08-24-2014, 06:47 PM #1
Absolute Zero
Do your homework, fool.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
IRC Client and IRC Overview
by Absolute Zero

What is IRC?

IRC is a chat protocol, otherwise known as Internet Relay Chat. IRC is great because: it is unmonitored, it is free, and you can assemble your own clients for customization purposes.

What is IRC used for?
IRC is used for many things: Company interaction, community gatherings, hacking, personal messages, etc. There are many uses other than these, this was to just name a few.

What can I use IRC for?
Anything you want! You could make a clan chat, a community chat, or just use it to talk to your friends in private.

How do I use IRC?
In order to use IRC you need the following:
-A client
-A server (free servers can be found anywhere: You must login or register to view this content.)
-A port (found with the servers)

Once you get a client, you start it up, enter the server name, port listening number, a username and a room name. NOTE: No spaces, capitals work but I like to go all lowercase just to be safe. Rooms are free, if the room you choose isn't yet a room on the server it automatically creates it. Also, you need to make sure that you and your friend are in the same room on the same server to be able to chat.

IRC Client - C#, Source included

About
Hey NGU, today I thought I would bring something new to the site, I haven't seen anything on this subject. This program is an IRC Client. If you don't know what an IRC client is, please read above for more information on what IRC is as a whole.

Screenshots
You must login or register to view this content.

Tips & Warnings
-This program was designed for basic chatting, if enough people like/use this, I will update and add PM Support, as well as emoticons.
-Special features currently: Right click for the clear option in the chatbox.
-If you want to make your own from scratch, the source includes the IrcClient DLL.
-There are no warnings other than: No spaces in your name, or room name.

Download & Virus Scan

Detection: 0/55

Well guys, I hope you learn from the source and enjoy the program Happy

The following 9 users say thank you to Absolute Zero for this useful post:

RawDog2002, BaSs_HaXoR, Cyb3r, Eddie Mac, Father Luckeyy, flynhigh09, John, seb5594, xSlinkeyy
08-24-2014, 06:53 PM #2
Eddie Mac
At least I can fight
Nice work man, always bringing something new to the table. Hopefully people can have some fun and learn from this.

The following user thanked Eddie Mac for this useful post:

Absolute Zero

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo