Post: MW3 Black Screen after inserting a modded EBOOT plus SPRX menu from OStankyModz
12-04-2016, 09:56 PM #1
Aburak99
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello everyone!
Recently, I downloaded Modern Warfare 3 for my PS3 with the region code of BLUS30838. I also did some research and found some SPRX menus which is my favorite part of modding games Smile
But MW3 is a bit tricky. I have managed to insert SPRX Menus and also EBOOT for BO1 and BO2 nothing more.
Sadly I haven't been able to fix the issue that occurs after the input of the EBOOT for MW3. The game works completely fine with its original EBOOT (duh..) but after input of the modded EBOOT I get a black screen at start up and my controller freezes as well as my PS3.
I have tried many SPRX menus and EBOOTs (most of them are from NGU for example, Crystalized) but I haven't managed to do any progress. What am I doing wrong here? Would be appreciated to get a quick answer.
Cheers!

The SPRX Menu and EBOOT are transferred by FileZilla.
I am running on Rebug 4.80.1 on a Fat PS3
MW3 version: 1.24
SPRX and EBOOT: made for 1.24 (hope so) by OStankyModz

SPRX Menu: /dev_hdd0---> tmp--->xxxxx.sprx
EBOOT: /dev_hdd0--->game--->BLUS30838--->USRDIR--->replace EBOOT.BIN (or rename original EBOOT to (EBOOT.BIN orig) and then transfer modded EBOOT.BIN)
12-04-2016, 10:37 PM #2
Father Luckeyy
Retired - Lead Content Manager
Originally posted by Aburak99 View Post
Hello everyone!
Recently, I downloaded Modern Warfare 3 for my PS3 with the region code of BLUS30838. I also did some research and found some SPRX menus which is my favorite part of modding games Smile
But MW3 is a bit tricky. I have managed to insert SPRX Menus and also EBOOT for BO1 and BO2 nothing more.
Sadly I haven't been able to fix the issue that occurs after the input of the EBOOT for MW3. The game works completely fine with its original EBOOT (duh..) but after input of the modded EBOOT I get a black screen at start up and my controller freezes as well as my PS3.
I have tried many SPRX menus and EBOOTs (most of them are from NGU for example, Crystalized) but I haven't managed to do any progress. What am I doing wrong here? Would be appreciated to get a quick answer.
Cheers!

EBOOT: /dev_hdd0--->game--->BLUS30838--->USRDIR--->replace EBOOT.BIN (or rename original EBOOT to (EBOOT.BIN orig) and then transfer modded EBOOT.BIN)

Use my EBOOTS they also have SPRX plugin You must login or register to view this content.
12-04-2016, 10:40 PM #3
Kronos
Former Staff
Hello everyone!
Cheers!

Are you on DEX? most eboots and SPRX menus requre DEX PS3s as they usually come with Debug Eboots as they are not region dependant, so make sure you are on DEX or the eboot wont load.
12-05-2016, 10:43 AM #4
Aburak99
Save Point
Originally posted by Luckeyy View Post
Use my EBOOTS they also have SPRX plugin You must login or register to view this content.

Alright, I will try! I will inform you if it was successful...
12-05-2016, 10:44 AM #5
Aburak99
Save Point
Originally posted by Kronos View Post
Are you on DEX? most eboots and SPRX menus requre DEX PS3s as they usually come with Debug Eboots as they are not region dependant, so make sure you are on DEX or the eboot wont load.

Sorry, forgot to say that I am operating on a DEX system...
12-05-2016, 06:19 PM #6
Aburak99
Save Point

Sorry, it seems not to work at all. Any more ideas? According to my information I gave to you, is there anything I have missed? I have watched many videos and examples about where the SPRX and EBOOT should be placed in and I did everything? What can I do know?
12-05-2016, 06:22 PM #7
Father Luckeyy
Sorry, it seems not to work at all. Any more ideas? According to my information I gave to you, is there anything I have missed? I have watched many videos and examples about where the SPRX and EBOOT should be placed in and I did everything? What can I do know?

My EBOOT.BIN works. You have to rename the SPRX menu ti whatever the EBOOT.BIN calls it for. Mines you rename the sprx menu to " MW3.sprx ".
Install SPRX: dev_hdd0/TMP
Install EBOOT.BIN: dev_hdd0/game/your region/USDIR/EBOOT.BIN
12-06-2016, 08:00 AM #8
Aburak99
Save Point
My EBOOT.BIN works. You have to rename the SPRX menu ti whatever the EBOOT.BIN calls it for. Mines you rename the sprx menu to " MW3.sprx ".
Install SPRX: dev_hdd0/TMP
Install EBOOT.BIN: dev_hdd0/game/your region/USDIR/EBOOT.BIN

So if I get this correctly, you want me to rename my current SPRX menu to MW3.sprx? Thus in your file there is only an EBOOT.BIN file.
12-06-2016, 04:17 PM #9
Father Luckeyy
So if I get this correctly, you want me to rename my current SPRX menu to MW3.sprx? Thus in your file there is only an EBOOT.BIN file.

I said to rename it to MW3.sprx for whatever sprx menu you are using
12-06-2016, 05:38 PM #10
Aburak99
Save Point
I said to rename it to MW3.sprx for whatever sprx menu you are using

I am sorry but your EBOOT.BIN is not working before and after renaming the sprx menu...

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo