Post: [TUT] [REL] 1.03 MGS LUA Editing/Swapping, Keeping A Certain Buddy and much more!
09-14-2015, 11:10 AM #1
doneo
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); MGS MISSION SCRIPT/MODEL/DAT EDITING

TPP Script Pack

I didnt use Nexus for any of these mods, so I havnt credited them. If anyones got a solid source for the QARTOOL Creator, Ill credit them.

If you want to read how to achieve whats in the package below then scroll down. The .dat below has had many .LUA edits applied, and at this point I must stress some caution. The file below will effect the online experience so think about that, although the impact on this gen is small. With that said this also has many useful features for those that cant complete the game 100%, namely an unlock all. Anyway, enough bullshit.

Feature List

* All Staff S++ in the field.
* Instant Combat Deployment and S++ Rewards* If this package doesnt work, grab the other dat below. I tried to incorporate it into one file, awaiting feedback.
* Instant MB and FOB Construction
* Easy S RANK missions and Exempt Equipment Check removed* Please inform me if your having issues with mission completion I will remove this mod.
* Unlock All including Parasite Suit and Raiden Suit.
* "Keep Quiet" edit
* Instant Weapon Development Completion
* Tustins AKA Big Boss' Teleport Script

Teleport Controls

Circle + DPAD Left - Save your current position
Circle + DPAD Right - Load your last saved position
Circle + DPAD Down - Warp to your buddy's position (Use Quiet if you want to get out of the map)

Notes

Due to the development times being modded users must play out the early tutorials of the game, namely the development tutorial before applying the 00.dat

Credits
Doneo, Tustin/Big Boss (Teleport)

Special Mentions
Cuartaesfera, Vicodin10, Crashintime, lusifer777 & the NGU MGSTPP Board.

To apply this mod place in "\dev_hdd0\game\BLES02102\USRDIR\master\0", back up your original 00.dat

You must login or register to view this content.

S++ Soldier Rewards and Instant Combat Deployment

The following .dat should provide you with the following as of 1.03;

*Instant Deployment During Combat Deployment w/ S Rank Rewards - Check rewards section!

[Please note the file extension is .g0s, please renamed to .dat before transfer and place in dev_hdd0\game\BLES\USRDIR\master\ef]

The Guide

This guide will show you to gain access to and edit the scripts present in MGS:TPP. This will allow you to apply many of the mods available to PC players to the console version of the game. Want all your fultoned recruits to be S++? Want Quiet still as a buddy after playing out the story? You got it! Below will detail the "Keep Quiet" script mod.

[Please note this guide has evolved over time and may conflict itself. Do not hesitate to ask any questions here!]

Tools Required;

Text Editor
Game Backup [BLES TESTED] (You can apply these edits over FTP, here Im working with back ups)
Your Script Edit (This guide will show you how to keep quiet as a buddy)

Steps Required;

1. First download the QAR Tool and extract it to a folder of your choosing.

2. Now we need to find where the TPPSTORY.LUA is found (cuartaesfera beat me to it - special thanks!). Navigate to "\dev_hdd0\game\BLES02102\USRDIR\master\0" and copy the file named 00.dat into the same directory as the QAR TOOL.

3. We will now decrypt the contents of 00.dat giving us access to the mission script. Open a CMD Prompt Window and use the CD command to change directory to that of the QAR Tool. In my case
     cd C:\Users\X\Desktop\QARTOOL\

Once you have changed directory we are now ready to run the commands to decrpyt the file.

4. In the CMD window input the following replacing your directory if required
    MGSV_QAR_Tool "C:\Users\X\Desktop\QARTOOL\00.dat" -u -r -e2

The parameters on the end of the command ensure that the correct decryption method is used.

5. With that you should now have two new files/folders within the QAR Directory, namely 00 [Folder] and 00.inf [File]. This is the Story portion of the game and the updates that have been applied!

6. To apply the quiet edit we are going to add the following script;

gvars.str_didLostQuiet=false
TppBuddy2BlockController.SetObtainedBuddyType(BuddyType.QUIET)
TppBuddyService.UnsetDeadBuddyType(BuddyType.QUIET)
TppBuddyService.UnsetBuddyCommonFlag(BuddyCommonFlag.BUDDY_QUIET_LOST)
TppBuddyService.UnsetBuddyCommonFlag(BuddyCommonFlag.BUDDY_QUIET_HOSPITALIZE)
TppBuddyService.SetSortieBuddyType(BuddyType.QUIET)
TppBuddyService.SetFriendlyPoint(BuddyFriendlyType.QUIET,100)
TppMotherBaseManagement.RefreshQuietStatus()

So navigate through the unpacked 00 folder to this location "...\00\Assets\tpp\script\lib" and open TPPSTORY.LUA with your text editor (I recommend Notepad++) scroll down to line 595 (I found it a few lines up, and this was the 1.00 file) and after the string:
    function e.CanArrivalQuietInMB(n)
add the following code above. Save the file with the edit applied and lets move on to repackaging the file.

7. Return to your CMD window and input the following;
    MGSV_QAR_Tool "C:\Users\X\Desktop\QARTOOL\00.inf" -u -r -e2
The INF file will allow the tool to repackage the file correctly. The file will have a different filetype, just change the extension to .DAT.

8. Once complete the file has been successfully edited and is ready to be placedin the games directory. Place the edited 00.dat into "dev_hdd0\game\BLES02102-[METAL GEAR SOLID V THE PHANTOM PAIN]\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\master\0" and fix the file permissions using the software you see fit. (Gamesonic/MMcm/MM/FZ) Ive worked with a game data back up placed on my PC, If you haven't and have had to the grab the files from game data on your system make sure you backup any files you intending on editing.

9. At this point in time your ready to start playing and hopefully the mods youve applied will show. Remember backups and file permissions.

Thanks for your time, I intend to be fairly active in this sub over the forthcoming weeks, and will be posting pre edited files if the size is workable, in the meantime check out NEXUS mods for more possibilities. Any tips on how to improve this guide are appreciated and If ive missed anything I apologise, I inteded to get this guide up this evening but it took over my lunch break!

Have fun yall!

Petition the removal of my 1!

S Rank Soldiers at Mission End

1. Dump 77fe67b0ff6b88a.dat(Game Backup not update), search for the file "366f16cb33295.lua"

2. Using Notepadd++, hit CTRL + F , select the replace tab and input the following in Find What;

StaffHitRate=(.*?),StaffDrawCount(.*?),staffSppRate=(.*?),staffSpRate=(.*?),StaffSRate=(.*?),StaffARate=(.*?),StaffBRate=(.*?),staffCRate=(.*?),staffDRate=(.*?),StaffERate=(.*?),StaffFRate=(.*?),StaffGRate=(.*?),

3. Replace With code below, select Regular Expression radio button and Replace All;

StaffHitRate=100,StaffDrawCount=10,staffSppRate=100,staffSpRate=0,StaffSRate=0,StaffARate=0,StaffBRate=0,staffCRate=0,staffDRate=0,StaffERate=0,StaffFRate=0,StaffGRate=0,

4. Save file, Repackage using QARTOOL as detailed in guide above.

Explanation

What we have done here is take the values the game has for rewarding{?} you with certain soldiers and blanketed them with the values of S being a 100% hit. StaffDrawCount relates to how many are in the pool of each mission deployment. StaffXRate determines the rank of each soldier rewarded. I assume StaffHitRate is probability.

Last edited by doneo ; 10-13-2015 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Final Upload - Check the dates and this threads progress, this happened before Nexus released shit!

The following 18 users say thank you to doneo for this useful post:

Cain532, cl_21, Creepzoid 0___0, CryCryYay, cuartaesfera, Daniel hartley, dariog1988, darktooth, Defc0n_xD, Im_YouViolateMe, MzNet, OpGreece.!, qNSp, RTE, Tustin, undergroundhavn, Vicodin10, Zeus_Cronos
09-14-2015, 03:46 PM #2
yudapradana
Save Point
thanks doneo1, i'll try
09-14-2015, 04:21 PM #3
doneo
Bounty hunter
I've applied my first edit already and will be uploading it soon, It doesn't have Quiet applied to it yet as I havnt lost her but it does have an interesting edit Im testing now. Hopefully, upon every mission completion you will receive up to 10 S++ Rank Soldiers as recruits.
09-14-2015, 06:54 PM #4
RTE
Keep it real!
Nice tutorial :yes:
09-14-2015, 08:24 PM #5
Something is wrong with Mega, need encription key to download the file
09-14-2015, 08:55 PM #6
iiCaNHaX
I defeated!
Wat is mega encryption key?
09-14-2015, 08:55 PM #7
doneo
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by cuartaesfera View Post
Something is wrong with Mega, need encription key to download the file

Try again dude Smile

Originally posted by iiCaNHaX View Post
Wat is mega encryption key?

I forgot to check a box. my bad!

The following user thanked doneo for this useful post:

cuartaesfera
09-14-2015, 09:07 PM #8
Originally posted by doneo1 View Post
Try again dude Smile

I forgot to check a box. my bad!

MEGA working now
09-14-2015, 09:43 PM #9
which is the script for soldiers s-rank?
i want to do it by my self =D
09-14-2015, 10:02 PM #10
doneo
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by cuartaesfera View Post
which is the script for soldiers s-rank?
i want to do it by my self =D

Did Quiet work? Im unable to test!

S Rank Soldiers at Mission End

1. Within the same .dat dumped for Quiet, search for the file "366f16cb33295.lua"

2. Using Notepadd++, hit CTRL + F , select the replace tab and input the following in Find What;

StaffHitRate=(.*?),StaffDrawCount(.*?),staffSppRate=(.*?),staffSpRate=(.*?),StaffSRate=(.*?),StaffARate=(.*?),StaffBRate=(.*?),staffCRate=(.*?),staffDRate=(.*?),StaffERate=(.*?),StaffFRate=(.*?),StaffGRate=(.*?),

3. Replace With code below, select Regular Expression radio button and Replace All;

StaffHitRate=100,StaffDrawCount=10,staffSppRate=100,staffSpRate=0,StaffSRate=0,StaffARate=0,StaffBRate=0,staffCRate=0,staffDRate=0,StaffERate=0,StaffFRate=0,StaffGRate=0,

4. Save file, Repackage using QARTOOL as detailed in guide above.

Explantion

What we have done here is take the values the game has for rewarding{?} you with certain soldiers and blanketed them with the values of S being a 100% hit. StaffDrawCount relates to how many are in the pool of each mission deployment. StaffXRate determines the rank of each soldier rewarded. I assume StaffHitRate is probability.

In other news, I think Ive got a vague idea of how to get the model stuff working thats been released on nexus, although the PS3 Versions file structure is nothing like the PCs :(
Last edited by doneo ; 09-14-2015 at 10:23 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo