Post: Can someone explain me what is this "SemiJailbreak"?
11-27-2016, 09:39 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'm on iOS 10.1.1, and I have found out this "Semi Jailbreak":

You must login or register to view this content.

What is it? Is it secure? Is there a "risk of brick" or something like that?
12-03-2016, 12:08 AM #11
Originally posted by JB View Post
Many moons ago in the iPhone OS 1 days, there was a chance jailbreaking would brick your device, but that simply does not happen any more, there's always a way to restore it to a working state should something, if anything, go wrong. The jailbreak does void your warranty with Apple, however if you completely restore your device in iTunes to the latest version of iOS, it will completely remove the jailbreak. Apple are also unable to detect whether the device has been previously jailbroken.

Do I have to remember all my Passwords and e-mails of iCloud and iTunes jailbreaking my devices? Does ti requires this things?
12-03-2016, 12:11 AM #12
JB
[i]Remember, no Russian.[/i]
Originally posted by Frosty View Post
Nice summarization, JB!

Thanks bro, I like to keep things nice and simple Awesome face

Originally posted by FoxCunning View Post
Do I have to remember all my Passwords and e-mails of iCloud and iTunes jailbreaking my devices? Does ti requires this things?

Only a restore would require these, jailbreaking shouldn't ever need a login of any form (9.3.3 was a bit of an exception due to the nature of the jailbreak).
12-03-2016, 12:14 AM #13
Thanks bro, I like to keep things nice and simple Awesome face

Only a restore would require these, jailbreaking shouldn't ever need a login of any form (9.3.3 was a bit of an exception due to the nature of the jailbreak).

I have read that if you don't remember the password of iTunes you are fucked (sorry for the bad word). Is it true?
12-03-2016, 12:17 AM #14
JB
I have read that if you don't remember the password of iTunes you are fucked (sorry for the bad word). Is it true?

Not true unless you're restoring (or more accurately, when you're setting up the device). Jailbreaking is a mostly straightforward procedure.
12-03-2016, 12:24 AM #15
So... if I have understood:

When there will be a legit Untethered Jailbreak for 10.1.1 (more or less will be released on January/February 2017) it'll be posted on this section. There aren't anymore risks with Jailbreaking iPhone and it is reversible restoring the devices, that requires the memory of password and e-mails of iTunes and others...
Am I right? Sal
12-03-2016, 02:12 AM #16
JB
So... if I have understood:

When there will be a legit Untethered Jailbreak for 10.1.1 (more or less will be released on January/February 2017) it'll be posted on this section. There aren't anymore risks with Jailbreaking iPhone and it is reversible restoring the devices, that requires the memory of password and e-mails of iTunes and others...
Am I right? Sal

Correct, although the iTunes login is only necessary if you're restoring a backup too, otherwise you can just make a new account. :p
12-03-2016, 05:45 AM #17
Correct, although the iTunes login is only necessary if you're restoring a backup too, otherwise you can just make a new account. :p

Aahh perfect!
Thank you very much for your availability!

The following user thanked FoxCunning for this useful post:

JB
12-28-2016, 01:53 PM #18
Sparrow
Big Papi
Aahh perfect!
Thank you very much for your availability!

Js 10 & 10.1.1 JB is out. 10.2 in the works and expected soon Smile

You must login or register to view this content.
12-28-2016, 03:02 PM #19
iTruceFret
[move]From now on, call me DRAGON.[/move]
One time at Verizon, the phone guy was an idiot, I brought in my iPhone 5s that had been jailbroken and was jailbroken, and wanted to trade up for the iPhone 6 Plus. The guy didn't mind, and of course wanted to look at my phone. He was curious what Cydia was and how my apps were doing cool things when yoy went from page to page. Since he didn't know, I played along and told him there were apps in the app store. I then proceeded to delete all of the shit I had through Cydia by going into my settings and there's a tweak you could have back then that would delete and uninstall any tweaks or apps you had via the stock settings app. It was still in beta form, but each time I'd uninstall an app, I would have to reboot the phone. This shit took time. Well, I got a little over halfway through and the phone guy grew impatient as the iPhone 6 was ready to go. He just needed my phone. Anyways, I have it to him because on one of the jailbreak tweaks got stuck in boot mode and he took it to the back to his manager. The manager was pissed. The sale had already been done, so he couldn't give me the phone back. The kid came out with his face red, and told me and I quote, 'dude...my manager was so pissed off at me because I bought this jailbroken phone...' I felt bad and told him to restore it via iTunes and nobody would ever be able to tell it's been jailbroken. Point of the story, don't be a dick and do what I did. Restore your iPhone via iTunes if you're ever going to sell it back to a phone company, and by doing so, that's how you get rid of a jailbreak. Or, uodate it to the next firmware version in recovery mode.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo