Post: Calculating color code for rims and cars also from gt5.0 file
03-18-2013, 02:17 AM #1
Ramanujan
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I put this in another topic, but it also is relevant for other colors.

The location of the paint code for the current selected car can be found here, this is what i am editing:

You must login or register to view this content.

We have been looking for the paint code for cars for some time.
But actualy the game works with the code used for rims and makes the car part up.

lets take this color

Arancia Argos: 019E0 CF0

019E0 is the part for the car body and CF0 is the part for the rims.
059E0 gives the same color.

19E0/2 = CF0

Sometimes car body colors appear in uneven numbers, but this makes the rims return to their standard color.
Even if you use a color code for the last 3 digits.

So 019E1 CF0 gives a standard color rim. The same as 019E0FFF.

If you search in your gt5.x file right after the color name is the paint code for Arancia Argos this is CF0.
So just going through the file gives the rims colors.
Multiplying those with 2 will get you the car colors!
No more need to paint cars in a color to find out the value. :nerd:

Adding 4000/8000/C000 hex gives the different colors available on the rims in gt auto. This is overriden if you paint the rims. Thanks to identiti_crisis who found this.

His post is here: You must login or register to view this content.

Originally posted by crisis View Post

For instance, having a stock painted DC5R with "rim" 1 fitted:
[03FFFFFF, 0, 000000] gives the first wheel choice, the grey RGIIs.
[07FFFFFF, 1, 000001] gives the gold ones in second place.
[0BFFFFFF, 2, 000010] is the chrome ones.
[0FFFFFFF, 3, 000011] is the white ones.

It seems there is this "hidden" extra colour for all wheels, but I've only tested a few and they were all white. Some wheels don't come in white by default, plus it's a kind of "satin" white rather than the matte or gloss whites you get via the paint chips (which is more common on wheels in real life anyway), so it might be useful to someone.

Adding 2000 hex to a car color makes the car the default color again. (Same principle as the rims)

So:

[6 bits for default colors of rims]+[ 1 bit to ignore next]+[CAR color 000-FFF]+[ 1 bit to ignore next]+[RIM color 000-FFF]

:confused::confused:

For people strugling with all the hex numbers here is an easier example to convert between a known paint chip on a car and the one for the rims would be this:

00444 FFF (just made this up, as it is a simple number)

To paint the rims the same color you divide the car part by two.
So 444/2=222

So to paint car and rims the same color enter 00444 222 as the paint code.
Last edited by Ramanujan ; 04-14-2013 at 04:31 AM. Reason: default rim colors added

The following 12 users say thank you to Ramanujan for this useful post:

04jberry, Aventador777, Cotilleo Puro, Eat_Ur_Food, H!ddenFr!end, JK83, jvr, Mk250, PounDJo0DoGz0r, razerman, rocker, slim355
03-18-2013, 08:58 PM #20
Eat_Ur_Food
Vault dweller
Originally posted by TuuBeR View Post
i cant seem to find the rim color value in HxD i know where the car color value is but cant find the rims.. im trying to make two tone rims but if i cant find the value im screwed :impatient:

If you found the car color values the rims are right after it. How are you screwed unless your that other guy posting about how he has two tone rims :ha!:
03-18-2013, 09:03 PM #21
Originally posted by Food View Post
If you found the car color values the rims are right after it. How are you screwed unless your that other guy posting about how he has two tone rims :ha!:

haha no thats not me i just want to prove if its possible:y::y:
03-18-2013, 09:11 PM #22
civicmadhack
Save Point
Originally posted by Bounkass View Post
You have any idea why the Stealth Models are lighter than the original variants? Because they are carbon wrapped. I guess... THINK!

stealth are black m8 have a look not hard to see the zonda r is carbon
fiber not hard to see the difference
03-19-2013, 02:32 AM #23
q-k
Can’t trickshot me!
Ok, finally the time has come for my first posting. Hello everybody.. I think I have already exchanged PMs with some guys on another forum..

Originally posted by Ramanujan View Post
We have been looking for the paint code for cars for some time.
But actualy the game works with the code used for rims and makes the car part up.

Congratulations. You've discovered how to calc the paint code where a lot of other postings here (concerning paint codes) went utterly wrong..

What the adding of 4000 hex does i do not know yet. I can't see any difference.
Adding 2000 hex to a car color makes the car the default color again. (Same principle as the rims)

I might be wrong with this, but just think of the colour code this way:

The value for the rim colour is 3 digits. 0xFFF is reserved for the "default colour". This leads to the conclusion, that colour codes have to be in the range from 0x000 to 0xffe. More like, 0x001 to 0xffe (I haven't seen the 0x000 in wild, yet).

So, there are 4094 unique colour codes (at least for rims). Looking at colour codes in general, I also haven't seen any colour number beeing higher than 3407, which is a Chevrolet "Cyber Metallic".

Simple question: Why should PD implement more body colours (in theory) than rim colours?
My guess: They haven't..

Which leads me to the simple conclusion: Just take the body colour (and now for some assembler mnemonics) ROR it + AND it with a final mask of 0xFFF. As I'm stuck on a little endian machine right now, I can't reproduce if a simple LSR/SHR would be more efficient on this (carry over 'n stuff).

You should be done with the colour value then..

And now in return: :nerd:
Last edited by q-k ; 03-19-2013 at 02:57 AM.
03-19-2013, 04:03 AM #24
SnakeBitteni
Pokemon Trainer
^ ^ ^:think: Wuuuut????:dumb:
03-19-2013, 04:05 AM #25
Ramanujan
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by k View Post

The value for the rim colour is 3 digits. 0xFFF is reserved for the "default colour". This leads to the conclusion, that colour codes have to be in the range from 0x000 to 0xffe. More like, 0x001 to 0xffe (I haven't seen the 0x000 in wild, yet).

So, there are 4094 unique colour codes (at least for rims). Looking at colour codes in general, I also haven't seen any colour number beeing higher than 3407, which is a Chevrolet "Cyber Metallic".

Simple question: Why should PD implement more body colours (in theory) than rim colours?
My guess: They haven't..

Which leads me to the simple conclusion: Just take the body colour (and now for some assembler mnemonics) ROR it + AND it with a final mask of 0xFFF. As I'm stuck on a little endian machine right now, I can't reproduce if a simple LSR/SHR would be more efficient on this (carry over 'n stuff).

You should be done with the colour value then..

And now in return: :nerd:

Somebody who understands what i typed yesterday and doesn't bring it as a new idea. :yawn:
You are very welcome. :y:

Introducing ror/and and other commands in here will not help people understand it. (rotate color code 13 bits to right AND 0xFFF will do the trick, or rotate 6 bits to left, than rotate 19 bits to right only adding 0's for all that falls off)

But splitting the two parts in CARCR RIM for car and rims makes it easier because the car part /2 will be the color code for the rims. Dividing by 2 is much easier than all this rotating stuff. :nerd:

I don't and didn't think there are more colors for the cars than FFF-2 as the bit before that is used to turn the value on or off.
So there simply is no more room used for the car paint as there is used for the rim paint. Both are 12 bits long.
The 6 bits before that are unclear to me, i only noticed GT5 sets the last one of those sometimes wich adds 0x4000 to the car paint part. I think these 6 bits are maybe used to determine if a car gifts a color chip when gifted or some other switches not found yet.

If anybody likes to test this, be my guest.

An easier example to convert between a known paint chip on a car and the one for the rims would be this:

00444 FFF (just made this up)

To paint the rims the same color you divide the car part by two.
So 444/2=222

So to paint car and rims the same color enter 00444 222 as the paint code.
Last edited by Ramanujan ; 03-19-2013 at 05:33 AM.
03-19-2013, 04:18 PM #26
WyldAnimal
Save Point
Great post by the way.:y:

Seems that I too was working on almost the same thing.
I posted yesterday to the Other DLC color thread, about figuring out the Body / Rim colors.

You must login or register to view this content.

After reading your thread. You have very similar information.
I haven't run across the Extra Ox4000000 on my painted cars.
So I can add any input as to what it could be for.
03-19-2013, 05:33 PM #27
q-k
Can’t trickshot me!
The 6 bits before that are unclear to me, i only noticed GT5 sets the last one of those sometimes wich adds 0x4000 to the car paint part. I think these 6 bits are maybe used to determine if a car gifts a color chip when gifted or some other switches not found yet.

If anybody likes to test this, be my guest.

Interesting, I didn't think of the colour chip gifting. I'll try to check it out later. As my PS3 is offline for quite some time now (while I'm still testing and discovering), I'm out for online testing.
But I may also combine the theory with some other stuff I wanted to test. Will report back later..

Yes, maybe the register rotating is going too far. Dividing by 2 is efficient enough..
03-19-2013, 11:33 PM #28
q-k
Can’t trickshot me!
Done with research...

I've tried several gift car tickets containing a SLS AMG. The car was custom-painted in GT-Chrome 006-something (decimal 3221=0x0c95). I've tried the following combinations of the (body) colour code:
0x192a, 0x192b, 0x592a and 0x592b

All of these codes just gave me the car's "original" colour paint chip, like the colour the car was originally bought with (stored somewhere else - and yes, I know where to find it).
I did not check anything else (like painted rims and whatnot)...

I still guess that, masking the body colour with 0xFFF after shifting the value (or in layman's terms: dividing by 2) will lead to the effective body colour (except for the "default colour"). Without any conjunction to the newly gifted paint chip...

*edit* until now, I've extracted more than 2600 unique colour codes and their names out of a variety of savegames found on the internets..
Last edited by q-k ; 03-19-2013 at 11:50 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo