05-22-2015, 12:42 AM #1
JB
[i]Remember, no Russian.[/i]
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I came across a pretty cool tweak a few days ago when I got my new iPhone, called iWidgets. It basically allows you to use HTML and Javascript based Android-esque widgets on your homescreen (there's also one for the lockscreen, LockHTML I think).

I wanted one that let you tweet from the home screen without entering the app, without luck. There wasn't one at all. So, I wrote my own.

You must login or register to view this content.

As you see, the widget sits at the bottom of my homescreen on the first page. It takes the tweet, and sends it to a remote webserver running PHP (in order to send the tweet through a PHP based API).

Due to the nature of the code, and the fact you currently need a remote webserver, it's not a viable idea to release this in it's current state. However, I will be tweaking it - if I can remove the need for that remote webserver, I'll release it.
Last edited by JB ; 05-22-2015 at 12:45 AM.
05-22-2015, 01:37 AM #2
niki201
Climbing up the ladder
looks cool
05-22-2015, 01:08 PM #3
Jimmy
Supreme
Originally posted by JB View Post
I came across a pretty cool tweak a few days ago when I got my new iPhone, called iWidgets. It basically allows you to use HTML and Javascript based Android-esque widgets on your homescreen (there's also one for the lockscreen, LockHTML I think).

I wanted one that let you tweet from the home screen without entering the app, without luck. There wasn't one at all. So, I wrote my own.

As you see, the widget sits at the bottom of my homescreen on the first page. It takes the tweet, and sends it to a remote webserver running PHP (in order to send the tweet through a PHP based API).

Due to the nature of the code, and the fact you currently need a remote webserver, it's not a viable idea to release this in it's current state. However, I will be tweaking it - if I can remove the need for that remote webserver, I'll release it.

ah nice! Happy
05-22-2015, 01:11 PM #4
Reyz
Banned
Originally posted by JB View Post
I came across a pretty cool tweak a few days ago when I got my new iPhone, called iWidgets. It basically allows you to use HTML and Javascript based Android-esque widgets on your homescreen (there's also one for the lockscreen, LockHTML I think).

Personally i would use this, however if you have a phone under iphone 6 it will take most of the space :\
05-22-2015, 03:11 PM #5
JB
[i]Remember, no Russian.[/i]
Originally posted by Reyz View Post
Personally i would use this, however if you have a phone under iphone 6 it will take most of the space :\

The widget has options to adjust its height and width. You could fit it on an iPhone 2G. And it's only on a single page.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo