04-19-2015, 08:34 PM #1
Tipton_Modz
Treasure hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Sorry about noob question's New to modding on the pc
What happens if we get banned from a game on steam?
Is it best to mod on a steam game or stand aloan game
would i have to buy Gtav again if i got banned?
04-19-2015, 09:34 PM #2
Rank_One
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Modz View Post
Sorry about noob question's New to modding on the pc
What happens if we get banned from a game on steam?
Is it best to mod on a steam game or stand aloan game
would i have to buy Gtav again if i got banned?

i always wondered the same
04-19-2015, 10:07 PM #3
Modding PC = NO ban
04-19-2015, 10:19 PM #4
Sniqers101
Gym leader
Originally posted by iMoDzF4N4TiK
Modding PC = NO ban

This, no one gets banned on PC lol
04-19-2015, 10:52 PM #5
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by Sniqers101 View Post
This, no one gets banned on PC lol

Actually it's case by case. People do get banned on PC, a lot actually. There are a multitude of factors that play into whether someone gets banned or not. Typically, most Steam games ban people in waves. You also have to consider what you're doing, whether it be blatantly cheating or just modding the game. For the most part you can modify games on Steam and not receive a VAC ban. However, depending on the developer they'll have some form of anti-cheat, like PunkBusters and Fairfight just to name two, which will check the system to see if anything was injected or executed that shouldn't have been.

By and large if you cheat online, especially on PC, you'll eventually get banned. Even if you're renting private cheats.
04-19-2015, 11:15 PM #6
AZX_CS
Keeper
I'm personally staying away from those cheating engine glitches or whatever you call them, considering it could work like CS:GO and have delayed waves of bans. I guess we'll have to wait and see, but for now, it's anyones guess.
04-19-2015, 11:21 PM #7
Sniqers101
Gym leader
Originally posted by Rath
Actually it's case by case. People do get banned on PC, a lot actually. There are a multitude of factors that play into whether someone gets banned or not. Typically, most Steam games ban people in waves. You also have to consider what you're doing, whether it be blatantly cheating or just modding the game. For the most part you can modify games on Steam and not receive a VAC ban. However, depending on the developer they'll have some form of anti-cheat, like PunkBusters and Fairfight just to name two, which will check the system to see if anything was injected or executed that shouldn't have been.

By and large if you cheat online, especially on PC, you'll eventually get banned. Even if you're renting private cheats.

Dude Punk Buster originated on cod 4. That has never stopped anyone from modding the shit out of any game. If they "BAN" you, that means you cannot play that game with your current ip. Punk buster kicks you if you have mods or cheats, that's not banning just so you know lol. I mod and have never been banned yet I see on google, the ones that do get banned are from being reported not a banwave. If their was such thing as a ban wave they'd do it consistently every month... Doesn't happen, never has.

Renting private cheats will eventually get you banned? Find me someone that's got banned from that hahaha. Do you even mod PC games?

This is a thread about banning not being kicked from a server, and reality is 99% of PC modders do not get banned. If this wasn't true, my friends or I would have been banned in the last ten years.
Last edited by Sniqers101 ; 04-19-2015 at 11:28 PM.
04-20-2015, 04:24 AM #8
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by Sniqers101 View Post
Dude Punk Buster originated on cod 4. That has never stopped anyone from modding the shit out of any game. If they "BAN" you, that means you cannot play that game with your current ip. Punk buster kicks you if you have mods or cheats, that's not banning just so you know lol. I mod and have never been banned yet I see on google, the ones that do get banned are from being reported not a banwave. If their was such thing as a ban wave they'd do it consistently every month... Doesn't happen, never has.

Renting private cheats will eventually get you banned? Find me someone that's got banned from that hahaha. Do you even mod PC games?

This is a thread about banning not being kicked from a server, and reality is 99% of PC modders do not get banned. If this wasn't true, my friends or I would have been banned in the last ten years.

I seriously doubt the validity of some of your claims. It sounds as if you haven't even played on PC, much less know anything about anti-cheat. In regards to Punkbusters, it was just to name a few. Aside from that, people have in fact been banned in waves before. VAC recently had a massive ban wave a day or two ago. I believe one of the largest VAC ban waves was back in December. It's proven that private cheats will eventually get you banned. If you looked at some of the e-sport scenes you'd see quite a few pros who've used private cheats that have been banned.
04-20-2015, 02:54 PM #9
Sl3nd3rm4n
Save Point
The Game itself has actual no Anti-Cheat the only thing i found was some references to a function which sends a message to rockstar when you hit more then x million/billion dollars. But since whe dont know whas R* has running on his Servers everthing is possible, so use Hacks at your own Risk or buy a Second Copy of the Game to hack on and the other to play clean.
04-20-2015, 04:06 PM #10
Sniqers101
Gym leader
Originally posted by Rath
I seriously doubt the validity of some of your claims. It sounds as if you haven't even played on PC, much less know anything about anti-cheat. In regards to Punkbusters, it was just to name a few. Aside from that, people have in fact been banned in waves before. VAC recently had a massive ban wave a day or two ago. I believe one of the largest VAC ban waves was back in December. It's proven that private cheats will eventually get you banned. If you looked at some of the e-sport scenes you'd see quite a few pros who've used private cheats that have been banned.

You doubt the validity? Seems like I know a bit more than you Considering you can't seem to comprehend what Punk Buster actually does and that it originated on cod 4. You write "in regards to punkbusters" dude PunkBuster is one program there are no others hahaha. Also You're telling me Punk Buster has something to do with banning? You have no idea if that's what you're saying. Being kicked from a server and being able to join that server then getting kicked again isn't being banned haha. Go learn.

VAC had a ban wave, well done, there's been 2 semi big waves over a year haha. That is far from sufficient enough to keep up with all the modders. What percentage of games on PC ban people? BAN NOT KICK. It Would be under 10%. Name five go on, i could name fifty games that don't.

And the e-sports guys are known that's why they got banned for cheating ahah, You/me/any regular gamer won't get banned from private cheats. Go gain some knowledge because from what it looks like what you think you know is far from reality. I would have been banned at least once in the past ten years if "ban waves" were an ongoing thing and made any impact on the modding community. Guarantee you Rockstar won't ban people and if they do it'll be in 6 months time.

Your lack of knowledge is killing me, you can't debate with someone who clearly knows nothing. Stick to your console.
Last edited by Sniqers101 ; 04-20-2015 at 04:17 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo