03-10-2014, 08:02 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi, i recently downloaded cod4 Mod Tools for my MAC to be able to edit cod4 maps. I know it is not made for a mac but cod4 compile tools i can run on my mac through Wine. when i open compile tools and go to preferences and go to browse to find the cod4 app (Its what you need to do) I cant find the cod4 app. every time i try it says "not a valid cod4 path" please help....
03-10-2014, 08:12 PM #2
Originally posted by Laim
As it's the Windows Version of the tool, and you're on a mac, it could be looking for the Windows files, not the mac ones. What version of COD4 are you trying to modify?

- Also moved section.

version 1.7.2 i know it is made for windows. thats why i need to know where to locate the file on a mac.
03-10-2014, 08:18 PM #3
As it's the Windows Version of the tool, and you're on a mac, it could be looking for the Windows files, not the mac ones. What version of COD4 are you trying to modify?

- Also moved section.

If you need me to i can post screenshots.
03-10-2014, 09:13 PM #4
This is going off memory as It's been a while since I did it. If you purchased the mac store version it's here:
/Applications/Call of Duty 4.app/Contents/Call of Duty 4

Steam versions:
Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Steam
Windows: C: \Program Files (x86)\Steam or C:\Program Files\Steam

For the steam version you'll want to go into SteamApps > Common (I think it's called Common) and your games will be in there, you'll also find the files (I assume) you're looking for.

I got the app store version. but when i do /Applications/Call of Duty 4.app/Contents/Call of Duty 4 through the browse it comes up with "not a valid cod4 path"
03-10-2014, 10:38 PM #5
Hmm.. It could be because it's a mac copy of the game modding via Windows tools.

Is there any way i can do it?
03-10-2014, 10:39 PM #6
Hmm.. It could be because it's a mac copy of the game modding via Windows tools.

Unless theres another way to make it compatible for mac
03-10-2014, 11:15 PM #7
Thanks man Smile
03-11-2014, 03:38 AM #8
Honestly, I don't believe there is. Ill look online though and get back to you.

So i found some kid who did it on a mac (
) but it does not show how to do the preferences thing :/
03-11-2014, 04:51 PM #9
Honestly, I don't believe there is. Ill look online though and get back to you.

I found some kid who did it on a mac. but i cant figure out what he did for the browse
03-12-2014, 07:23 PM #10
Sorry I was away yesterday at a gig in Glasgow. Ill start looking for you now. It shouldn't be as hard as it seems, not sure why you're having issues. Could be anything though. :p

Thank you man, your a life saver!! i reeeeaaalllyyy want to be able to edit maps. it would be a blessing if you can find it for me Smile
Last edited by SiZzlinG ; 03-12-2014 at 07:27 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo