03-21-2011, 03:45 AM #1
Pills
Batman
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I have an iPod Touch 4G. I installed Dreamboard, and my iPod crashed. It went in an endless boot loop. Google was able to help me verify that many people on 4G iPod Touches are having the endless boot problem. To fix it, download iPhone Explorer (use Google to find it), and once you connect your iPod to the computer it should keep making the noise it makes when you connect it. This is normal. Now open iPhone Explorer and wait for your iPod's files to load. Once loaded, you will see:

Name of your iPod
Apps
Root

Click Root, and navigate to the the Applications folder. Once there, locate the Dreamboard folder, and delete it. Now hold the power button and the home button for about 10 seconds, and your iPod will once again reboot. This time, it will take you to your lockscreen if done correctly. Unlock your iPod, and everything will be black, except for the status bar. Now double click the Home button, and the Multitasking Bar should come up. Find Cydia in there, and open it. Now go to Manage, Packages, and then uninstall Dreamboard. Wait for it to finish, then hit respring, and everything should be back to normal, without having to do a complete restore. :y: Going through all of this was not worth it. If you're on 4.2.1 with a 4G iPod Touch, you should just stay away from it. I hope this helps anyone that had the same problem that I did. My initial plan was to let my iPod die and do a restore, but I got impatient. :P I got this from here: You must login or register to view this content.. I wrote this because I was really confused with the instructions given there, and I attempted to go more in depth with it here, once I figured it all out. I would recommend just not even installing it until it is a lot more stable.

The following user thanked Pills for this useful post:

gmaxstergmaxste
03-21-2011, 10:39 AM #2
cgs18
The Old NGU iDevice Guru
I hav dreamboard installed nd I just hav my springboard crash alot so I just turned off it's mobile substraight.. :p

The following user thanked cgs18 for this useful post:

03-22-2011, 07:48 PM #3
Pills
Batman
Well this is mainly for people with 4th Gen iPod Touches. :p
04-01-2011, 01:03 AM #4
Thank you so much for your post, PILLS. I ran into this issue on my 3GS (new boot rom) running 4.2.1 and was able to quickly resolve it thanks to your post. For anyone using Wi-Fi sync, I'd like to add that you MUST uninstall it before attempting this fix.
04-01-2011, 08:46 PM #5
Pills
Batman
Originally posted by b0y View Post
Thank you so much for your post, PILLS. I ran into this issue on my 3GS (new boot rom) running 4.2.1 and was able to quickly resolve it thanks to your post. For anyone using Wi-Fi sync, I'd like to add that you MUST uninstall it before attempting this fix.

I'm glad at least one person found this useful. :p Your welcome. Smile :black:
04-01-2011, 08:50 PM #6
Post Count
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄
I don't use DreamBoard anymore because it kept crashing my iPod 4G too.
04-06-2011, 07:38 PM #7
Pills
Batman
Which is why it isn't worth it. I'm going to probably get a cracked version just to try it out when its compatible with the 4th gen iPod Touches.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo