08-22-2013, 08:05 PM #1
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); A couple days ago a report was released showing that the mobile gaming market is four times bigger compared to the sales on the handheld platforms.
It only covers 3 months of the year but that's a pretty big gap.
Of course far more mobile devices compared to handheld devices which just a game so that's another factor.

Not sure about you but yet to even buy or play a game on my phone. And Handhelds cost too much in my eyes to be worth it but do offer some great titles.
And a number of Android based gaming platforms to appear on the market soon.

You must login or register to view this content.
08-23-2013, 05:34 AM #2
Just4Hax
"I will speak ill of
The reason it's so large is that it isn't necessary to go out and buy another piece of hardware. To begin with a 3DS you need at least $170. This device will only play games, and a few other neat features. Meanwhile, a smartphone can also play games, do everything a phone does more smoothly, and have a much larger marketplace of ideas.

Now that all being said, as of now mobile gaming doesn't compare to handhelds. Mobiles just don't have the capabilities handhelds do for obvious reasons. I love my 3DS XL and all of the titles I own for it. The only issue with handhelds is forking over the first deposit for your actual console.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo