Login | Register
Results 71 to 80 of 237

Thread: Like to Hear Your Opinion...


  1. Outsider's Avatar

    Outsider eXo Clan Leader

    Join Date May 2008

    Posts 2,831

    Membership Chief Executive Officer

    Reputation: 64835

    07-27-2011 06:50 PM #1 Like to Hear Your Opinion...

    ...on a few things. We're trying here to give more to the community, to even expand NGU further than it is right now. Right now is the time to try to do that because of all the releases coming in the Fall and Winter. I just think the forums need an overall change, in some sort. I'm going to throw a few ideas out there, and I'd like for you guys to comment on it.

    • Shortened Forums - Yes it will eliminate small sections and such, making things a little more cluttered, but not even too much. I just feel the forums kind of drag out a bit too much.
    • Sidebar on the Forumhome - The sidebar will be used from the CMS when available, and it will only be on the forum homepage.
    • Expanded staff - This is going to happen with the CMS anyways, but would more staff cause problems?

    These are just a few things, but they're pretty important. So I'd like to hear what you guys have to say!
    Follow me on Twitter [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Xbox One: Outsider734


  2. chrisdogg's Avatar

    chrisdogg EDM BO$$

    Join Date Dec 2008

    Posts 343

    Membership Donator

    Reputation: 658

    07-27-2011 08:40 PM #71


    Quote Originally Posted by The Low Key OG View Post
    If I were in his shoes, I think posts like that would inspire me to change my ways and develop more healthy relationships with those who are keeping his site alive. If I were in his shoes, posts like that would motivate me to prove all those who had doubted me that I really am here to stay and that I really am going to make some well-needed changes. If I were in his shoes, I wouldn't be offended by any such comment, because in all honesty, I would've realized my faults. The only way to prove anything around here now a days is through actions. Past admin realized this, but were restricted due to our owner's activity. No offense to you Reap, as we are good friends and this is by no means directed in any way towards you, but I have lost all sympathy towards situations as such. You and I both have seen this too many times to fall into it without anything physical to represent oral promises.
    Perfectly stated, I have been a member of these forums for a long time now and have seen the changes that it has underwent as time progressed on. Outsider is for the most part inactive, and I know that I have never been a part of the staff, but I have seen what the community is like with/without the Head Admin and in all honesty the forum runs much more smoothly and in control when Outsider is active. Straight to the point, Outsider needs to be more engaged with NGU if he expects to see the changes that he wishes to be fulfilled.
    Taste My Rainbow

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to chrisdogg For This Useful Post:


  4. Nas.'s Avatar

    Nas. I AM Keep-It-X-Rated

    Join Date Oct 2010

    Posts 565

    Membership Donator

    Reputation: 1335

    07-27-2011 08:45 PM #72

    Quote Originally Posted by Outsider View Post
    ...on a few things. We're trying here to give more to the community, to even expand NGU further than it is right now. Right now is the time to try to do that because of all the releases coming in the Fall and Winter. I just think the forums need an overall change, in some sort. I'm going to throw a few ideas out there, and I'd like for you guys to comment on it.

    • Shortened Forums - Yes it will eliminate small sections and such, making things a little more cluttered, but not even too much. I just feel the forums kind of drag out a bit too much.
    • Sidebar on the Forumhome - The sidebar will be used from the CMS when available, and it will only be on the forum homepage.
    • Expanded staff - This is going to happen with the CMS anyways, but would more staff cause problems?

    These are just a few things, but they're pretty important. So I'd like to hear what you guys have to say!
    Yes about the forums & stuff but I Think there is already enough staff :y:



  5. Webby Samurai Poster

    Join Date May 2010

    Posts 2,571

    Membership Donator

    Reputation: 3469

    07-27-2011 08:55 PM #73

    Quote Originally Posted by Outsider View Post
    ...on a few things. We're trying here to give more to the community, to even expand NGU further than it is right now. Right now is the time to try to do that because of all the releases coming in the Fall and Winter. I just think the forums need an overall change, in some sort. I'm going to throw a few ideas out there, and I'd like for you guys to comment on it.

    • Shortened Forums - Yes it will eliminate small sections and such, making things a little more cluttered, but not even too much. I just feel the forums kind of drag out a bit too much.
    • Sidebar on the Forumhome - The sidebar will be used from the CMS when available, and it will only be on the forum homepage.
    • Expanded staff - This is going to happen with the CMS anyways, but would more staff cause problems?

    These are just a few things, but they're pretty important. So I'd like to hear what you guys have to say!
    Ok why don't we try and make ngu grow more?
    By having a "good" parnetshiped youtube (this would be easy to achive)(with the amazing glichers , modders and hackers we have here)
    tbh the one we have now isn't no where near what we could achive:y:, the old one was grate; youtube is a amazing way to get new members to join.

    2. i think the amout of staff we have now is perfect :y:, but maybe we could get more members on news staff by re-opening news apps or something? At least 4 new news team?, which don't just post gaming news,but real life news, oslo boomings and such news( if you was to do this make sure the news team have perfect english and don't see it as a stepping stone to becoming mod)

    3. Staff that respect memebers;i have seen many staff being rude to lots of members.

    4. a Sidebar would be useful :y:

    EDIT: and maybe remove outstanding infractions?i have like 4 which where mistakes :P
    thanks for reading if you did :y:
    Last edited by Webby; 07-27-2011 at 09:05 PM.

  6. Join Date Jun 2008

    Posts 6,611

    Membership Former Staff

    Reputation: 27307

    07-27-2011 09:05 PM #74

    Quote Originally Posted by Outsider View Post
    Like would a sidebar on the right cause some of you guys problems? I think it'd just make the place seem like there's more too it than just forums.
    As long as it can be disabled shouldn't be a problem, otherwise it's a :n: from me.

    Staff is fine as it is, you have some really motivated people on the team and they get the job done. Expanding staff wouldn't cause problems but it seems pointless at this time.

    Shortening forums: Looks fine right now, I have the GFX section and some others I don't view "hidden" so the forums are short for me anyway.


    Now what REALLY needs to be focused on is the communication between the staff and admins. Enzo and Jim are doing a great job, but it would be nice for them to hear from you or NP more than once a month. What NGU needs to do is become more community oriented again, right now there is NOTHING making this a fun community to be a part of. People from 2008/early 2009 are still here because we know that it's possible to get NGU back to what it used to be but without 150% determination from the admins it's pointless.
    Last edited by George; 07-27-2011 at 09:09 PM.
    'MURICA

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to George For This Useful Post:


  8. Pichu's Avatar

    Pichu RIP PICHU.

    Join Date Jan 2011

    Posts 6,704

    Membership Former Staff

    Reputation: 33461

    07-27-2011 09:07 PM #75

    Quote Originally Posted by Outsider View Post
    Like would a sidebar on the right cause some of you guys problems? I think it'd just make the place seem like there's more too it than just forums.
    Give users the option to have it or not. That would mean users who like it could and users who don't don't so it is a win win.

    I'm kinda for shortening the forums and maybe some more moderators, sectional only though. (Like one person specific only in one area, Computer Lounge instead of having it like 3 mods who moderate 4 different areas. This would be an expand on the mod amount but in a very small way.
    Send me a PM with the message: "What What In The Butt".
    I will compile a list of names and put you all in my signature permanently.
    I rarely log on so it may be a month before I do it.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] wants it in the Butt.

  9. Matt1511's Avatar

    Matt1511 R.I.P. MVIEYRA</3

    Join Date Oct 2010

    Posts 1,842

    Membership Donator

    Reputation: 10226

    07-27-2011 09:24 PM #76

    Trying to give NGU a new look sounds like a good idea:y:

    ---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Outsider View Post
    ...on a few things. We're trying here to give more to the community, to even expand NGU further than it is right now. Right now is the time to try to do that because of all the releases coming in the Fall and Winter. I just think the forums need an overall change, in some sort. I'm going to throw a few ideas out there, and I'd like for you guys to comment on it.

    • Shortened Forums - Yes it will eliminate small sections and such, making things a little more cluttered, but not even too much. I just feel the forums kind of drag out a bit too much.
    • Sidebar on the Forumhome - The sidebar will be used from the CMS when available, and it will only be on the forum homepage.
    • Expanded staff - This is going to happen with the CMS anyways, but would more staff cause problems?

    These are just a few things, but they're pretty important. So I'd like to hear what you guys have to say!
    I also think it would be good to bring back staff apps. There are a lot of people that would like a shot at mod and there not noticed, but has helped a lot. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by Matt1511; 07-27-2011 at 09:23 PM.

  10. Grimsley33's Avatar

    Grimsley33 On Top of the Game

    Join Date Jan 2009

    Posts 1,692

    Membership Donator

    Reputation: 10007

    07-27-2011 09:29 PM #77

    I'm all for shortening the forums, but I'm not so sold on adding more staff. We have clusters of sectionals in some areas and little in others. I would like to see maybe some more interaction between admins and members like this thread as well. I'm not sure what the side bar would be like, so there should be a beta first to see if people like it. I've seen this site since 2008, and lately It's been slipping from what it used to be. If we work on it though we can greatly improve.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] // [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] // [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  11. Join Date Sep 2010

    Posts 4,234

    Membership Elite Founder

    Reputation: 41207

    07-27-2011 09:31 PM #78

    Quote Originally Posted by Ownage View Post
    True, but it would also cause problem with other members who would also like to have a shot, I.E Diji, Laney, etc.
    It wouldn't cause a problem with me. I know why I don't deserve staff, and I think if former staff did a good job in the past, then there is no reason they shouldn't be re-hired to do the great job they did in the present.

    I also agree that there should be extended staff. You may think what you want, but I am in all sections all through out the day and there are many times where fake threads and viruses are posted and there are 5+ hours before they are closed/deleted. Yesterday there was a iffy thread that possibly contained a virus and it wasn't deleted for 6 hours and got 500 views.

    Anyways, a sidebar would be good. I think outsiders point about 'more to offer than just the forums' is a good idea. It would keep people on the site longer and they would have more to check out, even if there is not much more to offer at this time. People will stay if there is something to do around here. Just like the REP (omg i said rep) thing. Alot of people were on NGU alot because they wanted to earn their pretty little pixels in their postbit. Now, there is not much to do.

    It would be great to be more involved with the competitions ladder. Since NGU is financially stable to the max, it would be very profitable to offer give-aways and raffles and such. I would help with that myself with the competitions forum - making tournaments and giving prizes for winners so people will actually WANT to compete in them.

    Also, bringing YOUTUBE back and more active would be good. Alot of people sign up to this site these days to check out boosting glitches and tricks, and meet community members who also boost. There are new threads every day in the rank-up discussions. So, bringing all the glitching and gameplay videos back on an active youtube channel would work wonders for people who don't already know about this site. I've talked to OUTSIDER about getting his youtube back. If he followed my directions, he would have it back by now. Hopefully he will do something with that, or else just use our current NGUTube, which is fine. But, I mostly think we should incorporate NextGenUnderground, instead.

    Why? NextGenUnderground already has a stable youtube with subscribers AND a website. Their website is directly correlated with us and their forum tab links to NGU. The owner of it is an ex-admin, RJIVE.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    "He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither." -Ben Franklin

  12. Sexy Solo's Avatar

    Sexy Solo Veni Vidi Vici

    Join Date Jun 2010

    Posts 4,720

    Membership Former Staff

    Reputation: 25897

    07-27-2011 09:34 PM #79

    Try to include a toolbar that allows you to jump to any section from a scroll down list.

    With all the new games, I think there should be at least 1 mod that solely focuses on that game.

    Shortening the forums would be good. Kill off the dead sections.

  13. Join Date

    Posts n/a

    Membership Unregistered / Not Logged In

    Reputation:

    07-27-2011 09:35 PM #80

    Quote Originally Posted by Diji View Post
    It wouldn't cause a problem with me. I know why I don't deserve staff, and I think if former staff did a good job in the past, then there is no reason they shouldn't be re-hired to do the great job they did in the present.

    I also agree that there should be extended staff. You may think what you want, but I am in all sections all through out the day and there are many times where fake threads and viruses are posted and there are 5+ hours before they are closed/deleted. Yesterday there was a iffy thread that possibly contained a virus and it wasn't deleted for 6 hours and got 500 views.

    Anyways, a sidebar would be good. I think outsiders point about 'more to offer than just the forums' is a good idea. It would keep people on the site longer and they would have more to check out, even if there is not much more to offer at this time. People will stay if there is something to do around here. Just like the REP (omg i said rep) thing. Alot of people were on NGU alot because they wanted to earn their pretty little pixels in their postbit. Now, there is not much to do.

    It would be great to be more involved with the competitions ladder. Since NGU is financially stable to the max, it would be very profitable to offer give-aways and raffles and such. I would help with that myself with the competitions forum - making tournaments and giving prizes for winners so people will actually WANT to compete in them.

    Also, bringing YOUTUBE back and more active would be good. Alot of people sign up to this site these days to check out boosting glitches and tricks, and meet community members who also boost. There are new threads every day in the rank-up discussions. So, bringing all the glitching and gameplay videos back on an active youtube channel would work wonders for people who don't already know about this site. I've talked to OUTSIDER about getting his youtube back. If he followed my directions, he would have it back by now. Hopefully he will do something with that, or else just use our current NGUTube, which is fine. But, I mostly think we should incorporate [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], instead.

    Why? NextGenUnderground already has a stable youtube with subscribers AND a website. Their website is directly correlated with us and their forum tab links to NGU. The owner of it is an ex-admin, RJIVE.
    Ahh,
    Just looking out for the other guy
    Yes past mods have done a good job, there is no taking away from that. But they retired, and should be put back into the same area as other members in terms of having a "shot"
    Other then that, I agree with everything that Outie wants to incorporate. Change is always good, and there is nothing to lose from adding in something simple

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Vince For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •