01-07-2016, 07:01 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); my friend is a modder and he wants to HOST a buttons_default cfg infection for mw2. i made the buttons_default file but i don't know where to put it or what the extension should be.
i've been looking for the past hour. please help.
01-07-2016, 08:23 AM #2
Originally posted by OpTek View Post
my friend is a modder and he wants to HOST a buttons_default cfg infection for mw2. i made the buttons_default file but i don't know where to put it or what the extension should be.

Moved to MW2 CFG USB Mod Questions.
01-08-2016, 07:13 PM #3
-Numb
You talkin to me?
my friend is a modder and he wants to HOST a buttons_default cfg infection for mw2. i made the buttons_default file but i don't know where to put it or what the extension should be.

Put the buttons_default.cfg on the root of your USB and plug it in to your ps3 in the right slot.
Then get the cfg infection, go to split screen, and start the game.
When the game starts it will load the buttons_default file from your USB.
01-11-2016, 03:44 AM #4
Originally posted by Numb View Post
Put the buttons_default.cfg on the root of your USB and plug it in to your ps3 in the right slot.
Then get the cfg infection, go to split screen, and start the game.
When the game starts it will load the buttons_default file from your USB.

I know how to be infected but my friend wants to know how HE can HOST a cfg infection for ME
01-14-2016, 02:24 PM #5
edub
Are you high?
I know how to be infected but my friend wants to know how HE can HOST a cfg infection for ME

Your FRIEND needs to be infected with a CFG Infection. He needs a file on his USB called "buttons_default.cfg"
.cfg is the file extension, honestly not sure how you didn't find this.
He needs to put his USB with the buttons_default.cfg file in the root (no folders or anything) and put it in the most right USB slot on his PS3 (closest to CD drive).
Then he proceeds to do the normal process of using a CFG Infection.
Then he can use the mod menu as he wants, he needs to hover over an "Infections" option, and click on CFG Infection or something like that.
Hope I helped. Another way of going about this is to use a modded backup with a mod menu on it, that way there isn't need for any CFG Infections. YouTube has a ton of tutorials for that :p
01-14-2016, 10:22 PM #6
Originally posted by edub View Post
Your FRIEND needs to be infected with a CFG Infection. He needs a file on his USB called "buttons_default.cfg"
.cfg is the file extension, honestly not sure how you didn't find this.
He needs to put his USB with the buttons_default.cfg file in the root (no folders or anything) and put it in the most right USB slot on his PS3 (closest to CD drive).
Then he proceeds to do the normal process of using a CFG Infection.
Then he can use the mod menu as he wants, he needs to hover over an "Infections" option, and click on CFG Infection or something like that.
Hope I helped. Another way of going about this is to use a modded backup with a mod menu on it, that way there isn't need for any CFG Infections. YouTube has a ton of tutorials for that :p

my friend has a jailbroken ps3 and i have seen people save the cfg infection as a map so they just open the map and its a cfg infection. also everytime i go to youtube and search it its just how to get into a cfg infection, not how to host one.
01-14-2016, 11:05 PM #7
Egzec
Big Daddy
my friend has a jailbroken ps3 and i have seen people save the cfg infection as a map so they just open the map and its a cfg infection. also everytime i go to youtube and search it its just how to get into a cfg infection, not how to host one.

If you're talking about the CFG Infection code then it's this:
    "ui_mapname \""mp_rust;bind BUTTON_BACK exec ../../../dev_usb000/buttons_default.cfg"

The following user thanked Egzec for this useful post:

PhAs_OpTek
01-15-2016, 03:13 AM #8
edub
Are you high?

The people who have the CFG Infection as a map are using custom patches (.ff menus). One I would recommend using would be You must login or register to view this content.
Your friend can look up on YouTube "How to install MW2 Patches on 1.14"

The following user thanked edub for this useful post:

PhAs_OpTek

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo