Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
THREAD: Hello Fellow NGU Members
  1. 01-10-2017, 03:13 AM
    NextGenUpdate
    My name is Daryl. I love this site and think it's one of the best sites ever and im glad to be apart of it. I am going to be here for a while. Also i am waiting to receive my E3 Nor Flasher which will be between Jan 18-Feb 6th and if someone would be kind enough to please let me know what the best CFW would be to put on my system i would greatly appreciate it.Thank you for your time and have a nice day.Oh yeah my PS3 Model is a CECH-2501B so i dont know if that will make a difference in the CFW.
  2. 01-10-2017, 03:38 AM
    Frosty
    Olaf The Snowman
    Frosty
    Olaf The Snowman
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by SHAGGY2DOP3_ View Post
    My name is Daryl. I love this site and think it's one of the best sites ever and im glad to be apart of it. I am going to be here for a while. Also i am waiting to receive my E3 Nor Flasher which will be between Jan 18-Feb 6th and if someone would be kind enough to please let me know what the best CFW would be to put on my system i would greatly appreciate it.Thank you for your time and have a nice day.Oh yeah my PS3 Model is a CECH-2501B so i dont know if that will make a difference in the CFW.
    As long as it can be downgraded to 3.55, the model won't make a difference. If it can't go that low, you'll have to invest in ODE.
  3. 01-10-2017, 07:39 AM
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    As long as it can be downgraded to 3.55, the model won't make a difference. If it can't go that low, you'll have to invest in ODE.
    Yeah i checked it and i can go down to 3.54 i do believe. Would the CFW have to be any where near 4.81 for me to play online?
  4. 01-10-2017, 07:43 AM
    Frosty
    Olaf The Snowman
    Frosty
    Olaf The Snowman
    NextGenUpdate
    Yeah i checked it and i can go down to 3.54 i do believe. Would the CFW have to be any where near 4.81 for me to play online?
    You can play online on any cfw...you'd just need a spoofer if you're below 4.81
  5. 01-10-2017, 07:48 AM
    NextGenUpdate
    You can play online on any cfw...you'd just need a spoofer if you're below 4.81
    Ok im just trying to get all my research in before my E3 gets here so i have everything ready to go cause ive got all my menu's ready for COD and BF and everything else i need for my E3
  6. 01-10-2017, 08:02 AM
    Sparrow
    Majestic
    Sparrow
    Majestic
    NextGenUpdate
    Hi Welcome to NGU Hope to be hearing more from you soon then.

I'd go for 4.76 or 4.80 rebug personally as 4.81 doesn't yet support CCAPI

There's a thread with all useful tools and firmware's over in the PS3 modding section, I believe that it has been stickied. Might be a good starting point.
  7. 01-10-2017, 08:14 AM
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    Hi Welcome to NGU Hope to be hearing more from you soon then.

I'd go for 4.76 or 4.80 rebug personally as 4.81 doesn't yet support CCAPI

There's a thread with all useful tools and firmware's over in the PS3 modding section, I believe that it has been stickied. Might be a good starting point.
    Thank you for the direction and once i start modding you will be hearing from me alot more lol. I am going to be CEX so i think 4.76 sounds good to me.
  8. 01-10-2017, 08:20 AM
    Frosty
    Olaf The Snowman
    Frosty
    Olaf The Snowman
    NextGenUpdate
    Thank you for the direction and once i start modding you will be hearing from me alot more lol. I am going to be CEX so i think 4.76 sounds good to me.
    DEX is nice though, since you can use any save without resigning.
  9. 01-10-2017, 08:26 AM
    NextGenUpdate
    DEX is nice though, since you can use any save without resigning.
    Does it take alot to convert to DEX? I just want to do whatever will be easier for me cause some of it seems very complicated. I just want to keep from getting CID banned
  10. 01-10-2017, 09:24 AM
    Sparrow
    Majestic
    Sparrow
    Majestic
    NextGenUpdate
    Does it take alot to convert to DEX? I just want to do whatever will be easier for me cause some of it seems very complicated. I just want to keep from getting CID banned
    Pow! Tutorial Pretty straight forward, any questions don't be afraid to ask when the time comes

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparrow For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last