Post: TUTORIAL: How to Bypass MW2 on OFW 4.70. || Host MW2 Online Without A Jailbroken PS3
01-31-2015, 05:49 PM #1
JokerRey
League Champion
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey Guys Woot

The following tutorial is how to bypass MW2 1.14 patch so you can play in old school 1.11/GSC lobbies. There will be a separate tutorial at the bottom of this thread in a spoiler which will show you how to put a modified patch on your OFW 4.70 PS3. [/COLOR]

I am not responsible if you damage your console in any way. Use this at your own risk.

Okay, so we all know that people with jailbroken PS3's can get on bypass by deleting the default_mp.self file in a file manager application, Us OFW folks haven't been so lucky with the patching on EliteMossys Patch Blocker, But now, we can get back on MW2 bypass with this method. Its not new but I couldn't find many good tutorials tutorials on the internet, so I decided to put it all here for everyone to follow.. It's time to bring MW2 GSC menus back from the dead Winky Winky This tutorial should be totally noob proof. So here it is.

Step 1: Download this file. You must login or register to view this content.

Step 2: Rename the file to PS3UPDAT.PUP

Step 3: Create a folder named
    PS3
and then inside that folder create a new folder and call it
    UPDATE

Step 4: Put the PS3UPDAT.PUP file in the UPDATE folder.

Step 5: Plug your USB into your computer and copy the PS3 folder into the USB. (You should have a folder named PS3 and another inside that named UPDATE and a file inside that called PS3UPDAT.PUP)

Step 6: Now unplug your USB and plug in into your PS3.

Step 7: Now, You must put your PS3 into recovery mode. This is very simple to do, Just follow this method.

1. Turn off Playstation®3.
  • 2. Hold The power button down without releasing it; The system will turn on and turn off once again.
  • 3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
  • 4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
  • 5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button
  • 6. The Recovery menu will pop up.

The recovery menu should look like this.
You must login or register to view this content.

Step 8: Make sure your USB is in your ps3 and Go down to system update and click X.

Step 9: Update Your PS3. Quite self explanatory. Just follow the on screen instructions.

Step 10: When your PS3 turns back on, it should say "4.66 Demonstration Mode" in the bottom right hand corner.

Step 11: Now go over to settings, then go to security settings.

Step 12: Now whilst hovering over security settings, Push L1, R1, Select and Square at the same time

Step 13: Now enter this passcode: 0000
(If that doesn't work, try 8783 or 6258 )

Step 14: Go over to game data utility, delete your mw2 patch.

Step 15: Sign in, Start up MW2 and go online!

See you's on MW2 bypass Winky Winky

WhiteWater v6.0 Bypass Patch is coming soon Happy

___________________________________________________________________________________________

To revert back to 4.70 OFW, follow the exact same steps as above except use this file: You must login or register to view this content.

HOSTING MW2 LOBBIES WITHOUT A JAILBREAK ON 1.11 ONLINE:

This tutorial can also be used to host your own online modded lobbies without a jailbreak. First follow this tutorial on putting a 1.11 patch on your PS3: You must login or register to view this content.

After you've done that, Follow the tutorial I posted above, except DO NOT do step 14. Don't delete the MW2 patch.

Hosting on MW2 without a jailbreak is back Winky Winky

If you don't want to host MW2 patches on bypass, You can alternatively just follow this tut above and join other lobbies. The choice is yours =D

Please donate to my paypal if you want Know what I mean : [email protected]
Last edited by JokerRey ; 06-26-2015 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Updated for 4.70 Update

The following 16 users say thank you to JokerRey for this useful post:

Creation-_-Tide, CustomSilent-, EternalHabit, homeedog, iRnZ, jeffmysterio619, MODZ4FUN420, nullerdk, RTE, SaberNGU, Silent Assassin, Synergy, UnHolyModz, x TwiisT x, zOblivious
01-31-2015, 06:10 PM #2
SC58
Former Staff
This has been posted many of time and most ppl already know this lol
01-31-2015, 06:13 PM #3
JokerRey
League Champion
Originally posted by SC58 View Post
This has been posted many of time and most ppl already know this lol

I'm not going to lie, I've been back on the scene after a long break and I had no clue about this.. So most people don't know about it. Atleast there is a proper tut now for people to follow Smile

The following user thanked JokerRey for this useful post:

kistog
01-31-2015, 06:17 PM #4
I'd love to see bypass make a comeback and to see a WhiteWater v6 Smile

Edit: Wouldn't OFW users be able to use a patch if they use PS3Xport method then use this kiosk fw? Just thought about that lol.
Last edited by CustomSilent- ; 01-31-2015 at 06:54 PM.
01-31-2015, 06:33 PM #5
JokerRey
League Champion
Originally posted by SilentH4CKz View Post
I'd love to see bypass make a comeback and to see a WhiteWater v6 Smile

WhiteWater v6 is on the way Winky Winky
01-31-2015, 07:02 PM #6
nullerdk
Are you high?
Originally posted by JokerRey View Post
Hey Guys Woot

HOSTING MW2 LOBBIES WITHOUT A JAILBREAK ON 1.11 ONLINE:
This tutorial can also be used to host your own online modded lobbies without a jailbreak. First follow this tutorial on putting a 1.11 patch on your PS3: You must login or register to view this content.

After you've done that, Follow the tutorial I posted below, except DO NOT do step 14. Don't delete the MW2 patch.

Hosting on MW2 without a jailbreak is back Winky Winky

If you don't want to host MW2 patches on bypass, You can alternatively just follow this tut below and join other lobbies. The choice is yours =D

Okay, so we all know that people with jailbroken PS3's can get on bypass by deleting the default_mp.self file in a file manager application, Us OFW folks haven't been so lucky with the patching on EliteMossys Patch Blocker, But now, we can get back on MW2 bypass with this method. Its not new but I couldn't find many good tutorials (if any) tutorials on the internet.. It's time to bring MW2 GSC menus back from the dead Winky Winky This tutorial should be totally noob proof. So here it is.

Step 1: Download this file. You must login or register to view this content.

Step 2: Rename the file to PS3UPDAT.PUP

Step 3: Create a folder named
    PS3
and then inside that folder create a new folder and call it
    UPDATE

Step 4: Put the PS3UPDAT.PUP file in the UPDATE folder.

Step 5: Plug your USB into your computer and copy the PS3 folder into the USB. (You should have a folder named PS3 and another inside that named UPDATE and a file inside that called PS3UPDAT.PUP)

Step 6: Now unplug your USB and plug in into your PS3.

Step 7: Now, You must put your PS3 into recovery mode. This is very simple to do, Just follow this method.

1. Turn off Playstation®3.
  • 2. Hold The power button down without releasing it; The system will turn on and turn off once again.
  • 3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
  • 4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
  • 5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button
  • 6. The Recovery menu will pop up.

The recovery menu should look like this.
You must login or register to view this content.

Step 8: Make sure your USB is in your ps3 and Go down to system update and click X.

Step 9: Update Your PS3. Quite self explanatory. Just follow the on screen instructions.

Step 10: When your PS3 turns back on, it should say "4.66 Demonstration Mode" in the bottom right hand corner.

Step 11: Now go over to settings, then go to security settings.

Step 12: Now whilst hovering over security settings, Push L1, R1, Select and Square at the same time

Step 13: Now enter this passcode: 0000
(If that doesn't work, try 8783 or 6258 )

Step 14: Go over to game data utility, delete your mw2 patch.

Step 15: Sign in, Start up MW2 and go online!

See you's on MW2 bypass Winky Winky

WhiteWater v6.0 Bypass Patch is coming soon Happy

___________________________________________________________________________________________

To revert back to 4.66 OFW, follow the exact same steps as above except use this file: You must login or register to view this content.

Please donate to my paypal if you want Know what I mean : [email protected]

Nice to see a legend back in gameClapsClapsClapsClapsClapsClapsClaps

The following user thanked nullerdk for this useful post:

JokerRey
01-31-2015, 07:12 PM #7
JokerRey
League Champion
Originally posted by nullerdk View Post
Nice to see a legend back in gameClapsClapsClapsClapsClapsClapsClaps

Thanks Man Tiphat
01-31-2015, 08:57 PM #8
I need dl
02-01-2015, 04:00 PM #9
SC58
Former Staff
Originally posted by JokerRey View Post
I'm not going to lie, I've been back on the scene after a long break and I had no clue about this.. So most people don't know about it. Atleast there is a proper tut now for people to follow Smile

Yeah but you can do most all GSC stuff in real time on the latest update and it be stable using sprx, i would do you menu on that instead of bypass and it won't never be like it was 2 years ago on bypass.
02-01-2015, 07:33 PM #10
OMFCKG GODD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO IF THIS TUO WAS OUT IN AUGUST 2014 I NEVER BUY A JAILBREAK !!! IT's VERY AWESOME I WILL MAKE A TUT ON MY CHANNEL SOON AND OMG WHITE WATER V6 PLZ MAKE A SCREENSHOT !! Please jokerey

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo