02-20-2016, 09:30 PM #1
modernwarhero
im behind u
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi all,

Need help with factory reset on new generation apple products. Is it possible to reset password locked devices with or without an itunes account? Have been unable to factory reset when device has no password lock on start up. Have tried holding sleep and home buttons for 10 seconds with device connected to pc running itunes yet it still asks for password related to the email address.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated, thanks.
02-20-2016, 09:38 PM #2
Kam
Investor - Future Millionaire
Originally posted by modernwarhero View Post
Hi all,

Need help with factory reset on new generation apple products. Is it possible to reset password locked devices with or without an itunes account? Have been unable to factory reset when device has no password lock on start up. Have tried holding sleep and home buttons for 10 seconds with device connected to pc running itunes yet it still asks for password related to the email address.

I believe if you put it in Recovery Mode.

You can do this by plugging in your USB cable into the computer and the other end leave unplugged. Hold the home button and plug the other end of the cable at the same time and hold them there.

The following user thanked Kam for this useful post:

modernwarhero
02-20-2016, 09:49 PM #3
modernwarhero
im behind u
Originally posted by Kam View Post

You can do this by plugging in your USB cable into the computer and the other end leave unplugged. Hold the home button and plug the other end of the cable at the same time and hold them there.

thank you, will give this a try :0)
02-20-2016, 09:49 PM #4
Kam
thank you, will give this a try :0)

Let me know :p
02-22-2016, 11:12 AM #5
modernwarhero
im behind u
Let me know :p

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work on new generation IOS systems when password locked, iTunes still wants the password to restore. Gutted :0(
02-22-2016, 11:45 AM #6
Kam
Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work on new generation IOS systems when password locked, iTunes still wants the password to restore. Gutted :0(

The screen that you see, what does it look like? Are you on the normal home screen?
02-22-2016, 12:11 PM #7
modernwarhero
im behind u
The screen that you see, what does it look like? Are you on the normal home screen?

When waking the screen starts off saying slide to upgrade, after sliding it asks to enter password. I'm clueless
Also unable to turn off completely!
Last edited by modernwarhero ; 02-22-2016 at 12:37 PM.
02-22-2016, 04:50 PM #8
modernwarhero
im behind u

Kam thank you for your help. DFU mode does work, using an iTunes account that you're not signed into and a fast internet connection. :0)
02-22-2016, 07:33 PM #9
Kam
Kam thank you for your help. DFU mode does work, using an iTunes account that you're not signed into and a fast internet connection. :0)

I'm glad I can help Smile

The following user thanked Kam for this useful post:

modernwarhero
02-22-2016, 09:07 PM #10
Hi all,

Issue resolved, closed.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo