07-21-2010, 04:40 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); What is up everyone?
Well earlier yesterday I purchased a hosting service from Byet Host. It was absolute crap! I should of known to read reviews about the site first but i didn't haha. Well anyways I requested a refund and the first support guy said he would give me a refund if I gave him just some basic details so I was like sure ok. Then the next guy that replied said it was against their terms and conditions to give away refunds! WTF? First guy said they could second guy said they couldn't??

This really pissed me off because I wasn't just going to lose $40 just like that! So sent another complaint message threatening them to give me back my refund...here is the whole conversation between me and the company: :p

ME:

Hello,
I purchased the yearly standard hosting package this morning but have realized that it was not what I was looking for. I would like to file a refund for my purchase.
My paypal email is: **Censored**

Thanks,
Austin

THEM:

July 20, 2010, 8:24 pm (GMT) Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you wish to cancel your premium hosting account with us and we want you to know that we are absolutely dedicated to providing you the best in hosting and customer service.

If you would be so kind as to tell us if you were encountering issues or otherwise having difficulty with our services, we would be glad to assist you and trying to make things right for you and your needs. For instance, if you've had issues with the environment perhaps we could suggest a better hosting environment for you and your viewer needs.

We do hope you will give us the chance to make things right and tell us what has made you decide to cancel your account with our services.

In order to process your closure request if this is indeed your intent, please provide us with the website control panel (cPanel) username or the VPS IP and SSH login information, the last paid invoice number and verify you have any and all necessary backups of your account files and data.

Regards,
Support

PS: Remember, if you paid via subscription, cancel the subscription directly afterward to prevent automatic payments. 1

ME:

July 20, 2010, 9:37 pm (GMT) Hi,
No I loved your hosting I just don't want to run a website. I think you guys have a great webhosting site and have great deals for the prices you give. I just feel like I don't want to start a website at this moment.

My Cpanel info:
username: mypennyb
password: **Censored**

Paid Invoice Number: **Censored**

Thanks,
Austin

THEM:

July 21, 2010, 6:40 am (GMT) hello

please see our refund policy here;

You must login or register to view this content.
-----------------------------------
Refund Policy.

Refunds are issued at the sole discretion of Byet Internet. Byet Internet reserves the right not to issue a refund. Customer agrees that hosting payments are NONREFUNDABLE. For example, if Customer submits payment for twelve (12) months of service, service will be provided for twelve (12) months and will not be refunded if customer chooses to discontinue service with Byet mid-way through the term. Payments which are deemed to be fraud which can be verfied and certain to be fraud are elligable to a refund, subject to the terms and conditions of the payment provider such as PayPal or 2Checkout.
---------------------------------

regards

After I read this as I said I was pissed so I opened a new ticket hoping to talk to someone else and this is what I got Happy

ME:
Hi,

Yesterday I requested a refund in your customer service/ support area. They said they would give me one if I gave them some information so I did. But then someone from support responded today and said they can't issue me a refund?!! I must say I am every disappointed. I bought the hosting for a friend of mine because he said he wanted to start a website and I was going to get him started. I read reviews that you were a good host but apparently not! Any webhosting service should issue a refund if the customer is not satisfied. I liked your service but my friend changed his mind about have a website so I would like to get my money back please! I have a very popular website that reviews other webhosting sites I use, it gets over 500,000 hits a day and if I don't get a refund I WILL give this site a horrible review! I don't want to do that but if I need to I will. If I get a refund of course I will give a positive review as your customer service and support is very understanding.

My Cpanel Info:

username: mypennb
Password: **Censored**

Paid invoice number: **Censored**

paypal email: **Censored**

Thanks for understanding,

Austin

THEM:

support agent
July 21, 2010, 3:50 pm (GMT) Hi there,

Sorry for any misunderstanding, because your hosting was newly created we were able to issue you a full refund even though it has cost us fees in registering your domain:

Name: Austin Gardner
Email **Censored**
Transaction ID **Censored**
Original payment $35.88 USD
Amount Refunded by Seller $34.18 USD
Fees Refunded by PayPal $1.70 USD
Total Refund Amount $35.88 USD

Please do consider us again if you need hosting!

Best regards

SUCCESS! :evil:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo