03-10-2018, 12:57 AM #1
Restrain
CoD Services
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So, recently i hooked up my CFW again. Tried to play some MW3 and I got a black screen. So i deleted the update and reinstalled it. Booted up fine, replaced original CEX EBOOT with a DEX version. Froze on launch, with a black screen. I noticed a few people are having the same issue as well. I tried various SPRX menu, including my personal menus and still freeze. I put back my original EBOOT (CEX) and got a black screen.

Any idea what's going? I doubt the Developers decided to hotfix this dead game out of nowhere.
And please don't start with, "Make sure your EBOOT loads the sprx file name" i'm not a noob, I know how it all works. And yes I'm on DEX, CEX is useless to me.
03-10-2018, 05:18 AM #2
I was one of the people that got a black screen/freeze with your ACS SPRX. I'm using a cracked SPRX (which I won't name outside of PMs) which works fine. Does something known to work like Black Genisys work for you?
03-10-2018, 12:30 PM #3
kiwi_modz
I defeated!
Originally posted by Restrain View Post
So, recently i hooked up my CFW again. Tried to play some MW3 and I got a black screen. So i deleted the update and reinstalled it. Booted up fine, replaced original CEX EBOOT with a DEX version. Froze on launch, with a black screen. I noticed a few people are having the same issue as well. I tried various SPRX menu, including my personal menus and still freeze. I put back my original EBOOT (CEX) and got a black screen.

Any idea what's going? I doubt the Developers decided to hotfix this dead game out of nowhere.
And please don't start with, "Make sure your EBOOT loads the sprx file name" i'm not a noob, I know how it all works. And yes I'm on DEX, CEX is useless to me.

A few things could be causing this.
What firmware are you on?
If your on Rebug (highly recommended) make sure your on the latest, especially when it comes to loading prx's as for my menu, it was compiled on the 4.75 sdk, that means anyone below that firmware had issues.
Make sure your not disabling Sys calls.
If you recently updated on a rebug firmware there's a bug in the rebug toolbox which gives you a false status on Cex target and or Dex target.
Delete rebug tool box and install the updated one found in the pkg manager then check and or change target.
You will also need cobra and Webman enabled. Most cases you'll only need cobra.

Hope any of this can help. If the problem still occurs then try different eboot and menus.
03-10-2018, 03:38 PM #4
Restrain
CoD Services
Originally posted by modz View Post
If your on Rebug (highly recommended) make sure your on the latest, especially when it comes to loading prx's as for my menu, it was compiled on the 4.75 sdk, that means anyone below that firmware had issues.
If you recently updated on a rebug firmware there's a bug in the rebug toolbox which gives you a false status on Cex target and or Dex target.
Delete rebug tool box and install the updated one found in the pkg manager then check and or change target.

Hope any of this can help. If the problem still occurs then try different eboot and menus.

My rebug settings are, System Mode: Normal
Debug Menu Type: DEX
Cobra Mode: Enabled
webMAN: Enabled

Also, noticed my LV2 kernel is CEX? I never changed it. When i attempt to change it I get "Incompatible Firmware version or error occured". I haven't touched my CFW in a while.
03-10-2018, 03:40 PM #5
Restrain
CoD Services
Originally posted by modz View Post

My rebug settings are, System Mode: Normal
Debug Menu Type: DEX
Cobra Mode: Enabled
webMAN: Enabled

Also, noticed my LV2 kernel is CEX? I never changed it. When i attempt to change it I get "Incompatible Firmware version or error occured". I haven't touched my CFW in a while.
03-10-2018, 04:41 PM #6
Restrain
CoD Services
Problem has been fixed. I Enabled sys calls again. Was causing the problem, it changed my LV2 Kernel to CEX.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo