09-07-2015, 05:07 PM #1
HMTTKB
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So today, I saw a tutorial [IDStorage] that allow me to dump my CID from my PSP and use it to unbanned my PS3. I follow the tutorial and did the dump but I couldn't find what I was looking for. So being a noob, I think that maybe if I delete that dump and try re-dumping again. So I delete the dump and now my PSP have a black screen when I turn it on. The green LED light is still on but with a black screen. I can't connect it to my computer either. Plus, I didn't find the deleted dump in my trash so yeah. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
09-09-2015, 04:49 PM #2
The_Gazra
League Champion
Originally posted by HMTTKB View Post
So today, I saw a tutorial [IDStorage] that allow me to dump my CID from my PSP and use it to unbanned my PS3. I follow the tutorial and did the dump but I couldn't find what I was looking for. So being a noob, I think that maybe if I delete that dump and try re-dumping again. So I delete the dump and now my PSP have a black screen when I turn it on. The green LED light is still on but with a black screen. I can't connect it to my computer either. Plus, I didn't find the deleted dump in my trash so yeah. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Well if you are on CFW then you should be able to get into the recovery menu.

Simply turn off your PSP completely and then hold the "R Trigger" and then turn the PSP on and it should boot into the recovery menu.

IF it does boot into the recovery menu then chances are you are not bricked but something may have gone wrong although I am not sure how.

If you get into the recovery menu try doing this.

I have tried to replicate the problem you have described but I have not been able to so I am not sure what you have done.

What PSP are you using and what CFW?
09-10-2015, 01:35 AM #3
HMTTKB
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Gazra View Post
Well if you are on CFW then you should be able to get into the recovery menu.

Simply turn off your PSP completely and then hold the "R Trigger" and then turn the PSP on and it should boot into the recovery menu.

IF it does boot into the recovery menu then chances are you are not bricked but something may have gone wrong although I am not sure how.

If you get into the recovery menu try doing this.

I have tried to replicate the problem you have described but I have not been able to so I am not sure what you have done.

What PSP are you using and what CFW?

Its a PSP-2001. I forgot what CFW was on it but I think it is a 5.50 VSH Menu. When I turn the PSP on, I will see the green light but it only lasted for 22 seconds and then it turn off. The screens just stay black. Plus, I cannot boot into recovery mode by holding the "R Trigger" and turning the PSP on.
Last edited by HMTTKB ; 09-10-2015 at 01:48 AM.
09-10-2015, 01:46 AM #4
The_Gazra
League Champion
Its a PSP-2001. I forgot what CFW was on it but I think it is a 5.50 VSH Menu. When I turn the PSP on, I will see the green light but it only lasted for 22 seconds and then it turn off. The screens just stay black.

Hmm well that is weird as far as I no if the power light comes on then goes off after some time (the time varies with each person) then you could possibly have a brick as you said.

Did you try to get into the recovery menu like I suggested?
09-10-2015, 01:59 AM #5
HMTTKB
Bounty hunter
Hmm well that is weird as far as I no if the power light comes on then goes off after some time (the time varies with each person) then you could possibly have a brick as you said.

Did you try to get into the recovery menu like I suggested?

I did try but there is still a black screen. Nothing shows up and the green light will just turn off after 20 seconds.
09-10-2015, 02:00 AM #6
The_Gazra
League Champion
I did try but there is still a black screen. Nothing shows up and the green light will just turn off after 20 seconds.

Yeah it sounds like you have bricked your PSP.

Stupid question but when you ran the dumper did you have it charged/charging or was it nearly dead?

I only ask incase it was dumping and died because it says that it needs at least 75% charge before hand.
09-10-2015, 02:06 AM #7
HMTTKB
Bounty hunter
Yeah it sounds like you have bricked your PSP.

Stupid question but when you ran the dumper did you have it charged/charging or was it nearly dead?

I only ask incase it was dumping and died because it says that it needs at least 75% charge before hand.

The PSP was near full charge and the dump was successfully. But I could't find the "keys" folder where the 0.0121.bin was located so I delete everything from the dump. The PSP was acting weird after I deleted all the files. Example, the "x" button wouldn't work. After about 1-2 minutes, the PSP just turn off and now wouldn't want to turn on.
09-10-2015, 02:16 AM #8
The_Gazra
League Champion
when you say you deleted the dump what exactly did you delete?

Did you delete the files through your PC?

or did you do it in the app?

The keys folder is on the memory card stored in the apps installed location.
09-11-2015, 06:19 PM #9
HMTTKB
Bounty hunter
when you say you deleted the dump what exactly did you delete?

Did you delete the files through your PC?

or did you do it in the app?

The keys folder is on the memory card stored in the apps installed location.

I deleted all the folders that was dump from the PSP through the computer. But when I check in the Trash Bin on my computer. The files/folders were not there.
09-11-2015, 06:21 PM #10
The_Gazra
League Champion
I deleted all the folders that was dump from the PSP through the computer. But when I check in the Trash Bin on my computer. The files/folders were not there.

Hmm that is unusual.

I think I am out of ideas maybe the PSP required something that was installed on the Memory Card and if you did delete all the files then that may be why it is causing it to be like it is.

Although I am not that sure to be honest I have never really had any problems like this so I don't think I would be able to try and help any more as I have no idea what the problem could be in all honesty.

Keep this thread open and someone with more experience may be able to shed some more light on the situation and possibly provide a fix.

The following user thanked The_Gazra for this useful post:

HMTTKB

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo