05-16-2008, 04:38 PM #1
Xpert-Sniper
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); THIS WAS FORWARDED FROM NGB...Ill keep u updated if anything interesting shows up!

Befor i start, i want to say that i am no self proclaimed "know it all" i just found a simple way to make a lag switch for cod4 and wanted to share it. It prob has already been know for 10 years, but i see no post on this direct topic.

I have worked on a lag switch for COD4. I have found the cutting the connection of the orange or green wires in the ethernet cables resulted in me losing connection. I tried shorting out the Rx and Tx connections and this also resulted in me losing connection.

This is a at home method that i use. I dont have a video but i will show you online is you just MUST see. But it works ok.

IMPORTANT: This method is so you can use your foot to contorl the switch. This frees your hands to play. This idea can be made into what ever you want just using the basics.

So this is what WORKS:

To make a lag switch for COD4 you will need.

1) 2 Coaxial cables. ONE OF THEM HAS TO HAVE quick disconnect ends (not threaded) This is Very important. And the other needs to be threaded.

2) Tape or very strong adhesive. (I Used Duct Tape)

3) A coaxial cable connector

4) something that pivots """I.E. opens and closes and has a hinge"""( use your imigination, i used the box my jumpercables came out of). It just needs to be durable.

Now to install:::

1) Take the Cable connector and screw it into the cable with threads.

2) Connect the cables.

3) Now get the box or whatever you chose, and adhere or attach the attached cables at the opposite end of the hinge or pivot.

4) If you did this right so far... when you open and close your box, the cables should disconnect and connect smoothly. If the motion is not smooth then you need to adjust the position of the cables ends till it is.

5) You should now have a device that connects and disconnects your cables smoothly.

6) Now to make it hands-free all you have to do is put a strap on the top of the box to slip your foot under so when you raise your foot the cables disconnect and when you push down the cables reconnect.

Note** this lag switch cuts the outgoing and incoming packets, meaning that you and they lag. This switch is mainly used by me to jump from room to room unnoticed and avoid snipers. Depending on your connection, the switch will work from 3 sec to 25 sec.
05-16-2008, 05:16 PM #2
gops10
Climbing up the ladder
nice man great tut
06-01-2008, 03:12 PM #3
thats pretty cool
06-05-2008, 12:19 AM #4
Surikizu
GUMI fanboy
awesome yo great find
06-05-2008, 01:18 AM #5
umm i think the vids would be better and there is already a tut for that in the genral discussion section its a sticky

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo