02-04-2013, 10:29 PM #1
Hawk
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Old Method! Links may not work, however adding tweaks etc with this method will still work

Intro:

With the new iOS 6 Jailbreak that was released today, Cydia, and all of the popular repo's are flooded with traffic causing them to shoot out error after error, and be extremely slow.

An alternative I have found, is doing what Cydia does, manually (and no, it is not complicated)

What you need:

A Computer
USB cable for your iOS Device
A Brain
iFunBox: You must login or register to view this content.
iFile DEB: You must login or register to view this content.

Tutorial:

1. Download iFunbox >> (You must login or register to view this content.) Windows , or Cyberduck for MacOS
  2. Download desired (.deb) file to your desktop
  3. Run iFunbox and connect your iOS (iPhone, iPod or iPad)
  4. iFunBox will show your device contents, Now navigate to var/root/Media/
  5. Create the folder Cydia/AutoInstall (if not already created)
  6. Move (.deb) file from your desktop to var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall
  7. Reboot your iOS
  8. YOU ARE DONE

Now install any other deb files like this (Safer):

Step 1: From Safari on your jailbroken iPhone, look for a website where you can download .deb files from. There are plenty of them, You must login or register to view this content., so finding the app or tool you need won’t be a problem. Google is your friend.

Step 2: Once you find the .deb file you want, download it and tap on the Open in “iFile” button that appears at the top of the screen.

Step 3: On the next screen, tap on Installer to install the .deb file.

You are all set! In some cases, you might need to restart your iPhone or iOS device for your new app or tool to show up.
In addition to the convenience they offer, . deb files can also be easily uninstalled right from Cydia since these installed apps behave like any others that you might have downloaded and installed via Cydia. Even better: You can also use Cydia to You must login or register to view this content. on those apps.

If you have any questions feel free to ask! Remember to thank, and POST to keep this on top for people to see!
Last edited by Hawk ; 02-22-2014 at 01:45 AM.

The following 6 users say thank you to Hawk for this useful post:

ResistTheMoon, Khemz, MODZ4FUN420, MP5-MAD90, MrNiceGuyPsx,
02-05-2013, 02:56 AM #2
No comments?
Nice job bro, Cydia was slow adding repos but this will help a ton.
11-21-2013, 02:55 AM #3
gamer89117
Can’t trickshot me!
its not worth is to do all this when you can just use a simple utility on the device itself. i think the slow cydia would be faster than this...
01-13-2014, 09:15 PM #4
Default Avatar
D M X
Cydias fine for me!

WHERE MY DOGS AT
03-09-2014, 07:12 PM #5
x5150xiZombie
I defeated!
Originally posted by D
Cydias fine for me!

WHERE MY DOGS AT

this is for ios 6 not 7, 7 is faster then 6