12-20-2012, 02:06 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Currently a Samsung S2 owner, I've really been fed up from Andriod, even that I was a huge fan of it, I decided to change my preference.

I've decided that an iPhone 5 is worth the shot ( as I've never owned an iPhone before, only an iPad 2). However, when I checked the section, I've seen rumours about a new superior iPhone 5S coming out by May/June? I don't really care if my gadget gets out dated, as I change my phone every 1.5 year or something, so it's not a huge deal, but my point is, if a "superior" iPhone is on the way, why not wait? I'm also not in an urgent need for a phone.

Even though, iPhone 5S might end up being like the 4S, and it would just be a waste of time...Also, if I do not upgrade currently I'll have to wait till like next September/August.

I'm not really a kind of a person who likes asking "what do" on Internet, and such, but I know this section is full of iOS geeks, so yeah let's ask. Happy

Repping/thanking all useful answers based on sources, or common sense. Cheers.
12-20-2012, 02:25 PM #2
Pixie Lott
Keep it MeLLo
5S will be no different, It will just have a faster chip inside, iPhone 5 is already super fast so it just depends iff you want an even faster phone
12-20-2012, 02:48 PM #3
Coqui
Former Staff
Originally posted by Vaner View Post
Currently a Samsung S2 owner, I've really been fed up from Andriod, even that I was a huge fan of it, I decided to change my preference.

I've decided that an iPhone 5 is worth the shot ( as I've never owned an iPhone before, only an iPad 2). However, when I checked the section, I've seen rumours about a new superior iPhone 5S coming out by May/June? I don't really care if my gadget gets out dated, as I change my phone every 1.5 year or something, so it's not a huge deal, but my point is, if a "superior" iPhone is on the way, why not wait? I'm also not in an urgent need for a phone.

Even though, iPhone 5S might end up being like the 4S, and it would just be a waste of time...Also, if I do not upgrade currently I'll have to wait till like next September/August.

I'm not really a kind of a person who likes asking "what do" on Internet, and such, but I know this section is full of iOS geeks, so yeah let's ask. Happy

Just wait for the next iPhone. It's already to late to buy an iPhone 5 and there will be a new one is less than a year so do like me and wait for the 5S/6. Also there have been speculations about Apple changing they're release time yearly so maybe we get a new iPhone on summer.

Just wait for the next iPhone.
12-20-2012, 03:22 PM #4
I think now you have just to wait the iPhone 5s... it'll arrive in 5/6 months...
12-21-2012, 05:23 PM #5
I've just bought a 4S, by the time i'll be able to upgrade, they will have released a new iPhone and hopefully the price will have come down.
12-21-2012, 07:02 PM #6
Mr.Kane
Greatness
Originally posted by Vaner View Post
Currently a Samsung S2 owner, I've really been fed up from Andriod, even that I was a huge fan of it, I decided to change my preference.

I say dont go for a 5 right now, I see it as a waste of money my friend has one and his dad is paying over £1000 for it over 2 years.

All apple devices are the same, just get a 4S for now as I think it is the best option right now or if you really want the 5 wait for the 5s to come out and get the 5, again it will be no major change, slightly higher specs and a better camera, I still have a 3GS and it does me great its pretty much dirt cheap so thats something you might want to think about
12-21-2012, 07:23 PM #7
cekchd
Banned
i personally love my wifes 4S better than my iphone 5. if i the iphone 5s has a stupidly oblonged screen as well i wont be buying it.
theres lots of issues and lag with the 5 until they really figure out what they are doing. if you get an upgrade every 1.5 years, personally get the 4S, it still has siri,a5x chip(maybe a a6 idr) but its still just as fast as the 5. all the apps will work for it(except the ipad apps) and it looks good.

ive had my 5 for 2 months and the thing has more straches and dents in it JUST from putting it in my pocket and pulling it out of my pocket.the 4s has a good strong case incase you did drop it on accident. i hate my 5 and i might be going to back to my 4s before i upgraded i was MUCH happier with my 4s.
i hope my reply helps you choose.
depending on who your carrier is(mines att) they give you a 30 day trade in where you can just get a 4s if you dont like your 5.
wish ya luck on your choice Smile
12-24-2012, 10:10 PM #8
Cruzer1234
Do a barrel roll!
I hate that iPhones get outdated every 6 months. Wayy to quick of a cycle. I would wait until at least next august. Maybe they have something coming your way.
12-26-2012, 08:14 PM #9
iTruceFret
[move]From now on, call me DRAGON.[/move]
All of these comments about how the iPhone gets outdated too quickly. Do you fools even realize what Samsung does? They've got several lines of phones and drop 2 or 3 new versions of the same phone EVERY YEAR. Anyways, the iPhone 5 has its up and downs. Some get a shitty one, and some get a decent one. Every phone you own will scratch and get jackd up. You can't avoid it. Even in an otter box, the sides will eventually start that normal web and tear just from being in the case. Point is, people TRY so hard to find the negatives from Apple, they leave out the good. The speed of the phone is obsessingly fast. The size is different now because so many people constantly bitched about it being too small. It will rarely crash, if ever. It's so smooth, it's insane. The only downfall with iOS is you can't customize it unless its jail broken. That's about it. Your answer from my experience with all iPhones is wait. I'm waiting until I see the iPhone 6. (Keep in mind I can't upgrade until 2014) Lol. So just wait. I have the 4s now. It's pretty bad ass. The five, as I've seen and played with it, is much faster, the display is AWESOME. Just wait man. :y:
12-26-2012, 10:38 PM #10
DaSandman
Little One
You could wait for iPhone 5S but whos' to say they will release it that soon. I personally going for the iPhone 4S. It just depends on your personal usage of it. If you are using maps on the iPhone 5, be prepared to be lost.
Last edited by DaSandman ; 12-26-2012 at 10:40 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo