backup up pretty much anything as well as freeze, wipe data, clear cache, uninstall and even convert any app into a system app. The backup works really well simply because say you need to re-install an app from the store you can use Titanium Backup to backup the app which saves all the data, then you can re-install the app reload Titanium Backup and get all of your data back, simple. Titanium Backup can be downloaded off of the Google Store. (Pictures in spoiler below)

Hide my root

Hide my root does what it says on the box, hides your root. Some applications won't run if the detect root, this app solves this problem by uninstalling Super User and all data associated with Super User. This makes all apps running on your device think you no longer have root, which technically you don't have until you re-install Super User and the data again, Luckily Super User can be downloaded off the Google Store. This app can be downloaded off of the Google Store. (Pictures in spoiler below)

Root Cloak

Root cloak works the exact same way as Hide my root, only it doesn't uninstall Super User, All it does is cloak your root, simply run the app then add one of your apps into it to be cloaked making the app think you don't have a rooted device. I would recommend using this over hide my root however some people may prefer hide my root. This app can be downloaded off of the Google Store. (Pictures in spoiler below)

Lucky Patcher

If you have read my game modding guide then you will know what this does, well mostly. It does a lot more than just get you free in app purchases on games. Lucky Patcher can be used to get free in app purchases on apps (not server sided apps), it can also remove advertisements from apps, it can freeze the app (Same as Titanium Backup does), it can remove license verification from apps (basically means that apps you download from the internet that check for a license to make sure you downloaded from the store is no longer there). It can even ODEX apps meaning you will have more internal storage space, aswell as remove all ODEX apps, It can clear the dalvik-cache, block all ads. But one of the best things is it can Install a modified Google Store, meaning everything free off of the Store. It can also do a few other things but that's some of the best bits. This can not be downloaded from the Google Store but instead from the developer website You must login or register to view this content.. (Pictures in spoiler below)

Root Browser (Just want to state that there is many other apps that do the exact same as this, which I will list, but I chose to list this one as its my favorite)

Root Browser does almost exactly what it says, browses the root of your phone. This is very helpful for moving files around your phone. You can access anywhere on your phones as well as edit any file you see. Not much else I can say about this as that is basically what it does. This can be downloaded off of the Google Store. (I would only recommend one app as an alternative, even though there are many, and that is ES File Explorer which can also be downloaded off of the Google Store)

Busybox (Has an upgrade-able pro version)

Literally needed to run a lot of root apps. Not entirely sure what this does, only know that about at least 85% of root apps will ask you to download this in order to run the app. This can be downloaded off of the Google Store.

zANTI 2.2 (Formerly known as dSploit)(Not allowed here due to NGU rules relating to IPS)

That's it for this list, hope this helps and gets some of you new rooted users off to a good start. If you need more info on anything then either reply here or send me a message.

Got any suggestions for apps? Leave a reply below Smile

LoganC
Last edited by LoganC ; 03-18-2015 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Added Images

The following 3 users say thank you to LoganC for this useful post:

Mantus, Perera1919, superaconi
09-08-2015, 12:20 PM #11
LoganC
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by UnboundGodz View Post
Very nice list, i have everything here tears Anyone suggest any good games?

Thanks! Depends on the type of game you like really, RPG? Simulator? Adventure? 1st Person Shooters? I dont play many games other than Contest of Champions, Asphalt 8 and Plague Inc. All good in my opinion.
09-08-2015, 01:57 PM #12
UnboundGodz
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by LoganC View Post
Thanks! Depends on the type of game you like really, RPG? Simulator? Adventure? 1st Person Shooters? I dont play many games other than Contest of Champions, Asphalt 8 and Plague Inc. All good in my opinion.

Ahh i love Plague Inc. idky but its just fun to kill off the world... who knew :3
09-08-2015, 02:29 PM #13
LoganC
Do a barrel roll!
Ahh i love Plague Inc. idky but its just fun to kill off the world... who knew :3

Haha yeah you just get some form of satisfaction killing everyone lol

The following user thanked LoganC for this useful post:

UnboundGodz
09-14-2015, 08:54 PM #14

Even though your technically killing yourself off too xD
09-15-2015, 02:46 AM #15
UnboundGodz
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by TH3D3MONGAM3R View Post
Even though your technically killing yourself off too xD

xD id have it no other way... :3
09-15-2015, 09:47 AM #16
xD id have it no other way... :3

Fair enough Happy
07-02-2016, 07:55 PM #17