12-27-2015, 03:42 AM #1
Tustin
Balls of Steel
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I know this game isn't old enough to have any mods be considered "old school" yet, but fuck it. Since Choco decided to stop by and visit, it made me remember all the cool stuff that was done on GTA when it was still brand new. Nowadays we have these fancy menus, but I wanted to go back and take a look at some of the original stuff that was done with memory editing/early script bypassing.

Garage Editing:

This one was probably my favorite and I remember my reaction when I finally managed to swap vehicles in GTA Online in your garage. This was done the same exact way Dirk's garage editor works, but instead it had to be done manually. I think I remember searching a vehicle hash in memory and eventually finding the one in the garage's structure. I think Renton ended up sharing the method and it got patched (well, kinda).

First ever script bypassing:

This was done after Rockstar ended up patching garage editing. What they did was added a blacklist function that ran through your garage and got rid of any blacklisted hashes. IIRC, you couldn't ever use modded scripts online to begin with, thus a bypass was required. The first method was done by editing a text file in update.rpf that told the game where certain files were located. I remember trying a few separate locations without any luck but then Choco decided to load the script.rpf from a USB slot and viola, it worked! Then Mr. ECB2 released it with his script menu VCA and that's when Rockstar began patching the script bypassing methods.

Choco's Online Editor:

This thing was badass to the max. This was before K&K was even a thing and I believe the only other tool was BadChoicesZ's tool and (maybe) MzTool. It was initially created as a garage editor once the garage editing was figured out, but Choco decided tack shit onto it when he got something to work and it became a clusterfuck of an awesome tool. It also had a Pegasus vehicle replacer which would always freeze me but Choco still claims it worked. He is lying.

Choco's Real Time Vehicle Editor (RPC!):

Remember RPC? That was some cool stuff. Choco had got it to work and decided to make this vehicle editor while I ported MAD GAINZ to a RPC menu. I used to have a video of this menu but my old second channel got shutdown and I no longer have it. I still have the source code of the menu but it would require too much work to get working again. If you don't know what MAD GAINZ was, it was a menu I made which was one of the firsts (I think). It also sucked real bad:

Anyways I just thought it would be neat to revisit some of these old mods and to reminisce old times. Obviously there were a ton of other awesome tools and mods created during these early months of the game, but this was just some of the things we (Choco and I) did that stuck out to me.

What kind of mods/tools did you guys like to use before all these menus became a thing? K&K, MzTool, BadChoicesZ?

The following 32 users say thank you to Tustin for this useful post:

☓-Dani-☓, 045Connection, BadChoicesZ, BrainMurder10, Dan Dactyl, Sabotage, Ghostabrider, IIUniversal, ImPiffHD, JANGLES_582, jdmoney, Jimmy, Kavi Modz, Kryptus, MartinModding, Miccus, MoDz4Gaming, Muffin Boi, Nemesis26oo, o0kiddik0o™, Darth Saul, gopro_2027, RTE, Jon Snow, TheRichSlut, The Dreamer, upgradetoday, Xx_GANG_xX, XxFuk_BoyxX, Yolo Brahs !
12-28-2015, 01:30 AM #11
yeah i was around to
12-28-2015, 05:27 AM #12
The good ol' days :cowboy: very nostalgic. It's a shame everyones gone next gen. Lets see how far our expectations will go with the PS4 edition. The PS4 jailbreak is speculated to be released early 2016 spring.
12-28-2015, 09:35 AM #13
Loes
Lexicon Admin
Miss the old days where you didnt get banned for dropping money, and where you could constantly set million dollar bounties
12-28-2015, 09:19 PM #14
Yes DA good old days.smh.they gone bye bye
12-29-2015, 06:17 AM #15
alrighty then
01-01-2016, 09:10 PM #16
#Dragoss
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by Tustin View Post
I know this game isn't old enough to have any mods be considered "old school" yet, but fuck it. Since Choco decided to stop by and visit, it made me remember all the cool stuff that was done on GTA when it was still brand new. Nowadays we have these fancy menus, but I wanted to go back and take a look at some of the original stuff that was done with memory editing/early script bypassing.

Garage Editing:

This one was probably my favorite and I remember my reaction when I finally managed to swap vehicles in GTA Online in your garage. This was done the same exact way Dirk's garage editor works, but instead it had to be done manually. I think I remember searching a vehicle hash in memory and eventually finding the one in the garage's structure. I think Renton ended up sharing the method and it got patched (well, kinda).

First ever script bypassing:

This was done after Rockstar ended up patching garage editing. What they did was added a blacklist function that ran through your garage and got rid of any blacklisted hashes. IIRC, you couldn't ever use modded scripts online to begin with, thus a bypass was required. The first method was done by editing a text file in update.rpf that told the game where certain files were located. I remember trying a few separate locations without any luck but then Choco decided to load the script.rpf from a USB slot and viola, it worked! Then Mr. ECB2 released it with his script menu VCA and that's when Rockstar began patching the script bypassing methods.

Choco's Online Editor:

This thing was badass to the max. This was before K&K was even a thing and I believe the only other tool was BadChoicesZ's tool and (maybe) MzTool. It was initially created as a garage editor once the garage editing was figured out, but Choco decided tack shit onto it when he got something to work and it became a clusterfuck of an awesome tool. It also had a Pegasus vehicle replacer which would always freeze me but Choco still claims it worked. He is lying.

Choco's Real Time Vehicle Editor (RPC!):

Remember RPC? That was some cool stuff. Choco had got it to work and decided to make this vehicle editor while I ported MAD GAINZ to a RPC menu. I used to have a video of this menu but my old second channel got shutdown and I no longer have it. I still have the source code of the menu but it would require too much work to get working again. If you don't know what MAD GAINZ was, it was a menu I made which was one of the firsts (I think). It also sucked real bad:

Anyways I just thought it would be neat to revisit some of these old mods and to reminisce old times. Obviously there were a ton of other awesome tools and mods created during these early months of the game, but this was just some of the things we (Choco and I) did that stuck out to me.

What kind of mods/tools did you guys like to use before all these menus became a thing? K&K, MzTool, BadChoicesZ?

tustin please tell me the soundtrack name Happy
01-01-2016, 11:23 PM #17
i was there too.i miss knk tool.and mztool.bad choice tool was legend ..the most funny thing was putting millions of dollars of bounties on people
01-03-2016, 04:24 AM #18
ImHaXUnique
Space Ninja
Good old days, bounties were the most fun for me. I remember modding with Bad ChoicesZ tool. It was the best shit you were able to mod gta with, and free. Now all people over do it with menus but oh well things change. Smile
Also back then, waaay less gta v modders, and you would mostly find chill modders not asshole ones.
Last edited by ImHaXUnique ; 01-03-2016 at 07:24 AM.

The following user thanked ImHaXUnique for this useful post:

Dan Dactyl
01-06-2016, 01:05 PM #19
Dan Dactyl
One Among The Fence
This game was the main reason I got into modding. I had so much damn fun in the beginning. It was something that I looked forward to each and every day when I would get off work.

Looking back is a great memory re-cap. I would spend all day checking NGU to see if anything new was released then I would spend all freaking night studying anything associated with PS3 modding to see if I could figure anything out for myself.

The two best memories that I have when it comes to the first few months of GTA O release were as follows:

- Making money lobbies where I robbed stores and used BadChoices $ Multiplier to distribute all the billions to everyone in the lobby. Their reactions were priceless and it was a great feeling to have that "power" as I call it. lol

- Finding new ways to get all the random vehicles from SP to MP then getting them in my garage. This was done by a glitch and was way before R* blacklisted all the cool vehicles from our garages. It was such a great time to get into lobbies and check out everyone's garages because it was like someone always had a cooler vehicle than you then you would have to dupe it off them. This was obviously before I got a CFW but still one of my best memories!

Thanks Tustin for bringing back some cool memories bro! 2013 GTA was badass and us as a modding community have made some great stuff since!

The following 6 users say thank you to Dan Dactyl for this useful post:

BAD_INTENTIONS, Helping-Hand, Kryptus, Norway-_-1999, John, XxFuk_BoyxX

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo