01-16-2017, 05:53 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Is it still possible to play this demo in any way? I'd like to replay the demo to document some things and changes. It has since long expired, as downloading it from the PS Store is possible, yet you cannot launch the game.

Is it possible to perhaps inject the PKG for the demo into a system backup, change the system date, disconnect from the Internet, then play it? I don't remember having to be signed in as a requirement to play the game, but it's been three years so I don't remember.

It would be interesting to see if any of the other time-locked demos can be played as well.
01-16-2017, 06:34 AM #2
Originally posted by Elston87 View Post
Is it still possible to play this demo in any way? I'd like to replay the demo to document some things and changes. It has since long expired, as downloading it from the PS Store is possible, yet you cannot launch the game.

Is it possible to perhaps inject the PKG for the demo into a system backup, change the system date, disconnect from the Internet, then play it? I don't remember having to be signed in as a requirement to play the game, but it's been three years so I don't remember.

It would be interesting to see if any of the other time-locked demos can be played as well.

Was it an only-online game?
02-28-2017, 05:33 PM #3
Mint Sauce
Do a barrel roll!
It's possible. I downloaded a PKG a year or so ago that had the expiration date removed so you could play it.

I think I got it off PS3 ISO
03-07-2017, 02:20 AM #4
q-k
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by Elston87 View Post
I'd like to replay the demo to document some things and changes.

I'd be interested in, what exactly are you trying to document at all?

Originally posted by Mint
It's possible. I downloaded a PKG a year or so ago that had the expiration date removed so you could play it.

Oh, Hola Wax. You're still into GT6?
03-10-2017, 02:55 PM #5
Mint Sauce
Do a barrel roll!
No, although I did take it for a spin a couple of weeks ago, but that was only because I wanted to compare it with Assetto Corsa. While you're about could you do something if you have the time and if it's possible? Change the max RPM of the BMW M4 Coupe from 8000 to 7520rpm to match AC and post the save game data.
04-08-2017, 03:00 PM #6
Originally posted by k View Post
I'd be interested in, what exactly are you trying to document at all?

Apologies for the very late reply.

I'm aiming to create a project similar to one I've created for Gran Turismo 5, where every build of the game is documented in in-depth detail, from very small changes to the most obvious. I've already started a project for Gran Turismo 5. Here's some examples for GT5 You must login or register to view this content. and You must login or register to view this content.. And You must login or register to view this content. is an outline/template.

I have an You must login or register to view this content. for a GT6 project. Since GT Academy 2013 is an early build of GT6, I'd like to examine everything about it and document it. I'd also like to know if there's still a way to play the GT Academy 2012 demo as well as the GT5 Time Trial Challenge.

You still wouldn't happen to have that PKG, would you? Is it OFW friendly much like GTHD Concept is?
Last edited by Elston87 ; 04-08-2017 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Added outline/template link.
05-12-2017, 12:51 AM #7
q-k
Can’t trickshot me!
No, although I did take it for a spin a couple of weeks ago, but that was only because I wanted to compare it with Assetto Corsa. While you're about could you do something if you have the time and if it's possible? Change the max RPM of the BMW M4 Coupe from 8000 to 7520rpm to match AC and post the save game data.

Sorry, but the maximum RPM per car and its particular setup can't be set in the savegame. I would have answered earlier, but some site issues here on NGU prevented me to do so back in march..

Take care, q-k

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo