09-04-2010, 02:22 PM #1
xodras
Bwahahaha.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So i'm being constantly messaged on something on my task manager saying im being attacked, and i cant go and get any good anti virus stuff, so could anyone tell me a good anti-virus program? its bugging me.
09-04-2010, 02:26 PM #2
ToeMold
Wait...what?
In my opinion, Avast home edition is the best free AV out there.

If you're looking to buy your AV, Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 it is the best for me.

Also, I would try running a Malware scan (Free program = Malware bytes) and a spyware scan (Free program = Spybot search and destroy).

//AC
09-04-2010, 02:27 PM #3
if your willing to purchase, get norton 360 security, its only like £34.99 maybe cheaper, could get from like PC world, or currys. etc
09-04-2010, 02:40 PM #4
How come no-one likes Norton?Eek
09-04-2010, 02:49 PM #5
ToeMold
Wait...what?
[quote='[F]ried [R]ice;1598268']How come no-one likes Norton?Eek[/quote]

I bought a Norton 360 CD with three installs two years ago, and within the first month I knew I made a mistake.

I had a rouge program on my PC that I never knew about, yet after two weeks Norton 360 never picked it up despite the numerous scans I ran. It was sending some of my data to external sources unauthorised.

So I disabled it and installed Avast, which detected it and removed it.

If Norton can't do its primary job of detecting and removing viruses and blocking unauthorised connections, then it's not worth the money. Not to mention it was very laggy.

It's overall a really bad view for me, although it looked good and was recommended, it's all talk and no deliver.

//AC

The following user thanked ToeMold for this useful post:

[F]ried [R]ice
09-04-2010, 02:52 PM #6
Originally posted by Awesomechaos View Post
I bought a Norton 360 CD with three installs two years ago, and within the first month I knew I made a mistake.

I had a rouge program on my PC that I never knew about, yet after two weeks Norton 360 never picked it up despite the numerous scans I ran. It was sending some of my data to external sources unauthorised.

So I disabled it and installed Avast, which detected it and removed it.

If Norton can't do its primary job of detecting and removing viruses and blocking unauthorised connections, then it's not worth the money. Not to mention it was very laggy.

It's overall a really bad view for me, although it looked good and was recommended, it's all talk and no deliver.

//AC

I'll pick Kaspersky then, next time when I need to update. Winky Winky
09-04-2010, 02:55 PM #7
ToeMold
Wait...what?
[quote='[F]ried [R]ice;1598309']I'll pick Kaspersky then, next time when I need to update. Winky Winky[/quote]

Welcome to the good side :bro:

There is nothing that it won't pick up, it's got a great DUI and it's really fast working. I love it so much man Smile

//AC
09-04-2010, 02:57 PM #8
There's like 100 days left on my Norton AV. So I have to wait a little bit, O well.
09-04-2010, 03:19 PM #9
I think this is the best IMO.

You must login or register to view this content.

Download the installer then download box, mara-fix 1.3. It will fix your trial days on 31 days.
09-04-2010, 03:20 PM #10
jayech
Can’t trickshot me!
hmm get a good Virus scanner that Destroy's Viruses That would help alot Happy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo