11-03-2015, 04:10 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello all. I recently found out about backups and how to infect CFG yourself with them and been having a lot of fun trying out different CFG's. I recently installed JoshinHD's Public Cheater and fell in love with how simplistic and extremely well functioning his menu is, but found a few functions lackluster so I tried changing them myself, and after some trial and error succeeded ! And no I didn't change anything in my name xD I'm not a leecher.

Now I'd like to make my own menu, but different from the ones out there in the way that I'd like to make it JUST by using only keybindings to activate the mods. Problem is, I can't find a menu that requires you to press multiple buttons to activate a mod, or the menu ( best example is holding the aim button and knifing ) that I can download and take a look at the code to figure out how it's done.

So my question is, how would one go about making it so that it activates a mod when multiple buttons are pressed ? Assuming it's not impossible anymore. And if it isn't, would it be stable by just doing it this way compared to having an actual menu ?

Thanks in advance Smile
11-04-2015, 12:59 PM #2
seanhellen
Are you high?
not sure you can do button A + button B to open, but you can do Button A, then Button B to open? Eg, press select, then dpad_up to open, you could do something like this;

bind BUTTON_BACK "vstr Key2";
set Key2 "bind DPAD_UP Open";
vstr open "stuff to open menu...shaders, text, etc"

I think that should work
11-04-2015, 01:31 PM #3
Unfortunately that's not what I want. I have however come up with a solution which is similar to what you suggests. I will instead just bind DPAD_UP and DPAD_DOWN to make it sort through 2 different bindings sets. I'll have an idea on how to make it now, so thanks for that ! I'll be trying to make it and release it when it's done x)
11-04-2015, 03:57 PM #4
seanhellen
Are you high?
O well i tried lol. Good luck with it Smile
11-04-2015, 05:07 PM #5
Thanks Smile I got another question if anyone can answer it. Almost finished my mod menu, but I need to know if it's possible to reset a dvar you costumized. For example let's say I costumize the team colours ingame with the press of a button, is there a code to reset it back to the original state it was in ? I'm asking because my mod menu uses JoshinHD's base and it leaves behind an ugly ":0" on screen. The DVAR used is ;

set ui_debug_localVarString TextForMenuInHere

Problem is, if I close the menu and set that "TextForMenuInHere" to a ^0 or ^0_ it'll keep showing an ugly ": 0" onscreen. I'd like to reset that code back to it's original state if possible.
11-06-2015, 09:45 AM #6
seanhellen
Are you high?
I know alot of dvars (like timelimit for example) can be reset by putting "reset" dvar instead of "set dvar 1" so could try that

reset ui_debug_localVarString TextForMenuInHere
11-06-2015, 08:46 PM #7
Reset didn't work,but decided to use the menu base from DisturbedModding.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo