Post: PSA: Research and be extra careful about buying modded accounts
09-01-2017, 02:02 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); The prices have skyrocketed in the past few months and thus some no good idiots are using the opportunity to scam people in the following ways :*
1. Advertise low rate and straight up scam*
2. Sell multiple for low rate, recover and then RESELL
3. advertise high, show proof of account , fake vouches but ultimately scam
4. Sell high and recover.*
Old sellers who have run out of modded accounts use their former rep on unsuspecting buyers for scams. I routinely get users who have been scammed multiple times before they bought.*
Ways to verify accounts:*
1. Social club proof = Sync social club user and stats with the possession of the psn account. In the linked accounts section you can verify the gamertag, always ask for fresh screenshots to confirm modder access.
2. In game proof*
3. Check old seller rep and NEW rep
3rd is the most reliable but REMEMBER : YOU COULD BE THE FIRST VICTIM OF A SCAM AND THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOU LL GET AN ACCOUNT. So it is best you stick to trusted names!*
Last edited by Jon Snow ; 10-26-2017 at 02:44 PM.

The following user thanked Kavi Modz for this useful post:

MR.MCGOO
09-01-2017, 04:23 PM #2
Nice share.
09-01-2017, 04:33 PM #3
Originally posted by Kavi
The prices have skyrocketed in the past few months and thus some no good idiots are using the opportunity to scam people in the following ways :*
Old sellers who have run out of modded accounts use their former rep on unsuspecting buyers for scams. I routinely get users who have been scammed multiple times before they bought.*
1. Social club proof = Sync social club user and stats with the possession of the psn account. In the linked accounts section you can verify the gamertag, always ask for fresh screenshots to confirm modder access.
2. In game proof*
3rd is the most reliable but REMEMBER : YOU COULD BE THE FIRST VICTIM OF A SCAM AND THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOU LL GET AN ACCOUNT. So it is best you stick to trusted names!*

Pretty sure accounts can't be sold on here anyhow.
09-01-2017, 04:37 PM #4
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
The prices have skyrocketed in the past few months and thus some no good idiots are using the opportunity to scam people in the following ways :*
2. In game proof*

Thanks for the heads up, i'm sure it'll really help people out but as Frosty said GTA V Services and service requests aren't allowed here on NGU, hence why there hasn't been a GTA V Services section in months.
09-05-2017, 05:49 PM #5
subplay
I am error
thanks for that
09-05-2017, 11:52 PM #6
Originally posted by Frosty View Post
Pretty sure accounts can't be sold on here anyhow.

but people who frequent these forums frequent other forums too , and will probably be looking around to buy , past lurkers etc.
09-09-2017, 08:52 AM #7
nice idea

The following user thanked akomuhsin for this useful post:

Kavi Modz
09-10-2017, 12:50 PM #8
JokerRey
League Champion
2. In game proof*

Great post.
09-25-2017, 08:07 AM #9
Originally posted by JokerRey View Post
Great post.

thanks Smile
08-08-2018, 10:38 AM #10
Bumping it because I am seeing a spike in sales due to the update Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo