Post: Worked Out The Population Of San Andreas On Grand Theft Auto V
02-27-2015, 11:46 PM #1
Alt
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Ever wondered how many people live in Grand Theft Auto V? No, us neither, but someone took the time to work it out and we thought we'd sit down and listen.

Redditor aenemyrums took time out of his day to enlighten us and let us know what the population of San Andreas actually is. So here goes...

"Los Santos in GTA V is about 21 square miles. Los Angeles (the city) is about 503 square miles and has a population of about 3.8 million. Its population density according to Wiki is 8,282 people/square mile.

Assuming Los Santos has approximately the same population density as Los Angeles city, that would mean a population of about (21 * 8,2820) 174,000 people.

This sounds about right; there's a few massive apartment complexes that have thousands of people in them so I would say the earlier estimate of 22-27,000 is too low.

San Andreas has a couple of other small towns (Grapeseed, Sandy Shores, Chumash, Paleto Bay and Harmony). However, these are all tiny villages. Grapeseed is the largest, but I can't imagine it has more than about 2,000 people. The villages and all the various communes/mansions etc. probably give the countryside a combined population of about 10,000.

That would mean a total population of about 184,000 people. This is an incredibly rough estimate; as said below the only way to be sure is to count every house in the game. But it seems about right to me."

So there you go. The population of San Andreas is approximately 184,000 people.

The following user thanked Alt for this useful post:

Ciri
02-28-2015, 01:03 AM #2
MORELOS13
Pokemon Trainer
Gofig 👏
03-04-2015, 09:20 AM #3
Originally posted by Alt View Post

Ever wondered how many people live in Grand Theft Auto V? No, us neither, but someone took the time to work it out and we thought we'd sit down and listen.

Redditor aenemyrums took time out of his day to enlighten us and let us know what the population of San Andreas actually is. So here goes...

"Los Santos in GTA V is about 21 square miles. Los Angeles (the city) is about 503 square miles and has a population of about 3.8 million. Its population density according to Wiki is 8,282 people/square mile.

Assuming Los Santos has approximately the same population density as Los Angeles city, that would mean a population of about (21 * 8,2820) 174,000 people.

This sounds about right; there's a few massive apartment complexes that have thousands of people in them so I would say the earlier estimate of 22-27,000 is too low.

San Andreas has a couple of other small towns (Grapeseed, Sandy Shores, Chumash, Paleto Bay and Harmony). However, these are all tiny villages. Grapeseed is the largest, but I can't imagine it has more than about 2,000 people. The villages and all the various communes/mansions etc. probably give the countryside a combined population of about 10,000.

That would mean a total population of about 184,000 people. This is an incredibly rough estimate; as said below the only way to be sure is to count every house in the game. But it seems about right to me."

So there you go. The population of San Andreas is approximately 184,000 people.

but when i play the population goes down to 1000 Drack

run them all over True story

The following user thanked ⭐ Temp ⭐ for this useful post:

EquakeCSharp
03-05-2015, 05:28 PM #4
dvang82
Bounty hunter
i can say, that i have never wondered this....
03-09-2015, 06:15 AM #5
Goofy effort
03-09-2015, 06:16 AM #6
good effort.*
03-10-2015, 09:51 AM #7
Pwnaggge
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by Sacha
but when i play the population goes down to 1000 Drack

run them all over True story

more like 28 lol

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.