Post: [TUT - JAILBREAK] How to Data Transfer a Mod Menu from a CFW PS3 to an OFW PS3
07-10-2013, 06:23 PM #1
Gommy
I’m too L33T
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello NGU,

Ive seen a few people ask in the SB today how to data transfer from CFW to OFW, to get a mod menu on OFW to mod online and as ive been transferring alot lately i thought id make a tutorial to help you all out.

Before we start:
YOU NEED TO BE JAILBROKEN TO DO THIS, YOU CANNOT DOWNGRADE WITHOUT AN E3 FLASHER, SO DONT ASK IF YOU CAN GET THIS ON OFW WITHOUT JAILBREAK, BECAUSE THE ANSWER IS NO - THE CLOSEST YOU CAN GET TO MODDING GTA 4 ON OFW WITHOUT JAILBREAK IS RED EYES SAVE EDITOR

Now the Tutorial, There is Written and a video:

Written Tutorial:
1. Load GTA and let it 'Install to the HDD' (If you havent already) and then quit the game.
2. Install multiman if you havent already and open it.
3. Download a mod menu, im using MD 18, But theres plenty out there: Pinkhouse, CJ's etc
4. Download Filezilla and open it
5. Open multiman and get your IP address in the right hand bottom corner and go to filezilla and put the ip into the box at the top that says 'HOST' and click 'QUICKCONNECT' and let it load everything up.
6. Then go to 'hdd0 then game then BLES(What ever your region in this case mine is BLES00229 and then open USRDIR and leave it there
7. Now on the left hand side panel locate the 'update.img' you downloaded and drag and drop that into the 'USRDIR' folder, an overwrite message will come up, just click 'OK' and let it overwrite the old 'Update.img' once its completed and says 'Successful transfers (1)' you can close filezilla and multiman.
8. *Optional* Load GTA and check everything is working.. theres no point transferring if you dont know if you have a menu or not
9. On BOTH PS3'S go to 'Network Settings' and then 'Awesome faceISABLE INTERNET' to make the transfer safer.. and plug the ethernet cable into the back port on both ps3's so they a hooked up together.
10. On the CFW ps3 go to 'Awesome faceata transfer utility' pick the 'FIRST' option and leave it at the screen that says 'OK' (As an option) then go to the 'OFW' ps3 and do the same 'Awesome faceata transfer utility' but pick the 'SECOND' option, but WAIT.. as soon as you click 'X' on the second option, click 'X' on the cfw ps3 controller so they both search at the same time.
11. Now you must accept the data format so the transfer can happen.. then the screen will go black and then give you a transfer bar, like an update.. let that reach 100% after 100% it'll say complete and then click 'X' and done.
12. *NOW YOU MUST* On the OFW ps3, delete every pkg file on it, otherwise Sony can see them and its a high risk of a ban. Then enable internet and sign in. And then enable internet on your CFW and carry on using it like normal.

*Now i really do recommend Disabling your internet before transferring and deleting all the pkgs off of your OFW before enabling your internet on it again*

Links:
Multiman (multiMAN BASE (CEX) - You must login or register to view this content.
Filezilla - You must login or register to view this content.
MD 18 (Open with Start) - You must login or register to view this content.

Video Tutorial:

*Anything you do after transferring im not responsible for, ive been modding for a couple of weeks online on my OFW and havent been banned, it seems Rockstar doesn't care about GTA IV anymore due to GTA V releasing in a couple of months time, but if you get banned it isn't my problem.*

Kind Regards,
Gommy
Last edited by Gommy ; 07-11-2013 at 08:17 PM.

The following 13 users say thank you to Gommy for this useful post:

:HIGH:, Day, $$$ DANGER $$$, Cesei, Maggie Simpson, hatashi, Jalisco123, rolyat, sebsqr, SnaY, Taylors Bish, ygbk12
07-18-2013, 02:48 AM #11
psnrajdeep1
Do a barrel roll!
thanks
07-18-2013, 11:18 AM #12
Gommy
I’m too L33T
Your welcome Smile
07-18-2013, 02:41 PM #13
:HIGH:
You talkin to me?
Nice Thread :y: Good Work

The following 2 users say thank you to :HIGH: for this useful post:

Gommy, iTzScopez
07-18-2013, 03:04 PM #14
Gommy
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by M3RK View Post
Nice Thread :y: Good Work

Thanks mate! Awesome face
07-19-2013, 09:29 AM #15
Awesome, thanks!
07-20-2013, 08:08 AM #16
Gommy
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by hatashi View Post
Awesome, thanks!

Welcome, mate! Smile
07-20-2013, 03:02 PM #17
Gommy
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by Shoes.
Nice gommy, this will help lots of people! Seems like you're learning quick :p Winky Winky

Thanks mate! Yeah ive learn't faster than i thought, thanks to you Winky Winky
07-20-2013, 06:12 PM #18
Citadel
Samurai Poster
You shoul dput it in the first post that It doesn't work on TBOGT from what I'm aware of. I've been trying to get tbogt to be modded for a long time now and doesn't seem to work. Also modded original gta will work on the disc version and the digital one(Just disc takes less time
07-26-2013, 07:42 AM #19
Ali D Killer
The One True Legend
thanks dude, what about DLC bcz i'm trying to mod TBOGT

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo