04-30-2014, 09:03 PM #1
SiNiST3R
Samurai Poster
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
GT6 Physics Testing & Analysis

These are Post of Interest

You must login or register to view this content.

Lap Battles

Here are some videos (I can only add 2 so Ill link post where videos are posted when I can)

Last edited by SiNiST3R ; 01-14-2015 at 11:13 PM.

The following 9 users say thank you to SiNiST3R for this useful post:

Jounijkk, kazzbakkisback, nextgole, OdeFinn, P$ycho, policedu, q-k, turbo_nova2l, tyronekfc
04-30-2014, 10:19 PM #2
SiNiST3R
Samurai Poster
ABS-1 The Driving Assist nobody wants to admit is one

Last edited by SiNiST3R ; 06-20-2014 at 10:23 AM.

The following user thanked SiNiST3R for this useful post:

P$ycho
05-01-2014, 02:04 PM #3
SiNiST3R
Samurai Poster
ABS in GT6 eliminates the ability to use "threshold braking" When ABS in real life is installed its only supposed to kick in to stop wheel lock but do nothing until then. Not in GT6 where it modulates braking and stabilizes braking into the corners. A common practice is using ABS-1 then tuning the car for maximum oversteer. The ABS countering and controlling oversteer on entry, then using the oversteer in the set up to rotate at apex. Exit becomes trickey with this set up because being entirely focussed on oversteer that is controlled by ABS on entry, on exit your left with a car prone to, you guessed it, oversteer, so this set up style needs week LSD settings to keep from snapping out and sensitive to power oversteer. Week LSD allows to mash the gas to exit.

Its a common style, I call it "Easy Aggressive" Where the driver brakes into the corners late and hard, high lock at apex, mash the gas on exit. While there is nothing wrong with it, its a beginer style, fluffed with terms like "trail braking" or "late braking" when ABS is doing the work, and allowing the driver to blur the limits and further allows a terrible set up to complete the corner with its flaws masked.
05-04-2014, 08:49 PM #4
FarSideX
I’m too L33T
Thanks for all the tuning posts, it is something I have done mostly by trial and error with the help of a PDF I had found for GT4.
FYI There is a caster value pulled from the data base during a SQL call I caught a view of once but I have not found the stored location yet. If I do that should be adjustable too.
05-04-2014, 10:07 PM #5
SiNiST3R
Samurai Poster
That would be epic. Caster tuning will help many cars like the Yellowbird. I would definitely put that to good use.
05-17-2014, 08:53 PM #6
SiNiST3R
Samurai Poster
CAMBER TESTING VIDEO FINALLY HERE

I was having issues uploading due to video length but its all sorted and uploaded to youtube. Camber vs No Camber testing Featuring the Eibach Pro-Kit for the BMW 1M on a 135i

Camber doing what it should, results in Data Logger are what you expect to see IF camber is simulated correctly inside the limitations of the game.
Last edited by SiNiST3R ; 06-20-2014 at 10:24 AM.

kazzbakkisback
05-19-2014, 04:45 AM #7
SiNiST3R
Samurai Poster
Ahahahaahah look at GTP coming to realize cambers not broken, well aint that a fucking shocker. How they plan on holding this new position without some sort of recognition that they have been wrong for so long and preaching incorrect facts to people who turned to them to learn Id like to see.

I hate people who front from behind a keyboard, way too much "I'm a Tuner" facade over at GTP. Its offensive.

Now like cockroaches scattering they are looking for an out. Trying to find some way to explain why camber seems to be helping now without it working correctly. For a while they justified my faster laps with saying I've reduced grip with camber and sliding more through corners and I for some reason drive fast like this. This after I smoked every time posted in their "FITT" competitions while driving with no assist no ABS, and my personal favorite an Aventador full spec no Assist or ABS smoking Ascari in 2:08.100 and running the Ascari 10lap race with perfectly balanced tire wear.

I am really busting GTP up because the site is the largest active GT community and Its frustrating to be a part of the GT scene and constantly having to help people forget the bullshit they learn at GTP. The "Camber must be broken" is a result of many people reading about the real world tuning scene and with NO experience in the real world scene they misinterpret different articles they read online about the subject. With those misinterpretations they form opinions on how to tune in GT to reflect the real world. The problem is the misinterpretations.

No offence to the computer guys but SOME guys who are smart with computers and programing approach tuning like they would a program they are working on and tuning cars is nothing like programing, its an art and while so may be programing, its completely different to the tuning art. I'm shit with computers but I've been under the hood of cars since 85. I've been modifying cars since then. From bolt on's to internals, I've fully rebuilt engines, done engine swaps, installed and dialled in aftermarket suspensions from coil overs with adjustable shocks, to lowering springs and tower braces. Installed brake kits, clutch upgrades, installed limited slip diffs. Trick mods to eliminate cats while not throwing a CEL. I've helped many get the right parts to get the desired performance over mixed up bag of various parts providing equally mixed results. Many times simple things like replacing a stock waste gate spring with a stiffer spring will net generous performance. I've spent night after night at the track adjusting my car trying to get another 0.1 off my time. I run consistent and usually keep runs inside 0.01.

On the internet you need to always consider the source. While most at GTP present themselves like Tuners, at least most will admit to having no real world experience when you grind them. Unfortunately they still front until you grind them. To those of us with experience its easy to see, BUT the kids and guys trying to use GT as a learning tool they are misslead and its a cancer being spread because GTP is the largest active GT board.

You always have to consider the source, while I'm sure the tech guys will fix my lap top, they will never touch my car Winky Winky
Last edited by SiNiST3R ; 05-19-2014 at 11:49 AM.

The following 4 users say thank you to SiNiST3R for this useful post:

Eat_Ur_Food, Fatpabs, jonjo97s, NtodaD
05-20-2014, 01:34 PM #8
SiNiST3R
Samurai Poster
GTP is so far behind
They are just figuring out about suspension camber gain. Maybe they should of watched this video.

Roll Camber & Camber Gain
Last edited by SiNiST3R ; 06-20-2014 at 10:24 AM.

Eat_Ur_Food
05-23-2014, 03:36 PM #9
SiNiST3R
Samurai Poster
Important factoids

1) tune the car for handling NOT grip

2) when you stiffen anything on one axle, SR, ARB, Damper you are removing grip from that axle.

3) Anybody who says Camber removes/reduces cornering grip doesn't understand points 1 & 2

4) Increasing Spring Rate Push the wheels into the tarmac

5) Increasing ARB tends to make the inside wheel light

6) When tuning the suspension AND differential most often you need to compensate for adjusting one setting by adjusting a few more.

7) roll resistance is the total of SR and ARB front & Rear.

Example a low power FR car has wheel spin but your car is balanced in the corner, what to do??

Lower the ARB and raise the Spring rate. This will keep the roll coupling the same BUT will make the inside tire more planted and capable of putting down the power.

THIS WILL REQUIRE adjusting the differential to get the most out of. High ARB with Low SR will call for a very tight diff, when a low SR and high ARB will respond better to a more open diff set up.

Wheel angles are used to dial in handling, ignoring them is not only stupid, its bad tuning. You will find at GTP most tuners don't do much with wheel angles. This is because they tune one thing at a time and by the time they get to the wheel angles their set up has been step tuned and uncapable of benifiting from wheel angle tuning unless they compromise the poorly tuned SR, ARB, Damps and RH. This won't happen because they always do one thing at a time, so they say the wheel angles must be broken, when its the set up on the car that is what's broken.

Recently some have been starting to realize the Camber's Broken Myth is just that a myth never proven. I think there is more evidence of Big Foot then of what they claim. However they still hold this notion that adding camber removes grip... Funny they don't realize the springs and arb is what is stealing their grip lmfao....
Last edited by SiNiST3R ; 05-23-2014 at 06:02 PM.

The following 5 users say thank you to SiNiST3R for this useful post:

Eat_Ur_Food, FarSideX, JordanCarr, NtodaD, Tetsu_X
05-25-2014, 10:06 AM #10
SiNiST3R
Samurai Poster
Driving Technique is in the Driver

Last edited by SiNiST3R ; 06-20-2014 at 10:25 AM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo