10-21-2011, 05:48 PM #1
gamer89117
Can’t trickshot me!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); ok. i have done a lot of research on finding vulnerabilites and then exploiting it. i just need verifaction on this. i have found that fuzzing is one of the easiest ways of finding vulnerabilities. so you need to ssh and send a code (like a variable that the kernal cant handle) then the device freaks out and sends a dump file and you will retrieve it and figure out what it was that it crashed and use it to your advantage to take over the devise. i know that tethered is getting control of /mobile/ and untethered is control over root. so now here are my questions. how do u enable yourself to send the device the code? how can you actually gain control over the root and how can you tell the difference between root and mobile stuff once you get the dump file? so then once you have contol you send it your own custom code and then you can install your own programs?
10-25-2011, 02:02 AM #2
Default Avatar
x iJB x
Originally posted by gamer89117 View Post
ok. i have done a lot of research on finding vulnerabilites and then exploiting it. i just need verifaction on this. i have found that fuzzing is one of the easiest ways of finding vulnerabilities. so you need to ssh and send a code (like a variable that the kernal cant handle) then the device freaks out and sends a dump file and you will retrieve it and figure out what it was that it crashed and use it to your advantage to take over the devise. i know that tethered is getting control of /mobile/ and untethered is control over root. so now here are my questions. how do u enable yourself to send the device the code? how can you actually gain control over the root and how can you tell the difference between root and mobile stuff once you get the dump file? so then once you have contol you send it your own custom code and then you can install your own programs?

Alright, first of all, your research is correct. However, most exploits are kernel-based, and extremely hard to find. It's not a case of "plug iPhone in, fuzz random strings, find exploit and jailbreak". The whole process is much more complex. And you need at least professional knowledge of Linux before even attempting. The command "whoami" will tell you if you have root (uid 0) or not.

Anyway, like I said, you can't just plug in an iPhone and find an exploit. It takes a long time for the professionals, let alone newbs. And besides, even if you found an exploit, you have to package it into a usable frame otherwise you're stuck at the command line.

Trust me when I say this. It's all fair saying "I want to find an exploit!" but actually doing that is much easier said than done.

The following user thanked x iJB x for this useful post:

cgs18
10-26-2011, 04:28 PM #3
gamer89117
Can’t trickshot me!
so this all has to be done on linux? cant be done on a mac or pc? also if i did find an exploit that would be as far as i would go. i would give it to the devs and have them make it useable. i just want recongnition on finding it. im 16 and i love everything about computers im completely fascinated by how much work actually goes into codding. i am higher than a newb but not by much i kno the basics of coding language and i understand how most of this kind of stuff works. i just need to get my hands on more advanced material so i can learn more. Do u kno where i could learn more on the stuff in need to kno?
10-26-2011, 10:18 PM #4
cgs18
The Old NGU iDevice Guru
Originally posted by gamer89117 View Post
so this all has to be done on linux? cant be done on a mac or pc? also if i did find an exploit that would be as far as i would go. i would give it to the devs and have them make it useable. i just want recongnition on finding it. im 16 and i love everything about computers im completely fascinated by how much work actually goes into codding. i am higher than a newb but not by much i kno the basics of coding language and i understand how most of this kind of stuff works. i just need to get my hands on more advanced material so i can learn more. Do u kno where i could learn more on the stuff in need to kno?

My opinion is leave the exploit finding 2 the pro's.. like p0sixninja and chronic dev team.. If u wanna get a start in working with iOS i suggest you learn to write in fluent python first because it is the root of afew computer languages... if you learn python then you can learn any language.. and also with python you can write codes that can run on a jailbroken iDevice.. personally i learned python on this site.. You must login or register to view this content.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo