03-25-2017, 02:09 PM #1
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.
"A port forward is a way of making a computer on your home or business network accessible to computers on the internet, even though they are behind a router. It is commonly used in gaming, security camera setup, voice over IP, and downloading files. After you have forwarded a port you are said to have an open port."

To keep it short & sweet I've seen a few threads where people were asking how to forward or "open" their ports so I figured I would share this site which I've always used to forward my ports. You'll find it has a pretty nice list of routers as well as plenty of easy to follow setup guides so hopefully others will find it to be just as handy as I have.

The following 2 users say thank you to OfficialJesseP for this useful post:

Father Luckeyy, WhyUMadKid
03-25-2017, 02:39 PM #2
Father Luckeyy
Retired - Lead Content Manager
Originally posted by xJustJesse View Post
"A port forward is a way of making a computer on your home or business network accessible to computers on the internet, even though they are behind a router. It is commonly used in gaming, security camera setup, voice over IP, and downloading files. After you have forwarded a port you are said to have an open port."

To keep it short & sweet I've seen a few threads where people were asking how to forward or "open" their ports so I figured I would share this site which I've always used to forward my ports. You'll find it has a pretty nice list of routers as well as plenty of easy to follow setup guides so hopefully others will find it to be just as handy as I have.

Nice post xJustJesse Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo