09-11-2015, 11:52 PM #1
Jimmy
Supreme
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

There have been rumors of PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 no longer getting DLC Updates. Rockstar provided some insight in a recent Q&A.

Originally posted by another user
Q: "We're told this update is skipping PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Have we seen the last of free content updates for the older consoles? Is it that they just can't handle this newer stuff anymore?"

A: "The Freemode Events update will be the first to come to PS4, Xbox One, and PC only. We managed to pack in two years’ worth of free updates onto the older platforms, but after the release of Heists we started to run into some very real memory constraints. We knew moving forward that the game’s online performance could be in jeopardy if we continued to pile in new content. But after some creative programming, we were able to deliver the two-part Ill-Gotten Gains update."

So will we be getting any more DLC on PS3 or Xbox 360? Possibly, but from the sound of it, Rockstar is very limited with space so we can't expect any big DLC, if anything.

Source : You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Jimmy ; 09-11-2015 at 11:55 PM.

The following 6 users say thank you to Jimmy for this useful post:

2much4u, ETERNALDRAGONS, Father Luckeyy, Kryptus, RoRoH_AR, RTE
09-28-2015, 12:31 PM #11
Good job Rockstar people need to upgrade to Next Gen consoles beside PS3,Xbox 360 is old everyone sell your old gen and go buy next Gen.
09-29-2015, 08:19 AM #12
kyfolam
Do a barrel roll!
On the German Website they said there will be no more Updates. They really said UPDATES, not DLC or sth.
As reason they said because the PS3 is too weak for more stuff..
Anyhow I think they will still release an Update. Maybe only some cars and no Missions, but DLC.. i really doubt it
10-02-2015, 11:35 AM #13
Rockstar will not be updating ps3/360 with anymore dlc or patches due to if they do that, they will just black screen.

Meaning nothing.

No guns
No cars
No patches
No missions.
10-05-2015, 11:26 AM #14
SuperiorMods
Little One
I want people to understand ps3/xb360 is already last gen because ps4/xb1 is currently out and is therefore current gen
10-11-2015, 02:48 AM #15
rothwell2014
Bounty hunter
What they mean is there will still be mini updates to patch mods and change offsets etc but no content updates. So expect updates but just to disrupt modders so it does not ruin the online gaming for old gen users completely. If they stopped updating to patch and change things then there would be WW3 in the lobbies 24/7 Enzo
Originally posted by Chop
im sure theres enough space, i had a friend call rockstar on the mic on gta, and the rockstar worker says an i quote "there will be a update for the ps3 just for the modders and hackers" probably a way to get rid of the menus..
10-16-2015, 02:59 AM #16
Triton Bloom
Save Point
Is the DLC worth getting this game?
10-21-2015, 11:55 PM #17
niki201
Climbing up the ladder
Graphics downgrade? Less higher quality audio? Restrict to a few FPS off?
10-23-2015, 09:46 PM #18
dx0091
Haxor!
i think any big dlc will be on ps4 they stop at ps3
10-24-2015, 06:42 PM #19
Paddiwak87
Little One
Originally posted by smoochy1993 View Post
yeah what the fuck is up with that i hardly use god mode and because my psn has hax in it i join a join a lobby and as soon as i see my screen i have forcefield on and objects

No offense, but having "hax" in your psn or "modz" or anything similar is literally asking for trouble... Drack

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo