03-16-2011, 06:03 PM #1
Shieldsy
I <3 Feeder.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This is written by me for you, if for instance the skin changing system on minecraft.net isn't working Smile It is also useful if you have pirated Minecraft :p However, doing this is changing the default skin on the game, so if you go online everyone who hasn't changed their skin will have this Happy But still, a way to have a custom skin even in pirated =D

You need: An archiver (Winrar, 7zip etc)

Ok so first off find your skin Smile For this I personally go to TheSkindex, minecraftskins.com Smile

You must login or register to view this content.

I am going to choose this skin, Purple Penguin Smile

You want to choose this button, for download:

If for whatever reason you can't see the snapr, it is the down arrow onto the grey rectangle Smile

That should start off your download which should take seconds. When it is done save it somewhere memorable, I chose my desktop.

Then hit the Windows Button and R, or go into the start menu and select 'run'. Into there, type '%appdata' without the appostraphe's, and click ok Smile

The case doesn't matter =D

In the folder which opens, select '.minecraft', and then the 'bin' folder.

Once in there, right click the 'minecraft.jar' (it might just be called 'minecraft', and be classed as an Executable Jar File) folder and click 'open with...' and choose the archiver you're using, which for me is Winrar.

Once you have opened that, scroll down the page until you find 'char.png'.

This is your skin. Now reselect the skin you downloaded and copy it (CTRL + C). Go back into the archiver and paste (CTRL + V). If you use Winrar, a box will pop up. Just click ok Smile

Now you're done! Simply load up Minecraft and your skin should be changed =D I can't show you that because I don't have Minecraft on this netbook Winky Winky

Hope it worked for you!

FAQ:

Q: I can't find the char.png in the archiver?

A: Sometimes the char.png is actually in the subfolder 'mob', if it's not in the main folder is should be in there.

Q: When I paste in the skin, it comes up with errors?

A: Make sure Minecraft is fully closed. If it persists, go into Task Manager and look for 'javaw.exe' or something similar, and end the program. Retry pasting in the skin, and it should work Smile
Last edited by Shieldsy ; 04-16-2011 at 09:46 AM.

The following 6 users say thank you to Shieldsy for this useful post:

BenJii, Jomow, Josh, MidgetGangBang, NeedaFlameSoon, xXPolojackXx
03-16-2011, 06:04 PM #2
Good Work man, Thanks so much, Helped me out alot. :y: .
03-16-2011, 07:14 PM #3
BenJii
Previously +Ad BenJii
Don't play minecraft but it looks like you put a lot of work into that thread Smile Keep it up!
03-16-2011, 07:18 PM #4
Jesse
always mirin
Good tutorial! Keep up the good work :y:
03-16-2011, 07:47 PM #5
Deadpool
Cake is a lie
Posted before.
Closed.
03-16-2011, 08:09 PM #6
Reopened as this is a different tutorial.

The following 2 users say thank you to Travis for this useful post:

Lydey, Shieldsy
03-17-2011, 10:21 PM #7
AgentDragonPig
BLoODz-DrAgOn
looks really nice. thx!
03-18-2011, 02:45 AM #8
The Truth
Hai Im From Minecraft
I'm pretty sure the skins don't show up online.
03-18-2011, 04:01 PM #9
Shieldsy
I <3 Feeder.
I am not sure to be honest, I don't go online too much. I don't see why it wouldn't though Smile
03-19-2011, 04:33 PM #10
Shieldsy
I <3 Feeder.
Originally posted by The
I'm pretty sure the skins don't show up online.

I checked, they do for me Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo