Post: Can someone explain me what is this "SemiJailbreak"?
11-27-2016, 09:39 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'm on iOS 10.1.1, and I have found out this "Semi Jailbreak":

You must login or register to view this content.

What is it? Is it secure? Is there a "risk of brick" or something like that?
11-28-2016, 08:13 AM #2
xkoeckiiej
At least I can fight
If theres a legit jailbreak it'll be posted on here.
11-28-2016, 08:43 AM #3
Samurai Poster
Originally posted by FoxCunning View Post
I'm on iOS 10.1.1, and I have found out this "Semi Jailbreak":

It's fake.
11-28-2016, 08:52 AM #4
Oh okay thank you all guys!
12-01-2016, 02:03 AM #5
JB
[i]Remember, no Russian.[/i]
I'm on iOS 10.1.1, and I have found out this "Semi Jailbreak":

Since there's a bit of a thing about semi-jailbreaks, I'll clear up exactly what they are, in context to standard tethered and untethered jailbreaks.

In the world of iOS jailbreaking there are three notable forms of jailbreak; tethered, untethered, and semi-tethered (or semi-untethered if you prefer).

Untethered jailbreaks are usually the most common form of jailbreak and take place as the phone boots up, putting it straight into the jailbroken state you know and love. An untethered jailbreak is one that is fully capable of being stored on the device and executed at boot without requiring a connection to a computer, and without requiring input from the user. A good recent example of this would be Pangu for iOS 9.0.2.

Tethered jailbreaks are the second flavor of jailbreak and are nowadays a lot less likely to stumble across, however a lot of untethered jailbreaks have made use of a tethered exploit in the past to achieve a fully untethered jailbroken state. Tethered refers to the requirement that in order to boot up into a jailbroken state, a computer running the jailbreak's exploit code is required. There's no recent examples of something like this since the redsn0w days of iOS 4-6.

Semi-tethered (or semi-untethered) are the third flavor of jailbreak and arguably the rarest. They allow a device to fully reboot, however it will not boot into a jailbroken state, and will revert to a pre-jailbroken state. In order to get back into a jailbreak, a third party is required, usually in the form of a computer, however as evidenced by Pangu's awesome 9.3.3 jailbreak this isn't always the case, and the jailbreak can be stored on the device in the form of an app that can be run at any time.

So, to summarize;

• Untethered - reboot without computer and your jailbreak still works.
  • Tethered - you need a computer to achieve a full reboot.
  • Semi-tethered/semi-untethered - you can reboot however only into a non-jailbroken state until further input from a jailbreak source.
12-02-2016, 11:50 PM #6
Originally posted by JB View Post
Since there's a bit of a thing about semi-jailbreaks, I'll clear up exactly what they are, in context to standard tethered and untethered jailbreaks.

In the world of iOS jailbreaking there are three notable forms of jailbreak; tethered, untethered, and semi-tethered (or semi-untethered if you prefer).

Untethered jailbreaks are usually the most common form of jailbreak and take place as the phone boots up, putting it straight into the jailbroken state you know and love. An untethered jailbreak is one that is fully capable of being stored on the device and executed at boot without requiring a connection to a computer, and without requiring input from the user. A good recent example of this would be Pangu for iOS 9.0.2.

Tethered jailbreaks are the second flavor of jailbreak and are nowadays a lot less likely to stumble across, however a lot of untethered jailbreaks have made use of a tethered exploit in the past to achieve a fully untethered jailbroken state. Tethered refers to the requirement that in order to boot up into a jailbroken state, a computer running the jailbreak's exploit code is required. There's no recent examples of something like this since the redsn0w days of iOS 4-6.

Semi-tethered (or semi-untethered) are the third flavor of jailbreak and arguably the rarest. They allow a device to fully reboot, however it will not boot into a jailbroken state, and will revert to a pre-jailbroken state. In order to get back into a jailbreak, a third party is required, usually in the form of a computer, however as evidenced by Pangu's awesome 9.3.3 jailbreak this isn't always the case, and the jailbreak can be stored on the device in the form of an app that can be run at any time.

So, to summarize;

• Semi-tethered/semi-untethered - you can reboot however only into a non-jailbroken state until further input from a jailbreak source.

Thaaaank you!
So we have just to wait an Untethered Jailbreak?
12-02-2016, 11:59 PM #7
JB
Thaaaank you!
So we have just to wait an Untethered Jailbreak?

Ideally yeah. Although the 9.3.3 semi-untether is as-good imo because it can be performed on the device. Probably going to be waiting til late Jan or Feb until there's a iOS 10 jailbreak out.
12-03-2016, 12:01 AM #8
Ideally yeah. Although the 9.3.3 semi-untether is as-good imo because it can be performed on the device. Probably going to be waiting til late Jan or Feb until there's a iOS 10 jailbreak out.

Okok, but the Jailbreak, in iOS, is reversible? Can I change between "Unjailbroken" and Jailbroken iPhone?
And... are there any risks jailbreaking the device?
12-03-2016, 12:03 AM #9

So, to summarize;

Nice summarization, JB!
12-03-2016, 12:03 AM #10
JB
Okok, but the Jailbreak, in iOS, is reversible? Can I change between "Unjailbroken" and Jailbroken iPhone?
And... are there any risks jailbreaking the device?

Many moons ago in the iPhone OS 1 days, there was a chance jailbreaking would brick your device, but that simply does not happen any more, there's always a way to restore it to a working state should something, if anything, go wrong. The jailbreak does void your warranty with Apple, however if you completely restore your device in iTunes to the latest version of iOS, it will completely remove the jailbreak. Apple are also unable to detect whether the device has been previously jailbroken.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo