04-27-2016, 08:06 PM #1
Kieron
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Spotify uses adverts in the form of banners and video adverts in its free program, you can either upgrade to premium which is £9.99/month after the initial 30 day free trial or you can remove the adverts by blocking spotify from being able to advertise through the application. If you block advertising then you will be preventing Spotify from getting revenue through adverts, if you care about that then don't follow this tutorial... if you don't care then follow this tutorial. I'm pretty sure there is other ways to block adverts on Spotify but this is the one I'm posting, so yeah...

Open up File Manager and Copy and paste C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc into the address bar (/private/etc/hosts on MAC) and locate the file called hosts.

Open the file with a text editing program like notepad.

Copy and paste this text; to the bottom of the file.
0.0.0.0 pubads.g.doubleclick.net
0.0.0.0 securepubads.g.doubleclick.net

Now "Save" the file, if you can't modify the file make sure you give yourself permissions by right clicking the file and clicking properties.

If done right all banners and video adverts will now no longer appear on Spotify.

Enjoy You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked Kieron for this useful post:

Ethen
04-27-2016, 09:17 PM #2
Ethen
Banned
Originally posted by Kieron View Post

Spotify uses adverts in the form of banners and video adverts in its free program, you can either upgrade to premium which is £9.99/month after the initial 30 day free trial or you can remove the adverts by blocking spotify from being able to advertise through the application. If you block advertising then you will be preventing Spotify from getting revenue through adverts, if you care about that then don't follow this tutorial... if you don't care then follow this tutorial. I'm pretty sure there is other ways to block adverts on Spotify but this is the one I'm posting, so yeah...

Open up File Manager and Copy and paste C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc into the address bar (/private/etc/hosts on MAC) and locate the file called hosts.

Open the file with a text editing program like notepad.

Copy and paste this text; to the bottom of the file.
0.0.0.0 pubads.g.doubleclick.net
0.0.0.0 securepubads.g.doubleclick.net

Now "Save" the file, if you can't modify the file make sure you give yourself permissions by right clicking the file and clicking properties.

If done right all banners and video adverts will now no longer appear on Spotify.

Enjoy You must login or register to view this content.

This is a great tutorial! I can confirm that this is working. Nice thread!
04-28-2016, 07:44 AM #3
Kieron
Former Staff
Originally posted by Ythen View Post
This is a great tutorial! I can confirm that this is working. Nice thread!

Thank you Smile
04-16-2020, 08:53 AM #4
I used spotify when I had a lot of ads annoying me. But when I downloaded the You must login or register to view this content. without ads, I was very pleased
Last edited by Normanllo ; 04-17-2020 at 04:23 AM.
07-31-2020, 10:45 AM #5
Alt
Banned
thanks..

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo