07-27-2011, 08:29 PM #1
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi, some of you have seen me on this forum while some of you have not. If not, I would like to say hello.

Now that that is done and over with I would like to welcome you all to my Quick Tip Guide for Visual Studios (2008-2010). I will be including detailed step by step instructions on different methods to accomplish different tasks. Not everything will be covered but some of the more basic codes will. This guide is meant for beginners to help get them into VB.Net and understand and code a little bit better. All suggestions and or possible codes to be added to this thread will be read and possibly added.

Thank you, please enjoy and let the teaching begin.
-----------
(As the insert page isn't working, I will be doing this for now).
-----------

Step 1) Installing VB.Net

You must login or register to view this content. to download VB.Net.
When you download, you will be given 30 day free trial, afterwards to use it you will be required to register your product for FREE.
Now that you have it registered, It is yours to stay and use for whatever you like.

Step 2) Getting Started

When you first open up VB.Net you see an page with:
New Project...
Open Project...

Recent Projects...

Now since you are new to using it you will have nothing recent or nothing to open so please select New Project.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10385[/ATTACH]

A new screen shall appear in the center of VB.Net application menu, this will contain a few different selections. We will go with Windows Form Application.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10386[/ATTACH]

We are going to name it "Getting Started". Press ok.

When you load, we will need to get 3 things to appear, Toolbar, Properties, and Solution Explorer.
Solution Explorer should already be open. Toolbar will be a box on the left and to get properties, right click on the white part of the screen and click properties, this will bring this up. When you are done it should look something similar to mine.

You must login or register to view this content.

---------
I will add on later with images.
More things to come. Smile
Last edited by Pichu ; 07-27-2011 at 09:40 PM.

The following user thanked Pichu for this useful post:

GodDrinksPepsi
07-27-2011, 08:36 PM #2
erbisme4
Penn State '16
Originally posted by Sick
Hi, some of you have seen me on this forum while some of you have not. If not, I would like to say hello.Now that that is done and over with I would like to welcome you all to my Quick Tip Guide for Visual Studios (2008-2010). I will be including detailed step by step instructions on different methods to accomplish different tasks. Not everything will be covered but some of the more basic codes will. This guide is meant for beginners to help get them into VB.Net and understand and code a little bit better. All suggestions and or possible codes to be added to this thread will be read and possibly added.Thank you, please enjoy and let the teaching begin.-----------(As the insert page isn't working, I will be doing this for now).-----------Step 1) Installing VB.NetYou must login or register to view this content. to download VB.Net.When you download, you will be given 30 day free trial, afterwards to use it you will be required to register your product for FREE.Now that you have it registered, It is yours to stay and use for whatever you like.---------I will add on later with images.More things to come. Smile
Hey thanks for thisWinky Winky
07-27-2011, 08:47 PM #3
GodDrinksPepsi
League Champion
Thanks even though you havent posted any tips yet on the thread =D

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo