03-08-2011, 01:03 AM #1
Curt
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ok so I pay for 50mb speed and I get that wired, I phoned my broadband company up and they said they can't do anything, they provided us with a new router and we only get around 25mb is there a way to fix this? cos' i dont wanna go wired.......

You must login or register to view this content.
theres a picture,
Last edited by Curt ; 03-08-2011 at 01:08 AM.
03-08-2011, 03:03 AM #2
iOrochimaru
Immortality Technique
Originally posted by Curtt View Post
Ok so I pay for 50mb speed and I get that wired, I phoned my broadband company up and they said they can't do anything, they provided us with a new router and we only get around 25mb is there a way to fix this? cos' i dont wanna go wired.......

theres a picture,

maybe its the router because you should get the maximum speed out of the router because you can't make a ferrari go fast with medium tires.
03-08-2011, 06:53 PM #3
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Curtt View Post
Ok so I pay for 50mb speed and I get that wired, I phoned my broadband company up and they said they can't do anything, they provided us with a new router and we only get around 25mb is there a way to fix this? cos' i dont wanna go wired.......

theres a picture,

You won't see that on wireless, simple as that, there are too many variables that are in place that will lead to it slowing down.

1. Location of the router
2. Location of your pc (be suprised what just a few walls can do to the strength of a signal)
3. Signal strength (even though you may have full bars)
4. What type of architecture is it using g/b or n. And if it's N do you have matching hardware on the pc.

There's alot more that can be affecting it, but those are just the few that I had to deal with when I switched this pc to wireless
If you want the full 50 you are gonna have to go wired
03-08-2011, 07:00 PM #4
andge12
Gym leader
Probably just location
03-27-2011, 12:03 AM #5
Curt
Former Staff
Who nominated my thread lol :S

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

I solved the problem btw thanks guys for your help.
03-28-2011, 06:26 PM #6
vSaBoTeuR x
< ^ > < ^ >
Holy ****ing ****.

You're complaining because you've got a 50mb/s subscription with your ISP and get only 29.95mb/s. Dude, we only get ****ing 4mb/s in Belgium, even when we ping to the local ADSL-station 5 miles ahead from our village.

WTF.
03-28-2011, 06:52 PM #7
Originally posted by Curt View Post

theres a picture,

You mean like mine:You must login or register to view this content.

Joking this is my real connection :y:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo