Post: GT5 Save Moding Tutorial (Including modding Car Horsepower)
03-01-2013, 12:19 AM #1
Vectriixx
Single Handily destroyed GT5 Online Happy
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi everyone,

Welcome to Vextriixx's first tutorial and the first tutorial of modding GT5! I think it is about time that this method should finally come out (sorry for those who are going to hate me for releasing this but its bound to come out sooner or later and the quicker its released the quicker it will get patched etc) - here I will give you a step by step guide on modding the GT5.0 file within the GT5 save. It is very simple and very little things are required.

Things you will learn about modding ( will update when I find and decide to release new things or someone else has found something) :

• Money
  • A Spec Level
  • B Spec Level
  • Horsepower
  • Ride Height

MORE TO COME SOON (LIST UPDATED 2ND MARCH 2013)

Required Items/Applications:

• FAT32 USB Stick
  • PS3 (Obviously - can be any FW)
  • Aldotools BruteForce
  • A Hex Editor (preferably HxD)
  • Big Endian Tool (not essentially needed but can be helpful to find it just search the forums)

So lets begin. All editing will be done in hex as I believe there is currently no easier way of doing so - well untill some tools are released that is.

[multipage=Decrypting the Save]

This part really doesn't need a page but there are still some people out there who may not be able capable of using a bit of common sense. To do this you are going to need Aldotools BruteForce application (there are other tools you can use to decrypt the save but this is my recommendation). It is simple to use.

You must login or register to view this content.

Here is the basic screen you will get with Aldotools. Just navigate to your selected save you got off the PS3.
Right click on the GT5.0 and press 'Awesome faceecrypt PFD'

Once that is done you should end up with a screen like this:

Now double click the GT5.0 file and it should open up HxD.

[multipage=Changing The Horsepower Multiplier]

Right, I'll jump straight to the part everyone wants to do which is multiplying the base horsepower of the car. It is quite simple, easy and quick to do (you can have your modded car in just a few seconds). The first thing you want to do when HxD opens up is press Ctrl + G this will bring up a goto pop-up box. In the offset box you want to type in 0000E960. Like below.

Now this should take you to a part of the save that looks roughly like this:

From what I know about the save - Polophony Digital (PD) have scrambled the car data across the save. Around this offset is the majority of the car data for the car which is currently being driven. But we are interested in the multiplier - nothing else at the moment. You want to browse around the offsets surrounding this area until you find this (in case the image has gone it is the hex values of 28 00 00 00 64) :

After the 28 is the hex value of the multiplier. This is the only byte that needs changing. Before you start editing I will briefly tell you what this does. As far as I believe this value will multiply the original horsepower of the car before any upgrades etc. were added to it. So for example if you had a car which was originally 100 bhp and changed the hex value to 0A (10 in decimal) this would make the horsepower of the car become 1000. In order to make realistic cars I recommend using the values between 05 - 09. However if you wanted to make a ridiculous car you could change the value after the 28 to FF (255 in decimal) this would now make and 100 bhp car have 25500 bhp. So its just simple maths.

Unmodified car:

Modified car:

And that is simply how to change the horsepower of the car.
NOTE: TO ACHIEVE THE STUPID SPEEDS YOU MUST CHANGE YOUR GEAR RATIOS OTHERWISE YOU WILL PROBABLY STOP ACCELERATING AT A CERTAIN POINT. ALSO SOMETIMES GT5 WILL NOT NOTICE THE CHANGE SO THE GAME MAY NEED TO BE BOOTED TWICE (NOT SURE IF THIS IS FOR EVERYONE OR JUST MY GAME PLAYING UP) AND TO MAKE SURE IT WORKS BEFORE DOING ANYTHING GO INTO THE TUNING SHOP AND JUST PRESS THE X BUTTON AN UPGRADE LIKE 'ENGINE 1' - YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY IT BUT YOU MAY AS WELL ANYWAY.

[multipage=Editing the ride height of your car]

As you may be aware the value we just edited with the multiplier is the key area for where the majority of car data is stored. So it would be no surprise that to find near here that the ride height/suspension of the car is found. Simply just a few bytes away from the multiplier. The ride height consists of two bytes. The first byte controls the front end of the car and the last byte controls the back end of the car so simply mess around with these values you will end up with something looking very interesting. Right so lets get to it.

First of all you just want to do a quick scan around of this offset I told you to look at for horsepower (0000E960) and look for a block of FF (these are the tuned parts fitted to the car) As you can my block of FFs last for 3 whole offsets.

Approximately 3 lines under those FFs you will find to values which are roughly the same (providing you haven't changed the ride height) in my case I have '46 00 46' if you haven't touched the ride height the values should roughly be around this.

As you can see I highlighted the values you are interested in looking at. Simply to make the ride hight smaller you reduce the numbers. I recommend using the calculator on your computer in programmer view to quickly swap between decimal values and hex values.

I want to make a 'slammed car so lets make the ride height very low. Lets change both the 46's (46 is 70 in decimal values) to 06 (06 is 6 in decimal).

Now you have successfully altered the ride height.

[multipage=A and B Spec Level]

Right I have finally got around to updating this thread so here it is A Spec and Spec level. This is a tad different to some of the others as we are going to be searching the save for Big Endian values. In order to do this you must know what your current levels.

First of all on your decrypted save you are going to need to press CRTL + F to bring up the search window. After this has been done - choose the options so it looks like it does below.

Now you are going to put your A or B spec level into the 'search for' (I am currently A Spec Level 20 and B spec 0 in this save), so I will search for that)

Here I searched for a big endian of 20 which is 00 00 00 14 in hex (you can tell when you are at the level bit because both levels will be near each other) no I will search for a big endian of 0 because lots of 0's are in the save I will simply just search for 00 00 00 00 in the hex number.

[img]https://puu.sh/2blqx[IMG]

As you can see in that screenshot the 00 00 00 14 is slightly above the 00 00 00 00. Now we will change them. As you should know the top level in GT5 is level 40 and the big endian value for 40 is 00 00 00 28. You will also notice that the endians are surrounded by 03 - this is a big give away that you're in the correct area. Simply replace those values with 00 00 00 28. As shown in red below.

[IMG]https://puu.sh/2bltJ[/img]

And well now you are level 40 on both A Spec and B Spec - it would interesting to see if anyone wants to experiment and try going above the level 40 and see what happens.

[multipage=Adding Money]

Right now its time for adding money - however there is one downfall for this you can still only go to 20 million; if you go higher I find that it either won't stick and it just resets or you can't buy anything (I have heard people have been successful with this but I'm not sure). Again we are going to be searching for big endian values. So it is important you know the amount of credits you have.
Like what we did with changing the levels bring up the following box using CTRL+F and make it look exactly like my box. In the 'search for' type how many credits you have.

I have exactly 16,560,200 so I'll search for that; the easy thing about credits is you will probably only need to do one search as the endian will only appear once. (Unless your on 0 credits in which case you'll just have to remember the offset at which the credits are stored which is roughly 0000F280 or around that area). Here is where my credits were:

Now the big endian value for 20 million is 01 31 2D 00. So simply just replace your current hex values with that. It should look like so:

And now that is done you have successfully altered the amount of credits you have - again feel free to experiment as experiments are were you make great discoveries!
Last edited by Vectriixx ; 03-03-2013 at 01:04 PM.

The following 78 users say thank you to Vectriixx for this useful post:

-Google-, -Lewis, 192.168.1.1, 4861636B, Alexnicnac, AssClapper-130, B o n e, b4bx, Blah12543, Bounkass, CaliMurda, CARKING0709, deneo24, CITYCOMET, cocacolin, cpt_BanaBender, CrEaTiiOnUNREAL, DANfour20, DAZGANGSTA, Det0x, dr1ft3r, Eddy_J1, evil_ryu, Ewesey2, Forgive, FR0STBYTE, FruStated, GaMeRGiRL_2310, gimmecheese, Gommy, hellvan, Sheldon Cooper, I-HATE-NGU, I'm Original, ibombo, Bichote, jonjo97s, jordanhumphries, Lucas Mace, MadEyeMoody, Madtrevs, Maxmaxmax13, Melo-Cake, meme4567890, MR_M5, Hayden, Oliiver, perrypus, PinKPanther1020, PounDJo0DoGz0r, Pseudo_Soldier, PWW_Commander, Ragadir, RaW_PrOFeSSoR, robber53ftw, robrabbitman, ROYALEFATALE, ryd3r, shadowdemon741, Sheowl, Shots., Sirprizer, skruff, soupie, Oklahomo, spedy1, T33N, tacolover6969, tacom08, TheSentinel, ThreeSixtyyy, timmeigs, TP4myBunghole, TravAU, tuxsavvy, riggstq, xePixTvx, xXtidusFRXx
03-06-2013, 12:11 AM #479
Originally posted by rosckolove View Post
why are you trying to rebuild? You need to decrypt it.

In another guide it said that I had to rebuild before decrypting. I have never seen the option to decrypt so I figured that was the next logical step to figuring out my problem.
Edit: I'm also seeing "Disc Hash Key Hash: FAIL"
03-06-2013, 12:12 AM #480
Originally posted by FacetiousMan View Post
In another guide it said that I had to rebuild before decrypting. I have never seen the option to decrypt so I figured that was the next logical step to figuring out my problem.

Can you give me a link to this other guide?
03-06-2013, 12:15 AM #481
Eat_Ur_Food
Vault dweller
Originally posted by FacetiousMan View Post
Still not working for me, I can't "Rebuild" and it still says that I'm missing the secure_file_id.

You do not need to "Rebuild" that is for something else bruteforce does to your gamesave D= you just need to "Encrypt" PFD for what we are doing here.
03-06-2013, 12:20 AM #482
I just uninstalled and reinstalled BruteForce and still same issue anyway. It simply will not allow me to decrypt.
03-06-2013, 12:36 AM #483
Sheowl
Haxor!
I've tried 3 times now, I've stuck with only editing the horsepower with 0A and I am unsure if I Encrypt the file again or not but I have tried with encrypting and leaving it decrypted, each time I get a corrupt file.
I am buying a new car from dealership and running it on a course, switching cars and going back to the new car to refresh its data and still, corrupt.

EDIT: repeated the process EXCEPT I restarted my PS3 after copying the save file back onto it, works!

made a minor change compared to others but my rideheight is 0A and im at 11k horsepower on a stock S13, gonna make it more realistic with some slamming done to it

EDIT 2: I am having trouble finding out how to drivetrain swap, I'm trying to get a F/R Honda Accord '88 and F/R Preludes, any one want to help with finding the values?
Last edited by Sheowl ; 03-06-2013 at 01:34 AM.
03-06-2013, 12:55 AM #484
Can someone please tell me the offsets for changing the paint on my x1?
I also made it an 8 speed by taking the isf trans (1D 44)
Last edited by jordanhumphries ; 03-06-2013 at 12:57 AM.
03-06-2013, 01:31 AM #485
Does anybody have any word on how to do the powertrain swaps?
03-06-2013, 01:38 AM #486
.......nvm
Last edited by evil_ryu ; 03-06-2013 at 01:40 AM.
03-06-2013, 01:43 AM #487
GD6WRB
Haxor!
so, would i be in trouble if i sent cars that i made? would that be something dangerous to do?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo