03-08-2011, 10:26 PM #1
Curt
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello, guys. First off I am making this tutorial to help you change your ip address (Only if you have Dynamic IP) for a number of purposes and this does not change your computers ip address this changes your main ip address, say for example you go to You must login or register to view this content. it will show your modem's ip address and that is what gets banned when you get banned from a forum or if someone gets your ip and if you didn't know this, ip means (internet protocol) so this is what were going to change!, anyway enough of me going on.... just simply follow the steps below and it will change!

1st) go too www.Routerlogin.com the user name should be Admin and password should be password if not then on the bottom of your router it will tell you, on the White sticker looks like this : You must login or register to view this content.

2nd) After you have typed your User name and password, it will come up with your wireless router's home screen! it should look a little like this :
You must login or register to view this content.

3rd) if you have netgear (like myself) you need to scroll down and then go too where it sais : Mac address, (i know if you have a different router maker, you will have to click around stuff to find this) Also dont worry this wont harm your router!. when you have found the mac address part it will then have numbers and letters like this : 00:23:52:25:18:12, you can change the numbers and leters to anything you like but keep it within 12 Letters/numbers and you NEED to take the dots out!.

4th) (where almost done!) when you have chosen what numbers/letters you want as your Mac address, on NETGEAR and maybe others it will say : USE THIS MAC ADDRESS! make sure that box is ticked/marked or whatever, after you have done this you need to click APPLY after the proccessing has done, RESET YOUR MODEM AND ROUTER
and then your mac address you put will be in that box and also your ip address would be changed for good!

This does work as long as you complete all the steps above, It looks long but its not, this is entirely my thread and created from scratch.
Do NOT abuse this

The following 14 users say thank you to Curt for this useful post:

_Daz_, --Ben-, Azie, Drake, I Like Turtles, Lydey, Omniplasma, Resumer, RZRs_Edge, spf357, Tony_xMUFCx, xGunz, xIAmSchwem
03-08-2011, 11:04 PM #2
Default Avatar
Nate
Good Thread =D . See ya in SB
03-08-2011, 11:05 PM #3
Ip addresses are assign by your ISP, u can only change your DCHP ip, which doesn't matter. :n:
03-08-2011, 11:07 PM #4
Curt
Former Staff
Originally posted by iiSuPerBaD View Post
Ip addresses are assign by your ISP, u can only change your DCHP ip, which doesn't matter. :n:

That's were your wrong bro. If you change your mac it automatically changes your IP, your mac address is something that's provided with your router... . Iv'e done this multiple times cos' i need to :black:

The following 2 users say thank you to Curt for this useful post:

Drake, I Like Turtles
03-08-2011, 11:12 PM #5
Originally posted by Curtt View Post
That's were your wrong bro. If you change your mac it automatically changes your IP, your mac address is something that's provided with your router... . Iv'e done this multiple times cos' i need to :black:

u probably have att DSL or some shit like that. home phone ISP

if u have comcast it doesnt let you.

The following user thanked iiSuPerBaD for this useful post:

03-09-2011, 02:23 PM #6
jordan1985
I am error
Originally posted by iiSuPerBaD View Post
u probably have att DSL or some shit like that. home phone ISP

if u have comcast it doesnt let you.

with all due respect son, you aint from england so how would you know how our isp's work?
also, your rep is awful, why would anyone heed your advice?
in short, piss off!:dingding:

and your a glory huntin septic manc! no way back from that son .....
03-09-2011, 02:29 PM #7
NyanCat
trololo
Or you could: Unplug your router, wait 5 minutes then plug it in. That works with most ISPs.
03-12-2011, 01:03 AM #8
Originally posted by jordan1985 View Post
with all due respect son, you aint from england so how would you know how our isp's work?
also, your rep is awful, why would anyone heed your advice?
in short, piss off!:dingding:

and your a glory huntin septic manc! no way back from that son .....

No disrespect kid but I am from England and here is a little tip for you. The MAC address of your modem is CHECKED each time you connect to the exchange (if your with BT or another DSL provider this would be the telephone exchange) and your MAC address tells your modem what package you are on (Virgin: Small, Medium, Large or Extra Large). Once you have been assigned your package type you are also assigned your IP address to use, the only way to change your IP address is to SPOOF the MAC address of another device on a higher package with the same supplier, but in doing this you can expect to have a new boyfriend in a couple of weeks.
Last edited by TheOsel ; 03-12-2011 at 01:07 AM.

The following user thanked TheOsel for this useful post:

IVThaKiller
03-12-2011, 01:33 AM #9
jordan1985
I am error
Originally posted by aNut View Post
No disrespect kid but I am from England and here is a little tip for you. The MAC address of your modem is CHECKED each time you connect to the exchange (if your with BT or another DSL provider this would be the telephone exchange) and your MAC address tells your modem what package you are on (Virgin: Small, Medium, Large or Extra Large). Once you have been assigned your package type you are also assigned your IP address to use, the only way to change your IP address is to SPOOF the MAC address of another device on a higher package with the same supplier, but in doing this you can expect to have a new boyfriend in a couple of weeks.

Claps point taken sir, but it is possible as you know, though i understand the consequences are rather dire.
03-12-2011, 01:25 PM #10
Originally posted by jordan1985 View Post
Claps point taken sir, but it is possible as you know, though i understand the consequences are rather dire.

There only dire as it is theft, you are using a service that someone else has paid for. :black:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo