06-22-2017, 06:11 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Some GTA V Mods have been shut down by Take-Two Interactive, but OpenIV may have been completely legit. The Modding Community may have come to the end of Modding GTA 5 Online. My thoughts, Rockstar and Take-Two should NOT*Ban any Mods in GTA 5 Online. The online Mods they should BAN are the ABUSIVE Mods/Functions in the Menu's. Rockstar/Take-Two are Banning Mods because they had so much Reports and Complaints about being Abused/Bullied Online with Mods. So GTA 5 Mods are illegal! The Modding Community/People who LOVE Mods on GTA 5 should Save OpenIV. Take-Two has TAKEN DOWN, the Popular Menu's such as LEXICON, MENYOO, SERENDIPITY, Etc! All the money that the Developers made, was sent to CHARITY which is good but we gotta Save OpenIV cause GTA 5 is a Great Game, But there's no NEED to BAN MODDING and making it illegal on GTA 5! If Rockstar/TakeTwo are going to BAN Mods on GTA 5, they should only BAN it Online, and not Story Mode! LET's MAKE MODDING GREAT AGAIN BY SAVING ----> OpenIV <----

If you wanna know more about OpenIV here's a LINK:*You must login or register to view this content.
If you wanna see what's going on with Take-Two about Modding here's a LINK:*You must login or register to view this content.
If you wanna know what Rockstar Respond was here is a LINK:*You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by iTzPeneModz ; 06-22-2017 at 06:16 AM.

The following user thanked iTzPeneModz for this useful post:

ian_
06-22-2017, 01:50 PM #2
There are still free menus that work offline and online.
Keep in mind that PS3 in particular mod menus are paid key activating sprx menus that are taken down.

Free ones that dont require a key or cracked menus, can still be used online with no problems. Yeah it sucks not having Lexicon or Serendipity no more, but give it some time and somebody is going to either leak the code or crack the sprx and release to the public for free.

There are other good paid sprx menus that are still on low radar from Rockstar, so I dont think modding will be going away anytine at least on PS3, until Online on PS3/360 is shut down.

Even if online shuts down, these menus can work on single player so we can still mod no matter what. Its no big deal.
06-22-2017, 04:43 PM #3
Gehirnstaub
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by KiNG
There are still free menus that work offline and online.
Keep in mind that PS3 in particular mod menus are paid key activating sprx menus that are taken down.

Free ones that dont require a key or cracked menus, can still be used online with no problems. Yeah it sucks not having Lexicon or Serendipity no more, but give it some time and somebody is going to either leak the code or crack the sprx and release to the public for free.

There are other good paid sprx menus that are still on low radar from Rockstar, so I dont think modding will be going away anytine at least on PS3, until Online on PS3/360 is shut down.

Even if online shuts down, these menus can work on single player so we can still mod no matter what. Its no big deal.

Would be great from Tustin or Joren if they would release the source or at least a protected version for free. I mean, they made their money with it, but it is kinda sad that I can't even use for example Seren offline.
06-22-2017, 08:26 PM #4
zundappchef
Vault dweller
this aint the first time legal action was taken against the comunity
apperently chromexmods had legal action against his mods
he quit modding completely after that

The following user thanked zundappchef for this useful post:

FrogPap
06-23-2017, 10:03 AM #5
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Vince
You guys must not know how a cease and desist works. They do anything like that, it's legal trouble. Ain't worth it just for some kids to keep modding something they werent supposed to in the first place.

modz plz
06-23-2017, 10:35 PM #6
ian_
Hurah!
Originally posted by iTzPeneModz View Post
Some GTA V Mods have been shut down by Take-Two Interactive, but OpenIV may have been completely legit.

some new news You must login or register to view this content.
06-29-2017, 12:55 AM #7
Rogue_Wolf
Dex Modder/Poke Botter
This is a game, a fantasy world where a computer code runs things. I'd like to know exactly why "mods" of this programming is against the law? You are guaranteed nothing in a game, that in itself it part of the eula. Complaining because someone else figured out how to change the game is playground bullshit. Also, since I paid for my PS3, my gtav etc that means it's mine. Property I may do with as I choose, same as a pair of sunglasses.
Honestly I think it's cause everyone is trying, and in a lot of cases apparently succeeding, in profiting from their work. Which they get 0 dollars from. It's always about the money.
06-29-2017, 01:15 AM #8
Dynamite
Vault dweller
Originally posted by Wolf View Post
This is a game, a fantasy world where a computer code runs things. I'd like to know exactly why "mods" of this programming is against the law? You are guaranteed nothing in a game, that in itself it part of the eula. Complaining because someone else figured out how to change the game is playground bullshit. Also, since I paid for my PS3, my gtav etc that means it's mine. Property I may do with as I choose, same as a pair of sunglasses.
Honestly I think it's cause everyone is trying, and in a lot of cases apparently succeeding, in profiting from their work. Which they get 0 dollars from. It's always about the money.

Modding itself is not illegal. However, sharing mods (especially selling them) is copyright infringement. Rockstar/Take Two has always had the ability to pull out the DMCA claims but haven't really done so until now.
02-28-2018, 05:48 PM #9
tt614
Gobble
Nice hopefully this means the end of paid crap. It's not right to the company or the users. Time for LTS to go mwahahaha
03-02-2018, 03:41 AM #10
B-52
Grunt
Originally posted by tt614 View Post
Nice hopefully this means the end of paid crap. It's not right to the company or the users. Time for LTS to go mwahahaha

Of all the paid menus you want to go. You chose LTS which hasn't and never will add cancerous options to the menu. Smfh.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo