04-06-2015, 06:05 AM #1
Bubblz_
Who’s Jim Erased?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So I dropped my phone today while skating, and the whole screen ks cracked now. My phone is jailbroken so the warranty is now voided :/! I have read in a few different places that if you restore it to factory settings and and put a backup on it, you can walk in and return it like that. Has anyone here tried it?
04-06-2015, 09:17 AM #2
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by Bubblz
So I dropped my phone today while skating, and the whole screen ks cracked now. My phone is jailbroken so the warranty is now voided :/! I have read in a few different places that if you restore it to factory settings and and put a backup on it, you can walk in and return it like that. Has anyone here tried it?

If you restore it then yes it'll remove the jailbreak. So after you've done that you can get it replaced/fixed from Apple.
04-06-2015, 01:12 PM #3
Bubblz_
Who’s Jim Erased?
Originally posted by Alt View Post
If you restore it then yes it'll remove the jailbreak. So after you've done that you can get it replaced/fixed from Apple.

Thank you for the Reply! By any chance, yes this is a stupid question, do you know about how much I would need to pay if anything at all?
04-06-2015, 01:26 PM #4
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by Bubblz
Thank you for the Reply! By any chance, yes this is a stupid question, do you know about how much I would need to pay if anything at all?

Depends if its in warranty or not. I do know that Apple still cover you 90 days after your warranty runs out.
I would recommend getting it done by Apple also as they know what they're doing plus the screen will be genuine not one of those fake ones from Ebay.
04-06-2015, 02:53 PM #5
Bubblz_
Who’s Jim Erased?
Originally posted by Alt View Post
Depends if its in warranty or not. I do know that Apple still cover you 90 days after your warranty runs out.
I would recommend getting it done by Apple also as they know what they're doing plus the screen will be genuine not one of those fake ones from Ebay.

Ok cool i got my phone in February as a birthday present so i should still be covered with the 90 days then Smile Thanks for all the Help ^.^!
04-06-2015, 03:57 PM #6
Bubblz_
Who’s Jim Erased?
Originally posted by EYE
Once restored and un-jailbroken your store will charge around £40.. You must login or register to view this content. to find the rough price.

They can do it on the stop if you have booked an appointment.

Ok, should i apply a backup to it so the phone isn't empty?
04-06-2015, 10:41 PM #7
Bubblz_
Who’s Jim Erased?
Originally posted by EYE
Yes as hey would wonder why your iPhone is empty.

Ok thanks! Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo