09-11-2010, 04:10 PM #1
D-Rock1
Lvl1 Extremly Trustworthy
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); As almost all of us indulge in Trophy trades (buying, selling or trading), i thought it might be useful to compile some guidelines for people to bear in mind, in order, for the transaction to be pleasant.

I have had input from Shadymathers on this and collaborated my work with his to make the list. Please point out anything that you think should be in list and that i might have missed.

Here goes:

- DONT go online on someone' account unless its for syncing or doing trophies that require online gaming without his/her permission.
Agree on an approximate day or time beforehand. Better yet, add each other on PSN and communicate there when you need the account.

- DONT look through the other person' friends list or send messages. His/Her account is none of your business, do the trophies and thats that!

- Put a comment of the person' choice in the comment box,or if the person hasn't told me,then put 'NOT AVAILABLE' and not advertise yourself either.
You can leave comment box blank if you prefer not to write anything.

- PASS all messages that you recieve on someone' PSN account, to the respective person. Everyone communicates on PSN on varying degrees and it helps the person not to loose that continuity for various reasons.

- DONT go on someone' PSN store. Its none of your business and thats not involved in the deal. Do your end of the deal (syncing or playing for online trophies) and just stick at that.
Remember, if you even download one item from the person' account, he loses his free slot.

- If you have downloaded something from the person' account for doing trophies for him/her, then DEACTIVATE the account once the deal is done.
Simply deleting wont help, as the person cant use that free slot.

- STICK to the original deal agreed by both parties. A change in a deal has to be AGREED by both parties. Many a times trophies are not acquired on estimated times, just because trophies took longer than expected, doesnt mean you demand more from the buyer - its NOT the buyer' fault.

- DONT forget to delete the person' account after deal is done.

- Take only as many deals as you can handle in a timely manner.
On the other hand, please try to accomodate some delays in case they happen for genuine reason.

- EVERYONE make a second account, which is on the friend list of your Main account. This way you can log on the second account and have a look if someone is playing on your Main account for online trophies and then you wont Accidentally log him off.
This saves a lot of work, hassle and argument between 2 parties.

- Sync only till around 10% for someone' trophies to reflect on their account. No need to sync till 100%, it takes a very long time and is waste of time for both parties involved.

- BE careful that you dont play any other game on the person' acount. Nobody likes an extra 0% on their trophy list and quite a few of us have been the victim of it.
IF you have done this by error, then please OWN up to it.

- And remember to Communicate about everything and be Polite, hand-in-hand it goes a Long Way!!! Also, constantly update the other person about trophy progress, so they know where they stand.
Use MSN or AIM if both of you have it, helps in the aid of communication too Smile

- Once deal is done, can both parties please leave feedback for each other as soon as possible. It only seems a decent thing to do, considering the seller has spent quite a bit of time on the deal.

- It is recommended that you check this You must login or register to view this content., after every transaction. This will help you determine if the person syncing trophies on your account, actually downloaded something from your account.

PS: For guidelines regarding how to make a second/dummy account, check this excellent thread by Jedt You must login or register to view this content.

Also have a look at reasonings why NO ONE should ask for You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by D-Rock1 ; 12-11-2010 at 09:55 AM.

The following 30 users say thank you to D-Rock1 for this useful post:

-J-, -Warhawk-, Aluminium_Pig, andge12, Booooom, Daddy Cool, DarkGeneRaL_, DX2, giles0308, ginjaninja88, IchigoTheHollow, jedt, joe250, johnnyla, MaZoNY, Monky, MysticDragon, Nifty., REVeran, rewind1uk, RtotheB, shadymathers, Shooterfish, skoiler, snipe0311, wales079, wildhare, WorstShooter, xpyash, Yuki_240sx
09-11-2010, 09:29 PM #11
ZELLIS
Halfway to a ☆
Hey guys I have a sorta newbish question. How do you sync trophies? All I know is that you have to log into someone's account. I don't really know what to do after that. Also how much is a MW2 plat worth?
09-11-2010, 09:34 PM #12
jedt
NGU's #1 Plat Provider!
Originally posted by ZELLIS View Post
Hey guys I have a sorta newbish question. How do you sync trophies? All I know is that you have to log into someone's account. I don't really know what to do after that. Also how much is a MW2 plat worth?

Yep you pretty much have the answer, once you have details of someone elses account (email & password) work the trophies/Plat, then sync the trophies by clicking on their account name or trophy and the work you've done will sync to that account.

Are you looking to do MW2 for other people or are you looking for someone to do it for you?

The following user thanked jedt for this useful post:

ZELLIS
09-11-2010, 09:38 PM #13
ZELLIS
Halfway to a ☆
Originally posted by jedt View Post
Yep you pretty much have the answer, once you have details of someone elses account (email & password) work the trophies/Plat, then sync the trophies by clicking on their account name or trophy and the work you've done will sync to that account.

Are you looking to do MW2 for other people or are you looking for someone to do it for you?

Oh I see. I'm almost finished with my MW2 plat so if I sold it how much would it be worth? vBux/paypal or whatever you trophy nuts do :P
09-11-2010, 09:45 PM #14
jedt
NGU's #1 Plat Provider!
Oh I see. I'm almost finished with my MW2 plat so if I sold it how much would it be worth? vBux/paypal or whatever you trophy nuts do :P

Mate did you do MW2 on your own account? or on a dummy account?
If its a dummy that's fine, you would require the account details of the person purchasing/trading then you sync to their account.

If you did it on your account you cannot sell it/trade it as those trophies are logged to the account they are earned on.
09-11-2010, 09:48 PM #15
ZELLIS
Halfway to a ☆
Originally posted by jedt View Post
Mate did you do MW2 on your own account? or on a dummy account?
If its a dummy that's fine, you would require the account details of the person purchasing/trading then you sync to their account.

If you did it on your account you cannot sell it/trade it as those trophies are logged to the account they are earned on.

Ohhhhhhhhh... OK then would it be worth it to do it again on a dummy? I mean how much would people pay for MW2?
09-11-2010, 09:50 PM #16
Cooler
Supreme
Takes forever to sync trophies on other accounts because before it adds trophies it downloads all there previous ones.
09-11-2010, 09:56 PM #17
-J-
Happy Aka: the_noob Happy
Originally posted by Cooler View Post
Takes forever to sync trophies on other accounts because before it adds trophies it downloads all there previous ones.

this statement isnt definitively true.

if you go to trophies, sync to server, then watch the trophies online at "https://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=*****" (replacing ***** with the users psn) you will see the server usually has the sync completed by around 50% (can be as early as 5%), mostly trophies on the system are "pushed2 to the server before trophies are downloaded to the system. once the server "sees" the plat you can stop the sync and it will stay.

hope this helps.

x
09-11-2010, 10:00 PM #18
D-Rock1
Lvl1 Extremly Trustworthy
Originally posted by noob View Post
this statement isnt definitively true.

if you go to trophies, sync to server, then watch the trophies online at "https://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=*****" (replacing ***** with the users psn) you will see the server usually has the sync completed by around 50% (can be as early as 5%), mostly trophies on the system are "pushed2 to the server before trophies are downloaded to the system. once the server "sees" the plat you can stop the sync and it will stay.

hope this helps.

x

U do know that syncing is required only till between 5-10% for trophy to reflect on someone else' account? Takes 2-5 minutes for this.
09-11-2010, 10:00 PM #19
jedt
NGU's #1 Plat Provider!
Ohhhhhhhhh... OK then would it be worth it to do it again on a dummy? I mean how much would people pay for MW2?

Yeah you have to do it on a dummy, get account details, then sync the trophies/Plat
Your problem, most people in this section offer the MW2 as standard, whereas you might be better off offering something a bit different.
Check everyones shop, to get a feel for what is on offer.

Can you offer anything else?

Originally posted by Cooler View Post

Nah mate, you only have to sync to 5or6% just enough to sync the trophies/Plat you've worked on, no need to sync to 100% that only puts all trophies earned onto your console...no need.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo