Post: R* Has Killed 'GTA Online' Updates For PS3 And Xbox 360
09-12-2015, 11:15 PM #1
Alt
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Yesterday, Rockstar You must login or register to view this content. that GTA Online has become their only focus when it comes to providing new content for GTA 5, meaning that story DLC is looking less and less likely as we move further away from the window when it would be relevant. But they’re also looking to cut ties with last-generation consoles completely, as they’ve announced that all future GTA Online updates will not You must login or register to view this content.

That includes pretty major changes like this month’s Freemode Events, which are big public world events where anyone can participate. They will be the first new content not be available for PS3 and 360. Rockstar hasn’t been shy about saying this day was coming, and it seems now is finally the breaking point. Here’s what they said this May:

“As we mentioned previously, we always knew there might be a point where we would reach the technical capacity of what the older generation of consoles can handle as each downloadable update requires additional memory both for assets and for additional scripting. We have continued to optimize the entire game over time in order to squeeze as much memory as we possibly could out of the last-generation hardware and at some point, continuing to add content for those systems could cause the risk of instability to the game overall.”

From a technical perspective, it certainly makes sense. Yesterday, I wrote about how Destiny’s Taken King DLC is so big, it can’t even fit on some old consoles’ hard drives, and Activision is sending out memory sticks to afflicted players as a temporary storage solution.

This is a bit of a different situation though, as it leaves a lot of players behind who bought the game originally on PS3 and 360 before there was even a “remastered” version for next-gen. When Destiny came out, it was available on all four platforms, both PlayStations and both Xboxes. But GTA 5? It was only out on PS3 and 360 for a very, very long time, and only later did PS4, One and PC versions come.

The following 4 users say thank you to Alt for this useful post:

Egzec, Gryphus, iAmDylanJAlvis
09-13-2015, 04:21 AM #2
zAurraa
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by Alt View Post

Yesterday, Rockstar You must login or register to view this content. that GTA Online has become their only focus when it comes to providing new content for GTA 5, meaning that story DLC is looking less and less likely as we move further away from the window when it would be relevant. But they’re also looking to cut ties with last-generation consoles completely, as they’ve announced that all future GTA Online updates will not You must login or register to view this content.

That includes pretty major changes like this month’s Freemode Events, which are big public world events where anyone can participate. They will be the first new content not be available for PS3 and 360. Rockstar hasn’t been shy about saying this day was coming, and it seems now is finally the breaking point. Here’s what they said this May:

“As we mentioned previously, we always knew there might be a point where we would reach the technical capacity of what the older generation of consoles can handle as each downloadable update requires additional memory both for assets and for additional scripting. We have continued to optimize the entire game over time in order to squeeze as much memory as we possibly could out of the last-generation hardware and at some point, continuing to add content for those systems could cause the risk of instability to the game overall.”

From a technical perspective, it certainly makes sense. Yesterday, I wrote about how Destiny’s Taken King DLC is so big, it can’t even fit on some old consoles’ hard drives, and Activision is sending out memory sticks to afflicted players as a temporary storage solution.

This is a bit of a different situation though, as it leaves a lot of players behind who bought the game originally on PS3 and 360 before there was even a “remastered” version for next-gen. When Destiny came out, it was available on all four platforms, both PlayStations and both Xboxes. But GTA 5? It was only out on PS3 and 360 for a very, very long time, and only later did PS4, One and PC versions come.

does that mean gta will be easier to mod?

The following user thanked zAurraa for this useful post:

TMT7
09-13-2015, 01:56 PM #3
they just want us make them richer by buying the game again on next gen smh greedy company and yeah does this mean it would be less to no more bans for gta 5 on ps3 ?
09-13-2015, 01:56 PM #4
Jeanqui
Gym leader
Originally posted by zAurraa View Post

Yes in other words
09-13-2015, 03:56 PM #5
Aepphos
Pokemon Trainer
This certainly sucks, but my main console is PS3, I dont play PS4 online alot, I only play it with my friends that dont have PS3 on it.
09-14-2015, 01:10 AM #6
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
Well i'm thinking now that R* won't be releasing anymore PS3 & 360 DLC besides patches which i'm not even sure will come out anymore unless some massive gamebreaking bug or glitch is found that renders the game unplayable or something like that gets found i would imagine that slowly but surely the GTA bans will decline and it'll be a lot safer to mod on. I can see this time next year the bans dropping to very rare instances but that's just my opinion and take on this news.
09-14-2015, 07:40 AM #7
Dav3s
League Champion
Uhm i think that it's 50% positive and 50% negative as expectations shitty for me, and it will become obsolete as gta 4 lol
Last edited by Dav3s ; 09-14-2015 at 07:42 AM.
09-14-2015, 12:37 PM #8
Maybe later on more stuff won't be able to transfer over.
09-14-2015, 07:33 PM #9
Devious
Treasure hunter
Here comes the modder Happy
Causing chaos once again like Gta4
09-15-2015, 09:57 PM #10
neonninja
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by zAurraa View Post

yes because without patches mods still work and the more mods they discover.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo