06-06-2016, 12:15 PM #1
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So during the recent Cowen and Company Technology, Media & Telecom Conference, Strauss Zelnick, the CEO of Take-Two Interactive Software has stated that GTA Online was never intended to be a permanent addition to their line-up.

"We do expect GTA Online’s results to moderate because October will be three years since we released it. Not only was it not our intention that GTA Online was permanent, but it’s important that it not be permanent. We have to rest the franchise at some point."

So what do his words mean for the future? Well, to answer the question on everyone’s minds: no, Rockstar won't be pulling DLC support for GTA Online any time soon.Thing is, despite not being permanent, GTA Online is here to stay as long as it is profitable which it currently is.

Question is how long do you think GTA Online will remain popular? What do you hope the next Rockstar game will be?

For more info check out:
You must login or register to view this content.
06-06-2016, 09:47 PM #2
I suppose it's just a matter of it being profitable then. They will probably end support for ps3 servers before the ps4's.

I hope it stays popular, sometimes when playing a game and there aren't too many people on you feel like logging in just to support the player base, although matchmaking is a little harder. GTA V was done so well that it might have a good lifespan. On the other hand if they don't lower the game price so more people can play it then I don't see how their online purchases will continue to be profitable.
06-06-2016, 10:25 PM #3
Default Avatar
Remy

The following user thanked Remy for this useful post:

DoozyXGod
06-07-2016, 04:14 AM #4
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
Originally posted by SpockRocks View Post
I suppose it's just a matter of it being profitable then. They will probably end support for ps3 servers before the ps4's.

I hope it stays popular, sometimes when playing a game and there aren't too many people on you feel like logging in just to support the player base, although matchmaking is a little harder. GTA V was done so well that it might have a good lifespan. On the other hand if they don't lower the game price so more people can play it then I don't see how their online purchases will continue to be profitable.

Yeah i agree man. It's had an amazing run so when it does come to an end it's impact won't be forgotten Smile
06-09-2016, 07:12 PM #5
Wat de fuq is this thread about?
06-11-2016, 04:14 PM #6
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
Originally posted by BAYBORN View Post
Wat de fuq is this thread about?

It's about an article that states that R* isn't going to be supporting GTA Online forever. If you actually read the thread title and the post you would know that Facepalm
06-13-2016, 10:45 AM #7
Mxntas
Haxor!
I think GTA online will be running a long time , think about it .. Gta 4 servers are still going which are only on last gen and don't give rockstar any dlc money , GTA 5 probably racks in a ton of money from all the youtubers and kids buying shark cards
06-15-2016, 05:34 PM #8
Originally posted by xJustJesse View Post
So during the recent Cowen and Company Technology, Media & Telecom Conference, Strauss Zelnick, the CEO of Take-Two Interactive Software has stated that GTA Online was never intended to be a permanent addition to their line-up.

"We do expect GTA Online’s results to moderate because October will be three years since we released it. Not only was it not our intention that GTA Online was permanent, but it’s important that it not be permanent. We have to rest the franchise at some point."

So what do his words mean for the future? Well, to answer the question on everyone’s minds: no, Rockstar won't be pulling DLC support for GTA Online any time soon.Thing is, despite not being permanent, GTA Online is here to stay as long as it is profitable which it currently is.

Question is how long do you think GTA Online will remain popular? What do you hope the next Rockstar game will be?

For more info check out:

Lol I found the thread hoss... because I am a very avid gta fan this post to me is completely fake as I refuse to accept what take two interactive said Smile this shit better stay permanent or ill be making it a very personal matter between me and take 2 interactive Smile
06-15-2016, 05:37 PM #9
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
Originally posted by Manical
Lol I found the thread hoss... because I am a very avid gta fan this post to me is completely fake as I refuse to accept what take two interactive said Smile this shit better stay permanent or ill be making it a very personal matter between me and take 2 interactive Smile

I'm thinking that the GTA Online we have now will eventually shut down but will be brought back maybe as it's own game instead of being a part of the next GTA.
06-15-2016, 05:54 PM #10
Originally posted by xJustJesse View Post
I'm thinking that the GTA Online we have now will eventually shut down but will be brought back maybe as it's own game instead of being a part of the next GTA.

I personally hope they keep gta online like it is and don't proceed to make it it's own seperate game. The GTA series as a whole and online included is a MASTER PIECE to me I personally cant see anything flawed with the series. But then agian im not the one who's a higher up employee for R* or Take 2 to see any statistic or data behind why they would want to eventually no longer support GTA online. :/

All I can hope is that it is not true or doesn't happen. till this day 3 years since the game has been released I still havent grown the slightest tired of it nor do i even anticipate the next gta installement any time soon. It's still got so much more potential and lifespan in my opinion. Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo