Thread: What happened?

1. Join Date Aug 2008

Posts 4,873

Membership Donator

07-21-2011 04:16 PM #1 What happened?

Well, yes, we got hacked. We have put everything back to normal though. We restored to a day old backup, and upgraded from vBulletin 4.1.3 PL1 to 4.1.4 PL2. We believe we were hacked via an exploit that allows for SQL injection, which is what the patch was for, so that is why we were updated. However, one other possibility was that an admin was keylogged, and although we haven't confirmed this yet, it is advised that if any of you used any tool by Relevent, especially including the SB tool Kit, that you uninstall it and run a full system virus scan immediately. The administrator of another website one way or another used a method to hack us, change our index page, steal all the files off of our server, and steal our database. This is why upon reentry to NGU all users and staff will be required to change their passwords. For security purposes, admins passwords, even those who aren't on, have already been changed. The database was put up for sale and supposedly sold, but again, it is useless due to the fact that all user's passwords will be changed. However, PM's may become vulnerable, for it is recommended that if you sent any vulnerable information via PM or VM, that you change any details that could be at risk.

All secret words and pass phrases will also all be disused from now on. An alternate method of getting your account back will be devised instead.

I sincerely apoligize for this guys, and for the downtime, but we wanted to make sure everything was secure again. And rest assured, those parties responsible for this will pay, and although most of you know the website related to it, I DO NOT under any circumstances go to that website and cause shit. We are gonna deal with this in a professional, mature, and legal manner. The only thing any of you guys could do is stir up more shit.

Also, give a big thanks to magglass1 for being on top of the issue, and to Enzo for helping to sort out some of the issues caused by the upgrade.

Thank You for your time and continuing to be loyal, even through all this. -Carling, Enzo, Magglass, Jim, and all the other staff at NGU.

2. The Following 166 Users Say Thank You to NP Carling26 For This Useful Post:

JordanCarr, Ⓞⓚⓐⓜⓘ, ---CERTIFIED---, -Daemon-, -Google-, -Luis7uarez-, -{OVOXO}-, .Andy, Gaia, .Trent, @KLukas94, Alex, Alpha, AMNE, anddrew, Arvindian, Asmel, Assassin, BAMF, Based God, Ben, Bibbster94, bmxrcodol04, BooshMayne, Boxxxxyyy, BriceC, Calebbeast, Callum., chrisdogg, Chrome, Chronos, cjmurder123, Classy., CleanMODSHD, Clive, Clutch Hunterr, Cody_h4x, Cole MacGrath, Como's Hoe #1, Cpt.Hayden, Cpt.Slow, Crave., CrazzyDexter407, Crunk, Cryptic Soldier, Curt, cyberdoc, D@ EnVvY!, dakleene, Dante., DCLXVI, Drackos, drunkenrepublicn, Dubsy, Jared, I Like Turtles, EZ., FoxkaZ, Fuser's Hoe, getxscared, gola, Gotham_Shadow, John McClane, HecmanHD, Hondarydr, iDelete, iDinosaurr, Imtravvy, IRAQ, IRiSe_GodFather, Bichote, JakeM, Jakob, Janne, Jannis96, johnw6619, JOT, Judgement, Kanye West, keithfin, killa skillz, Laney, lbalancel, LEzStarz, Lucy Pinder, Man of Steel, marios50, Raymond Reddington, MCPADDINGTON, Mikeisking, Modus, Monster-Energy, Mr Grumpy, Mr. Star, MrJC, Rain, Mugen904, N.W.A, Nas., NeedaLifeSoon, Ninja, NJN, NODSTERR, Octavia, oO_NeoN, waltuO, Pauly, PhantomRenegade, Phrenzy, Pichu, Proboscis, PussayPatrol, RayJ_chugs, Reaper, ResistTheSun, RETRO-STATE, Rip The Jacker, RS*_Depression, Sasuke Uchiha, Sempiternal, Shadoh, Sicarius, Skyl1n3, Slashey, Sleazy, Smiithy2010, Smokin420, Snow Flakes, Soldier., Solid Snake, St0rM, Stack0verfl0w, SU44K8 The Scrooge, SuperGamecube64, Swade, SwA_x_iBeaTs, TEXAS24_ReStEr, thalx, The Epic, The Open Minded, TheBryant, TheMagicPancake, ThereThatGuy, uG~Designs, Uk_ViiPeR, UnoDeluxe, UnrealReality, UnTaMeD-KiD, Vectriixx, VHS, Weescotty, WiKKiD, wowaka, xFLAMeHD_, xIEpidemic, xOMANx, xRafiq-, ~SpongeBob

Smokin420 Used2B Kelston813

Join Date Aug 2010

Posts 1,797

Membership Donator

07-22-2011 04:10 AM #121

Quote Originally Posted by Winning View Post
    I lost 100K vBux
    Liked because of your name

Smiithy2010 What You Looking At Fool?

Join Date Dec 2010

Posts 288

Membership Donator

07-22-2011 04:34 AM #122

Cheers for the info bro Glad to see were back online now though
    My Gamertag: MelonBird

5. HRTM-DATA Save Point

Join Date Jan 2011

Posts 6

Membership Standard

07-22-2011 04:38 AM #123

thanks for the info

6. Tuhoaja Banned

Join Date Mar 2010

Posts 1,936

Membership Banned

07-22-2011 05:15 AM #124

That *** Boxhead... He is a idiot skiddy...

7. Join Date Jul 2010

Posts 1,089

Membership Donator

07-22-2011 06:02 AM #125

What just happened? :S
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    PS3 60GB PS3 80GB PS VITA 3G

xinfectedsoulx Daddy's home.

Join Date Dec 2008

Posts 2,801

Membership Donator

07-22-2011 07:17 AM #126

And this is why I don't download anything from NGU. You never know what you'll get with it, you know, from all these uber 1337 haxors that have no lives.

I'm glad I used a completely different password on this site to all the other important things.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xinfectedsoulx For This Useful Post:

10. Midnight.eGo from El Paso, Texas (915)

Join Date Sep 2010

Posts 739

Membership Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

07-22-2011 07:44 AM #127

Quote Originally Posted by xinfectedsoulx View Post
    And this is why I don't download anything from NGU. You never know what you'll get with it, you know, from all these uber 1337 haxors that have no lives.

I'm glad I used a completely different password on this site to all the other important things.
    I must have no life then :/

Kells ngujonas.blogspot.com

Join Date Oct 2009

Posts 1,939

Membership Donator

07-22-2011 07:58 AM #128

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight.eGo View Post
    I must have no life then :/
    This is no offense against you or anyone else (maybe against relevant and that box***)
    I just can't get it how much of these no-lifers are out there. I bet these kids are still living together with their parents. They probabyl spent their whole life trying to hack a site. But seriously, is this really an achievement? Can you say your parents then: Oh mum, I finally got it. I hacked NGU. Well anyway, just my view on that whole shit going on last night.
    Peace.
    EST 19XX

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kells For This Useful Post:

13. Midnight.eGo from El Paso, Texas (915)

Join Date Sep 2010

Posts 739

Membership Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

07-22-2011 08:05 AM #129

Quote Originally Posted by TwelveOrYounger View Post
    This is no offense against you or anyone else (maybe against relevant and that box***)
    I just can't get it how much of these no-lifers are out there. I bet these kids are still living together with their parents. They probabyl spent their whole life trying to hack a site. But seriously, is this really an achievement? Can you say your parents then: Oh mum, I finally got it. I hacked NGU. Well anyway, just my view on that whole shit going on last night.
    Peace.
    I was JK, and uhmmm, I imagine them old, fat, no light, pale, ugly, hairy, virgins, and no lifes.
    you agree?

Kells ngujonas.blogspot.com

Join Date Oct 2009

Posts 1,939

Membership Donator

07-22-2011 08:12 AM #130

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight.eGo View Post
    I was JK, and uhmmm, I imagine them old, fat, no light, pale, ugly, hairy, virgins, and no lifes.
    you agree?
    Lol, okk then.
    You took the words out of my mouth Can't describe them better.
    EST 19XX