06-27-2011, 01:56 AM #1
DCLXVI
Smoke weed.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); If you have a bad video card, but 4 gigs of ram or more, this tutorial will bring your fps up to about 80!

First, create a text file and name it "Minecraft.bat" (disable hiding extensions for known file types in your folder options if you cannot create a .bat file)

In the .bat, type this "@ECHO OFF
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx6144M -Xms6144M -jar "C:\Users\Skyler\Application Data\.minecraft\minecraft.exe""

Change the directories to match your own, and where it says xmx6144 and xms6144 type a number depending on the amount of RAM you have.

You can find the amount of RAM your computer has in your computer properties
You must login or register to view this content.

1 Gigabyte = 1024
2 Gigabytes = 2048
3 Gigabytes = 3072
4 Gigabytes = 4096
6 Gigabytes = 6144
8 Gigabytes = 8192
and so on..

I have 8 gigs of RAM, but i'd like to keep 2 gigs free for any background applications.

When you're done, open the .bat, it should open minecraft, if you have any problems quote this post and i'll help you =D

Proof that it works:

You can see that i have 6140 megabytes of memory allocated to minecraft, and im using 1.5 gigs of it
Last edited by DCLXVI ; 06-27-2011 at 01:59 AM.

The following 2 users say thank you to DCLXVI for this useful post:

FourzerotwoFAILS, xd366
07-09-2011, 08:40 PM #20
Murt
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by guy View Post
Yeah Um get the mod OptiFog + OptiMine for minecraft. Then set all the options to LOWEST and have ALL background processes closed and then open up your task manager and go to javaw.exe and set the priority to the highest. That will fix alot

kk thanks ill try and feed u back
07-09-2011, 09:00 PM #21
wite_guy
I-<3-2-1/2-6
It makes mine run a little different though
08-21-2011, 05:59 PM #22
easto1a
Do a barrel roll!
MC run much smoother now thanks Smile
08-31-2011, 01:10 PM #23
Ultimate-Playa
[s][move]NGU ELITE Dancing[/move][/s]
Originally posted by Equinox
If you have a bad video card, but 4 gigs of ram or more, this tutorial will bring your fps up to about 80!

First, create a text file and name it "Minecraft.bat" (disable hiding extensions for known file types in your folder options if you cannot create a .bat file)

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx6144M -Xms6144M -jar "C:\Users\Skyler\Application Data\.minecraft\minecraft.exe""

Change the directories to match your own, and where it says xmx6144 and xms6144 type a number depending on the amount of RAM you have.

1 Gigabyte = 1024
2 Gigabytes = 2048
3 Gigabytes = 3072
4 Gigabytes = 4096
6 Gigabytes = 6144
8 Gigabytes = 8192
and so on..

I have 8 gigs of RAM, but i'd like to keep 2 gigs free for any background applications.

When you're done, open the .bat, it should open minecraft, if you have any problems quote this post and i'll help you =D

Proof that it works:

You can see that i have 6140 megabytes of memory allocated to minecraft, and im using 1.5 gigs of it

So I do this if I have 2 gigs: CProgram Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe -Xmx2048M -Xms2048M -jar CUsers\Skyler\Application Data\.minecraft\minecraft.exe
08-31-2011, 03:23 PM #24
If you have a bad video card, but 4 gigs of ram or more, this tutorial will bring your fps up to about 80!

1 Gigabyte = 1024
2 Gigabytes = 2048
3 Gigabytes = 3072
4 Gigabytes = 4096
6 Gigabytes = 6144
8 Gigabytes = 8192
and so on..

Proof that it works:

Have a look at this picture.

Not sure what i am looking for.
09-03-2011, 08:56 AM #25
DUB 2.0
I like to type Smile

1 Gigabyte = 1024
2 Gigabytes = 2048
3 Gigabytes = 3072
4 Gigabytes = 4096
6 Gigabytes = 6144
8 Gigabytes = 8192
and so on..

Proof that it works:

This seems cool but it says that it cannot access the jar. Could you take a snapshot of the text file?
09-08-2011, 07:48 PM #26
rhys0065
Maggbot timeout!

1 Gigabyte = 1024
2 Gigabytes = 2048
3 Gigabytes = 3072
4 Gigabytes = 4096
6 Gigabytes = 6144
8 Gigabytes = 8192
and so on..

Proof that it works:

when i try open it the little cmd prompt comes up for like half a second then just goes away,it doesent open minecraft or anything
09-09-2011, 11:14 AM #27
Skyl1n3
DO SOMETHING THEN!

I just didn't understand that bit :\

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo